R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-03-2005, 12:32 AM   #541
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Hey Jon Kerr- EA isn't the only redneck from TN on here.... I'm watchin you

Don't listen to EA- I already told him I'll come with him if he let's me know in time to get somebody to work for me!!

RCknight- the smaller axles and bearings are all about rotational mass and unsprung weight. Bottom line is they are lighter. I liked the screws and larger brgs too, but the competition is getting to the point where every little bit counts.

Looks like the upper bumper brace doesn't mount to the bulkhead- maybe that's what was causing the bent front bulkheads on the FK05?

I believe the eccentric link posts mean the mounting hole is offset so you can rotate it around where the ball is igher or lower, longer, shorter before you tighten up the screw. Seems like it would need to be keyed somehow to be sure it doesn't move, but I can't comment on that since I haven't laid hands on it.

Personally, I have no problem with Xray updating the cars and looking for improvments- this means they have a great r&d department (AKA Mario's Gang-lol) and they are capable of turning good information into winning products. Companies that produce serious race cars in ANY scale very seldom try to screw their customers by updating the products more often than needed. If that were the case, some updates wouldn't be faster in the hands of pro racers like the great Ralph Burch Jr (holy cow- that is some serious blatant a$$ kissing right there!!!). So as long as the product is improving there's no reason to do anything but complement them

The real problem is that r/c racers have some kind of need to be using the latest, greatest, coolest blinginnest stuff they get their grubby little hands on- dare I call it vanity???
The truth is that in your hands or my hands or most guys like us that aren't capable of making the show at a national race, the FK04 will be just as fast as the T2 cause soon as I get on a TQ run, I'll pipe it or blow out mentally or whatever we do and the overall qualifying time will put us into the C main or D main and for the most part it won't matter which car you were running.
Perfect example is myself- for the last year, there hasn't been one race that I didn't win where I might have won had I been running the FK05 instead of the 04. Most races I won, one or two I broke my own car (again didn't matter it would been broke anyway) and a few carpet races (Snowbirds,etc) that I coulda been running the T3 prototype and I wasn't gonna win- lol.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 01:16 AM   #542
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via AIM to letitroll

Quote:
Someone with your accent not drinking beer? Sorry Eric, I had to.

...Boomhauer

letitroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:14 AM   #543
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Unique design ? What are you talking about ? All previous X-Rays had similar layout to the Tamiya car at the time of their release:

TRF 414, 414M etc... --> T1, T1 FOC, T1 FK...
TRF 415 --> FK05
and now MSX --> T2

I'm not saying it's crap but there's no uniqueness in the design of these cars.
Have to agree with you that Xray used the TRF designs, however, each time Xray has made the design better with their unique design details.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:23 AM   #544
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Superfly1967:

YGPM.
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:22 AM   #545
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitroll
...Boomhauer

Easy there "goober smoocher"

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:19 AM   #546
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Agreed Big Dog....but

having a car that easier to wrench on makes me a happy racer. I would be all for the Yoke BD if I could get a carpet chassis for it. I'm all but glad, except the the change in the wheel hexes and larger bearings. I hope they will fit on the T2. Not sure yet, but I'll need to do some durability testing.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:59 AM   #547
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

guys this will be my first xray tc. the reason us less experienced racers want what is supposed to be the best out there is cause we don't have the knowledge to understand everything in a tc (roll centers,camber,caster,etc) it's all very complicated. but these new cars are coming out actually race prepared with stock setups that are dialed as oppsed to older tc's which u had to find a setup that worked which entailed alot of track time that we don't have.
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:52 PM   #548
Tech Elite

Default I hope it comes with a 3mm chassis...

and shock towers. Along with a carpet front shock tower. Or better yet a conversion kit. I'll be scared to see the price on this thing. If it's off the wall, I'll just stay with the 05.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 01:20 PM   #549
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

gonzo, it is not possible for a kit set up to be dialed on every track in the world. Part of the fun is making it dialed for you on your track.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:25 PM   #550
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbarron
BTW, how do you know?

PS I just pre-ordered on Speedtech.
Thank you very much

We are working on a deal to help sweeten up this pre-order even more. We will email all the pre-order customers once we finalize it.

Steve Wang
Old 12-03-2005, 02:38 PM   #551
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Thank you very much

We are working on a deal to help sweeten up this pre-order even more. We will email all the pre-order customers once we finalize it.

Steve Wang
I think we can all agree.
Steve in 2008!!
"My fellow Americans" will be replaced by "My fellow Racers!"
Attached Thumbnails
NEW XRAY T2-pres.jpg  
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #552
Tech Fanatic

Just one little thought: How long do you think the T2 can last before Xray released an upgrade version?
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 03:26 PM   #553
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

2007?
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 03:58 PM   #554
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreasurada
Just one little thought: How long do you think the T2 can last before Xray released an upgrade version?
I say 6 months. The T2FK will be out then!
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #555
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
The real problem is that r/c racers have some kind of need to be using the latest, greatest, coolest blinginnest stuff they get their grubby little hands on- dare I call it vanity???
The truth is that in your hands or my hands or most guys like us that aren't capable of making the show at a national race, the FK04 will be just as fast as the T2 cause soon as I get on a TQ run, I'll pipe it or blow out mentally or whatever we do and the overall qualifying time will put us into the C main or D main and for the most part it won't matter which car you were running.
you bring up a great point here. Most people race at the club level and would still win with the fk05. Last night at my local track, the tq in stock sedan was an fk04. I wouldn't have a problem using the fk05 because more people have them and setups would be easier to share and what not. Having the latest and greatest is awesome, but it is ultimately not going to make you faster.
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote