R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-19-2006, 02:40 PM   #4966
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
All tweak issues will be gone when using this plate!! If all the Xray "Factory" drivers (Blackstock, Burch, Lemuix, Flack, etc) bought them then you know its good!!
Yup, I watched all the Xray guys use them at nats to build their cars. Sent Art an e-mail, got to add one to my tool box.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #4967
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
EA is correct. The tweak plate is awesome. I first used it at the Reedy Race and then the Nats and never had 1 run where my car was even the slightest bit tweaked. I can't wait to use it on tight carpet tracks where you bounce of boards every run. Definetly going to be a big help. So, you guys all definetly need to get one of these things for your tool box.
Bobby is absolutely right. The Tweak Plate is a must have in everyones pits and it gets the job done. Throw away your mip tweak stations and get your Tweak plate TODAY!!
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:59 PM   #4968
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the love fellas!! You still will need your bubble tweak station to balance sprung weight. This thing just squares everything up on the car.
Seems to be working well for everyone. Glad to hear it. Thanks for all the support guys.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:13 PM   #4969
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Hey guys, I am about to have another run of tweak plates done. Give me a shout if anyone wants one.
Contact me at [email protected]
Correction the correct email is: [email protected]. Sorry about the confusion, just trying to keep my inbox sane. Thanks, Art
Old 06-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #4970
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Thanks for the love fellas!! You still will need your bubble tweak station to balance sprung weight. This thing just squares everything up on the car.
Seems to be working well for everyone. Glad to hear it. Thanks for all the support guys.
any chance you'll make one to support other cars? (EvoV? MSX? )
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:25 PM   #4971
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
No love for Tamiya and especially in a Xray thread!
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:35 PM   #4972
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
No love for Tamiya and especially in a Xray thread!
(btw.. congrats on the awesome run at nats)
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:26 PM   #4973
Tech Master

Hey guys. The plates are 99.99 plus 8.10 S&H inside the U.S. I will ship anywhere, I just need to adjust the Shipping accordingly. I will have a website up this week and will post when it is up so I can handle this stuff off of this forum. I don't want to step on any toes. I am taking Paypal prepay orders now and the plates should be ready to ship in two weeks. Thanks for the support guys.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:34 PM   #4974
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
I am definately going to do these for other cars. I am going to do a poll on my website to see what car would be the next most popular to make a plate for. Right now, my boy Jason (BMI) is extremely busy filling orders for the T2 plates and I am busy trying to get through the patent process. Once things calm down a little, I am going to move on the next project. Tamiya is definatly on the short list though.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #4975
Tech Regular

Default IRP Tweak Plate

Let me just add my support for this product. If you want to get serious about setting up your car the right way every time, the tweak plate is the solution. Alex Lopez and I were using it this weekend at the Strickland race. This thing is no joke...like EA said, all the paid Xray drivers use it. Having one is a no-brainer and don't sweat the cost. Believe me, once you use it and see how consistent your car becomes you won't think anything of it.

And for those who want to say, "my car doesn't need a tweak plate"...you have no idea. Every car needs one of these. Nice engineering Art!
Old 06-19-2006, 11:24 PM   #4976
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I would like to add my support also... used mine the first time at Scotty's Rubber Tire Nationals... works great. I just screw the car to the plate after my race and do all my work with it attached... I then loosen and retighten the top deck screws before I remove it from the plate and I know everything is square and untweaked
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:16 PM   #4977
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

this is an odd product to have, when all the factory guys say the car doesn't tweak. this product can't be good advertising for xray.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #4978
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
this is an odd product to have, when all the factory guys say the car doesn't tweak. this product can't be good advertising for xray.
This product just makes it easy to tighten everything up and you dont have to worry about a pit board or table being flat.. this plate will hold the chassis flat no matter what.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:28 PM   #4979
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
Ouch dude!! I knew it was only a matter of time before a comment like this came up. I guess if you look hard enough, you can find a negative side to anything.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:10 PM   #4980
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's not like the rest of us were not thinking the same thing. A $400 you have to buy a tweak plate to make sure the chassis is straight This is why I also have an RDX as well as my T2