R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2006, 09:05 PM   #5026
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: No where near home.
Posts: 130
Send a message via AIM to Mongo Send a message via Yahoo to Mongo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C
You are so correct Rick........Jason from BMI Really know's how to make a quality chassis!!

His work is impeccable!!

Best Regards,

Alex

Question....

How come the top deck is counter sunk? I thought the floating idea was better. Or is that the issue with tweaking?
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #5027
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 7,868
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Default

I found that racing the T2 on a medium to high traction track the adjustable top deck and chassis was great! The car had just a little to much grip with the high flex. Added some screws and the grip was reduced. Very trick chassis!
__________________
Please become an organ donor.
www.donatelife.net
Custom decals and Sno-Tee'z, T-Shirts by Sno Camel
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:04 AM   #5028
Tech Master
 
Alex C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: On a ship in the warm seas with no sail !!!
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo
Question....

How come the top deck is counter sunk? I thought the floating idea was better. Or is that the issue with tweaking?
Mongo,

During a hard hit or say a slight tap on the board sideways......with the Multiflex Chassis you had a tendency to tweak the car!!

Now with the counter sunk top deck's, and front/rear shock towers you have a less degree of tweaking the car.
Also one key thing to remember is the BMI Chassis compared to the Xray chassis is the type of carbon fiber that is used on both chassis.

I know Bmi's carbon fiber Chassis is made of alternating fiber layers that are layered in a 0 deg to a 90 deg, and to a 45 deg weave.....which makes the chassis very rigid and less prone to tweaking the car.

Feel free to pm if you have any other questions........also feel free to visit BMI's website @ www.bmiracing.com !!

Best Regards,

Alex
__________________
Alex Cortez
Thank You to all My Sponsors
Ko Propo USA / RC America - Xray - Hudy / Max Power Engines / VP PowerMaster Fuel / Team Espo - "Lay it down Prop"!!!!
Alex C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #5029
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,661
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C
Mongo,

During a hard hit or say a slight tap on the board sideways......with the Multiflex Chassis you had a tendency to tweak the car!!

Now with the counter sunk top deck's, and front/rear shock towers you have a less degree of tweaking the car.
Also one key thing to remember is the BMI Chassis compared to the Xray chassis is the type of carbon fiber that is used on both chassis.

I know Bmi's carbon fiber Chassis is made of alternating fiber layers that are layered in a 0 deg to a 90 deg, and to a 45 deg weave.....which makes the chassis very rigid and less prone to tweaking the car.

Feel free to pm if you have any other questions........also feel free to visit BMI's website @ www.bmiracing.com !!

Best Regards,

Alex
So basically as a sponsored driver you are saying the stock T2 chassis basically tweaks pretty easy

" XRAY Anti-Tweak Smart Design - chassis and top deck are designed to prevent the car from becoming tweaked during a crash" from teamxray.com
__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:26 AM   #5030
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 558
Send a message via AIM to WhoMe
Default

Read his list o sponsors...*BMI*
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:50 AM   #5031
Tech Master
 
Alex C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: On a ship in the warm seas with no sail !!!
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
Read his list o sponsors...*BMI*
Feel free to give the BMI chassis a try.......than make your own opinion!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus
So basically as a sponsored driver you are saying the stock T2 chassis basically tweaks pretty easy

" XRAY Anti-Tweak Smart Design - chassis and top deck are designed to prevent the car from becoming tweaked during a crash" from teamxray.com
Nexus,

Thanks for the BIG WOODEN SPOON ........it is just my humble opinion that while running the stock xray chassis on asphalt rubber tire may be the better of the two, although while running on a foam carpet track the BMI Carpet Version Chassis is far much better of a chassis in the matter of tweak!!

Best Regards Anthony,

Alex
__________________
Alex Cortez
Thank You to all My Sponsors
Ko Propo USA / RC America - Xray - Hudy / Max Power Engines / VP PowerMaster Fuel / Team Espo - "Lay it down Prop"!!!!
Alex C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:14 AM   #5032
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
Read his list o sponsors...*BMI*
BMI doesn't sponsor me (I am trying to get some free stickers though) I will agree that the quality of the carpet chassis kit is awesome. The car was more reactive on the track and I have never had to reset the tweak.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:38 AM   #5033
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,661
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C
Feel free to give the BMI chassis a try.......than make your own opinion!!



Nexus,

Thanks for the BIG WOODEN SPOON ........it is just my humble opinion that while running the stock xray chassis on asphalt rubber tire may be the better of the two, although while running on a foam carpet track the BMI Carpet Version Chassis is far much better of a chassis in the matter of tweak!!

Best Regards Anthony,

Alex
Just bustin your chops Alex :P

Plus I still have a Big wooden fork left....all fili's have a big wooden spoon and fork in their kitchens.
__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:09 AM   #5034
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Uhhhh.... what tweak?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:46 PM   #5035
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Colorado, Above The Rest
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Does anybody know if the T2 kit standard outdrives can be purchased by themselves? All that I've seen are the ones for the one-way and multi diffs. I really don't want to purcahse an additional complete diff everytime that I bend/break an outdrive.
__________________
Team BSR
Team Power Push
Protoform Race Bodies
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:56 PM   #5036
Tech Elite
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Does anybody know if the T2 kit standard outdrives can be purchased by themselves? All that I've seen are the ones for the one-way and multi diffs. I really don't want to purcahse an additional complete diff everytime that I bend/break an outdrive.
My gawd, how hard are you hitting the boards? I've never broke a Xray steel diff. I see the guys with alum outdrives do it all the time.

Any ways, this was the closest I found.

305010 Alu Diff Long Output Shaft Hard Coated
305020 Alu Diff Short Output Shaft Hard Coated

No idea if they are still available.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:02 PM   #5037
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Colorado, Above The Rest
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
My gawd, how hard are you hitting the boards? I've never broke a Xray steel diff. I see the guys with alum outdrives do it all the time.

Any ways, this was the closest I found.

305010 Alu Diff Long Output Shaft Hard Coated
305020 Alu Diff Short Output Shaft Hard Coated

No idea if they are still available.
Actually, I broke a plastic steering block and the CVD bent the stock outdrive in the carnage that followed. I bent it back in place, but was wanted to get another one for the spare parts box in case it broke and there wasn't one readily available.
__________________
Team BSR
Team Power Push
Protoform Race Bodies
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #5038
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus
So basically as a sponsored driver you are saying the stock T2 chassis basically tweaks pretty easy

" XRAY Anti-Tweak Smart Design - chassis and top deck are designed to prevent the car from becoming tweaked during a crash" from teamxray.com

not to start any conflict but a few of the xray drivers have changed to my chassis kit for the added rigidty,performance,and because it doesnt tweak.

i see what xray was doing and commend them for doing something different but it does tweak pretty easy.it is also difficult to put together and have everything be straight.i know alot of people are going to disagree but if you go to extremes like myself with assembly and inspection,you will see this also.it is an excelent car and does run great with the stock chassis on it.i just tried to cure a few of the problems that i found and added some features that have seemed to help performance.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:18 PM   #5039
Tech Elite
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Don't worry Jason, when you are on top like Xray you automatically become the target of everyone else. Like Biggie said "Mo money, Mo problems".
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #5040
Tech Master
 
Alex C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: On a ship in the warm seas with no sail !!!
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
not to start any conflict but a few of the xray drivers have changed to my chassis kit for the added rigidty,performance,and because it doesnt tweak.

i see what xray was doing and commend them for doing something different but it does tweak pretty easy.it is also difficult to put together and have everything be straight.i know alot of people are going to disagree but if you go to extremes like myself with assembly and inspection,you will see this also.it is an excelent car and does run great with the stock chassis on it.i just tried to cure a few of the problems that i found and added some features that have seemed to help performance.
Well said Jason!!
__________________
Alex Cortez
Thank You to all My Sponsors
Ko Propo USA / RC America - Xray - Hudy / Max Power Engines / VP PowerMaster Fuel / Team Espo - "Lay it down Prop"!!!!
Alex C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:52 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net