R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-29-2006, 10:17 PM   #5071
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
In regards to the broken outdrives, I beleave I was the first one on this forum to report this problem, as the c-hubs would break, the drive shaft would pop out and mangle the outdrive. I took the problem to Xray, and they told me they did not sell the outdrives seperate, so i would have to buy the entire diff (F*cking stupid), so i went ahead and bought, the spring steel diff, for a couple extra bucks. That was months ago, and I'm surprised they havin't fixed this issue yet
I know the pain.. the first day I took my new T2 out, I broke the chub and mangled the outdrive.. luckily, I was able to get a replacment for $20 off ebay!
scottwk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:36 AM   #5072
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via MSN to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via Yahoo to RcCzarOfOld

You did end up having to replace it Scott? I thought you were able to clean it up enough to still be functional.

I took the easy route... Aluminum C-hubs. Now I just replace the suspension holder screws about every other run...

Tony
RcCzarOfOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:43 AM   #5073
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondthepack
In regards to the broken outdrives, I beleave I was the first one on this forum to report this problem, as the c-hubs would break, the drive shaft would pop out and mangle the outdrive. I took the problem to Xray, and they told me they did not sell the outdrives seperate, so i would have to buy the entire diff (F*cking stupid), so i went ahead and bought, the spring steel diff, for a couple extra bucks. That was months ago, and I'm surprised they havin't fixed this issue yet
Maybe some tips (I had a worn diff too):

1) 305002 Ball Diff. with Labyrinth Covers™ - (Factory Kit)

This is the diff which is delevired with the T2.
No "output shafts" available.

2) 305000 Ball Differential With Labyrinth Dust Covers.

Standard EVO2 (en older) diff with steel balls.
These outdrives are still available (at least in Holland):3) 305001 Ball Differential - Spring Steel - Set.

This is the so called pro-diff and will be available in the near future (with carbide balls).

Hope this helps a little.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:35 AM   #5074
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The first picture is showing the "FK05" outdrive the T2 outdrives are a little bit different but compatible with the previous one - same part number though. I think they changed the design to reinforce it a little.
I killed one outdrive myself too but it was my own stupid mistake (did not stop after a bad crash)
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:40 AM   #5075
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I killed one outdrive myself too but it was my own stupid mistake (did not stop after a bad crash)
That's how I killed mine.. It may be usable in a pinch, but the drive is a little rough.. taught me that if I heard some weird sounds after a crash... STOP!
scottwk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #5076
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

May be answered before, but here it goes.

When adding the shims to adjust inboard toe, do you leave the stock ones on and add to that? I know you can do whatever, but this is in reference to the setup sheets. If you mark "other" and have for example 4 typed in that box. is it 4mm total? or 4 + the existing 3mm already there?

I would think it it is actually 7mm then longer screws are in order, but just wanted to be sure.
ahsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #5077
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

That spring steel diff has been around for a while, not sure if its available still... It was heavier than the reg. diff. That link to the xray site shows the date 2002.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:28 AM   #5078
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal bains
That spring steel diff has been around for a while, not sure if its available still... It was heavier than the reg. diff. That link to the xray site shows the date 2002.
I know all that. But the diff has been out of production. Xray has said a few weeks ago on their own web that they start production again.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:41 AM   #5079
Tech Master

does anyone know the answer to my ?
Old 06-30-2006, 11:59 AM   #5080
Tech Regular

Pretty sure it is in addition to the ones already there. If you put 4 in the box you actually have 7mm. Put whatever you add to the standard 3mm. Or I guess you could indicate too if went less than the 3. Have read about some doing that to narrow the car up too.

This is just my interpretation though so take it for whats it worth.
new92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:05 PM   #5081
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsikes
May be answered before, but here it goes.

When adding the shims to adjust inboard toe, do you leave the stock ones on and add to that? I know you can do whatever, but this is in reference to the setup sheets. If you mark "other" and have for example 4 typed in that box. is it 4mm total? or 4 + the existing 3mm already there?

I would think it it is actually 7mm then longer screws are in order, but just wanted to be sure.
You leave the stock shims in place. You then add to these shims to increase the inboard toe. The chart on that section of the set up sheet calculates the shims thickness from mm to degrees.

So for example: if you have the stock shim which is 1.5mm (0 degrees in board toe) and you add another 1.5mm shim you will end up with 2 degrees in board toe.

And you will not need a 7mm longer screw

Hope this helps.
Kyle Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:26 PM   #5082
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsikes
does anyone know the answer to my ?
It's on top of. If you look to my setup. Other: ,75 mm is for the track width and 0,4 mm is for the toe out.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #5083
Tech Master

thanks guys. I went extreme on the 7mm to make a point.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:17 PM   #5084
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default IF the stock diff came with carbide diff balls at that price...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C
Im confused??? How can you say that it is a waste of money when in time your thrust bearings and diff balls and washers will eventually wear to the point you would need to replace them.

Now LOGIC would tell you while buying all the parts to make up a diff would cost more than the diff itself.

I just don't see how you would save money when you need to replace the additional parts later!!

Regards,
it would be a deal, but they don't. It's bs that we have to duy the whole diff to get one outdrive. I hope they bring back the spring steel one as well as selling outdrive halfs.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:50 PM   #5085
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
...It's bs that we have to duy the whole diff to get one outdrive...
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote