R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #4951
Tech Elite

Oh yea, I raced the car today after doing the drive shaft blade mod that NEXUS suggested. I ran 7 battery packs and didn't change the blades all day. Didn't remove them, just looked at them installed on the car. They seemed pretty good.

I just checked them now since I'm back at home. The front shows a little sign of wear, but the rears had the same wear as before. None of the blades really expaned outward, just that same excessive wear on the inner edge at the ball area of the dogbone. It wore down to the pin.

I will install the other diff in, as the current one has some outdrive wear/damage at the blade contact area and keep a closer eye on it.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:53 AM   #4952
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Still scares me. I ran the original when it first came out(secnd batch) for 2 months. Went backwards the whole time. It didn't have any problems, just slow. I couldn't even feel it. The lap times and race results showed it though.

I am seriusly considering trying it out again with the pro version, got to think about it though for a little while.
I just got a new radio and I desided to give the new pro module and recever a try. I really could not feel or tell a diference and my laptimes where just as good as they would have been with the regular stuff.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:04 AM   #4953
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to WhoMe
Default Ultra Stiff Bumper?

Yesterday at the races I broke a couple of steering blocks making the same costly mistake on the same corner every time out. My question is...has anyone tried the ultra stiff foam bumper from P-dub? I was considering ordering one in hopes of saving a few steering blocks in the future.
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:11 AM   #4954
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Hey guys, I am about to have another run of tweak plates done. Give me a shout if anyone wants one.
Contact me at [email protected]
You T2 owners out there need to jump on one of these!! This will make setting tweak on your car an absolute piece of cake and it will be perfect everytime!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:22 AM   #4955
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hey art pm sent.
ahsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #4956
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
You T2 owners out there need to jump on one of these!! This will make setting tweak on your car an absolute piece of cake and it will be perfect everytime!!

EA
How does that tweak plate work?
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:31 AM   #4957
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

The bumpers are a must. Pdub bumper on every car I own.... They just plain work better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
Yesterday at the races I broke a couple of steering blocks making the same costly mistake on the same corner every time out. My question is...has anyone tried the ultra stiff foam bumper from P-dub? I was considering ordering one in hopes of saving a few steering blocks in the future.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:37 AM   #4958
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
Get one. I have hit corners hard and it works great. Not one broken front part with it.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:49 AM   #4959
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to WhoMe

Awsome, thanks for the feedback. I just ordered it. Now do you guys use this foam bumper in conjunction with the Xray's T2 Impact Absorbing Lower Front Bumper or do you just use it with the stock lower bumper?
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #4960
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Whatever happened to the adjustable c-hubs that were being made?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:09 AM   #4961
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin
Whatever happened to the adjustable c-hubs that were being made?
Broken because they had no Pdub bumper.
Sorry... Serious again.

No idea.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #4962
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Hey guys, I am about to have another run of tweak plates done. Give me a shout if anyone wants one.
Contact me at [email protected]

Peeps this is one of those tools that's a "MUST HAVE!!!!" It just flat out works!!! There's no guess work, no need to have "four" hands in order to de-tweak your chassis. This tools gives you another advantage over your competition!
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:30 PM   #4963
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
How does that tweak plate work?
Its a thick alumn plate that fits on the bottom of the chassis and it has holes in it to access every screw in the bottom of the chassis. It comes with 4 standoffs that go through the 4 holes in the corners of the chassis and clamps the chassis to the plate so it is perfectly flat. You loosen all the chassis screws (Bulkheads and standoffs) and then loosen the top deck screws. Then you tighten them all back down and it keeps everything squar and tweak free. Once you do the bottom screws once you dont have to do it anymore unless you take them loose.

All tweak issues will be gone when using this plate!! If all the Xray "Factory" drivers (Blackstock, Burch, Lemuix, Flack, etc) bought them then you know its good!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #4964
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Its a thick alumn plate that fits on the bottom of the chassis and it has holes in it to access every screw in the bottom of the chassis. It comes with 4 standoffs that go through the 4 holes in the corners of the chassis and clamps the chassis to the plate so it is perfectly flat. You loosen all the chassis screws (Bulkheads and standoffs) and then loosen the top deck screws. Then you tighten them all back down and it keeps everything squar and tweak free. Once you do the bottom screws once you dont have to do it anymore unless you take them loose.

All tweak issues will be gone when using this plate!! If all the Xray "Factory" drivers (Blackstock, Burch, Lemuix, Flack, etc) bought them then you know its good!!

EA
Thank you.
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:53 PM   #4965
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

EA is correct. The tweak plate is awesome. I first used it at the Reedy Race and then the Nats and never had 1 run where my car was even the slightest bit tweaked. I can't wait to use it on tight carpet tracks where you bounce of boards every run. Definetly going to be a big help. So, you guys all definetly need to get one of these things for your tool box.
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote