R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-30-2006, 10:02 PM   #5086
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Mongo Send a message via Yahoo to Mongo

I had to replace my top deck and when I held the two together the new one is much narrower all over. Did they make a running change?
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:00 AM   #5087
X2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo
I had to replace my top deck and when I held the two together the new one is much narrower all over. Did they make a running change?
Do you have a picture at all?
X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:33 AM   #5088
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi guys... just in case you or someone you know wants to get a T2, i have mine listed on the for sale section.
thanks
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:52 AM   #5089
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

Quote:

Is it the same thickness as the previous top decks?
brians11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #5090
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a car from the first batch, a friend bought one lately. the top decks are different, the thickness is the same however
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:08 PM   #5091
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Mongo Send a message via Yahoo to Mongo

I dont have a way to get a picture to the net... Or my computer. I dont have a cam here.. only my cell phone cam... Sorry. But there is a big diference.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #5092
Tech Master

It'd be interesting to see... good luck getting us a picture!
Old 07-02-2006, 03:57 AM   #5093
X2
Tech Regular

Quote:
I dont have a way to get a picture to the net... Or my computer. I dont have a cam here.. only my cell phone cam... Sorry. But there is a big diference.
No problem. I beleive you, i just wanted too see what the differences were.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #5094
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool S U R G E !

Question guy's are they making an after market rear shock tower for the T2 ? And where can I get one ?

Thx U .
Team Scream Racing Middle River Hobbies GQ AMERICA Diggity Designs Castle Creations ✦TheRCShack✦ www.castlecreations.comwww.teamscreamracing.com www.diggitydesigns.comhttp://www.gqproduct.comMini www.middleriverhobbies.comTom Brown The Rev 7 XRAY ✦ M05 Surfs Up DudeMiddle River Hobbies
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:58 AM   #5095
Tech Regular

Learned today the HARD way that Multiflex really works in extreme conditions.
I used this setup in (for Holland) very hot conditions.
I had a very stable car and had good Qualifyers. Second Finale I thought to create a little more steering respons by taking away flex at the back by putting the 4 rear bulkhead screws back in.
And that was a mistake. My car went form stable reasonable steering to extreme steering and NO stable rear.
Lesson 1: Flex works
Lesson 2: Work on the front if you want an effect there
Old 07-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #5096
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAHUNA
Question guy's are they making an after market rear shock tower for the T2 ? And where can I get one ?

Thx U .
http://www.bmiracing.com/
Kyle Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #5097
Tech Rookie

Hey guys I need some help please.
I have been running the car at our local track for a few weeks now and I am pretty impressed with it overall. Over the past two recent outings I have this chattering noise if I can call it like that,whenever the car accelerates. The noise is not present running it with the wheels off the ground. Have checked belt tension for any slippage and tightened one notch both belts. Its not the usual noise from the CVDs..(I am running Multidiff in spool mode in front)..

Any ideas?? Thks
previssimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #5098
X2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by previssimus
I have been running the car at our local track for a few weeks now and I am pretty impressed with it overall. Over the past two recent outings I have this chattering noise if I can call it like that,whenever the car accelerates. The noise is not present running it with the wheels off the ground. Have checked belt tension for any slippage and tightened one notch both belts. Its not the usual noise from the CVDs..(I am running Multidiff in spool mode in front)..

Any ideas?? Thks

Sounds like you're rear diff could have came loose as the parts have worn together. Tighten it slightly and see if it helps.
Good luck.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #5099
Tech Regular

Quote:

Any ideas?? Thks
If this happens with full of almost full locked steering to left or right on throttle than this is just a given fact. You can look at www.nexusracing.com for tips to reduce this.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:26 PM   #5100
Tech Master

Quote:

Any ideas?? Thks

Also, make sure none of the driveshaft caps, aka blades, are worn and the pin is hitting the outdrive now...