R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-20-2006, 04:17 PM   #4981
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polesitter61
It's not like the rest of us were not thinking the same thing. A $400 you have to buy a tweak plate to make sure the chassis is straight This is why I also have an RDX as well as my T2
Oh come'on guys, this isn't a Xray design flaw. Did you not see others asking for the same product for other brands i.e. Tamiya, etc.

This is a helpful building tool, think of it nothing more then your tweak board for setting suspension. It's a tool to make the car go together easier and right every time.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:25 PM   #4982
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polesitter61
It's not like the rest of us were not thinking the same thing. A $400 you have to buy a tweak plate to make sure the chassis is straight This is why I also have an RDX as well as my T2
I know a couple of Corally factory drivers that have already asked for an RDX torque plate.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:39 PM   #4983
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

in all honesty,every car out there needs to be alligned.whether you do it with droop blocks,a flat plate or whatever,you will need to do this reguardless of brand of car.i need to check my cyclone all the time.it would be cool if i didnt need to look like i was playing twister when i set my car to be alligned.i get it done but it is not as easy as it would be if i was to lay it in a fixture.i think it is the start of a new common tool that we will see in alot of pit boxes soon.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #4984
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ho yeah,adrian,MY MOTOR IS FASTER THAN YOURS!!!!! j/k bro.talk to you tommorow
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:32 PM   #4985
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
I know a couple of Corally factory drivers that have already asked for an RDX torque plate.
Adrian hit it on the head... it's not so much a tweak plate as it is a "TORQUE PLATE"

Great product!
Kyle Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:35 PM   #4986
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
this is an odd product to have, when all the factory guys say the car doesn't tweak. this product can't be good advertising for xray.

Haterrr. You of all people should know that this sort of thing happens with any car. If this was the case then no one would use blocks to check their chassis, which I know a ton of people do regulaly. I still don't have any tweak issues with the car but its just nice to know that everything is perfect.

I know your the man and all, but i'm sure even you pile through a chicane and jack your car all up every now and again . Why not straighten everything the the easiest way possible?
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #4987
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Its gonna really suck if your not a machinest and you buy the tool and a car kit with a one year shelf life!! Having said that-its a brilliant idea and it looks sweet!! Take all the error out of building dbl deck cars and add a layer of consistency to the build process!! I havent had tweak issues with my BMI T2, but I sure did scratch my head at times with my TRF415!!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #4988
Tech Champion

... dbl post ...
Old 06-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #4989
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

All I know is I love my T2. It was awesome long before I came out with this plate. I saw an opportunity to make a great car better. You can use droop blocks to straighten the car side to side, but you can end up with a bow in the middle of the car. So it is not square. You can lay the car on a flat surface and tighten everything up, but usually something ends up shifting and it still does not come out perfect. If the chassis is clamped to something perfectly flat with no possibility for shifting or wrinkling up, and then everything is tightened up, the car will come out square side to side, front to back, and corner to corner. If you ever want to see exactly what you get with droop blocks, try loosening up the top plate screws, set the car on droop blocks, then pull down on the very front of the chassis around the bumper area, and the very back of the chassis. Watch what happens to the top plate and the chassis. You will see it bow like crazy. Now, tighten everything up like that and run the droop guage under and down the side of the chassis and watch the gap change. it will be bowed. Also, can you lay a car on a flat surface and loosen and retighten the screws on the bottom? Hmmmmmmm. There is somthing to ponder.

I can understand someone not wanting to spend the money for the tool, but I don't understand why anyone would come on here and bash Xray for an invention they had nothing to do with. It does make the car better. I run this car, so I started with the T2. I will be making plates for others soon. Will there then be unkind remarks for Corally, Tamiya, Schumacher, etc?
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:29 PM   #4990
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm not bashing, I have a T2 and it's a great car. I also have had no know tweak issues with my T2. And I'm certainly not bashing you product Art, is a really great idea, I e-mailed you asking for a price but have not heard from you, I myself want one also
Old 06-20-2006, 08:44 PM   #4991
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's cool. I didn't mean to get all salty, I just really was worried about this exact subject before I came out with the tool. The last thing I want to do is cast anything negative towards any manufacturer. My hope is that it would make squaring up all cars a no-brainer.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #4992
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Also, can you lay a car on a flat surface and loosen and retighten the screws on the bottom? Hmmmmmmm. There is somthing to ponder.
Yup-that in my mnd is the most awesome advantage the tool gives you!!! I suppose it will also let you know for sure if youve bent a bulkhead as well!!

Heck-it will let you know if anythg is bent or out of whack.

Ray
Old 06-20-2006, 09:48 PM   #4993
Tech Initiate

How about using the SERPENT RCC shock in T2?
srw_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:24 AM   #4994
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whether a car tweaks is different from setting up the car without tweak. The latter is what Art's invention is for, the former is what XRay is talking about. IF you set the car up correctly (i.e. without tweak) THEN it will stay untweaked (assuming you tightened the screws sufficiently). I have not had any problems with the car tweaking in months. So as long as I set the car up right in the first place it'll be good. Art's product will help you do that.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:42 AM   #4995
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Art Jensen ygpm question for ya

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote