Old 06-12-2006, 09:39 AM   #4876
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to WhoMe

Certainly..Thanks for the advice GP.
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #4877
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

Planning on messing around with a T2....What breaks on these cars? C-Hubs, Knuckles, Arms......Anything more than others?
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:49 AM   #4878
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp
Unfortunately I can't help you there as I work more in hand with the product support team and HQ. Questions for team drivers should be directed to them or their respective national distributor which provide the sponsorships.

In regards to the Reedy Race, I'd suggest sending an email to RC America, a PM to rmargiotta (he works for RC America), or post a message in the Ask Mike Blackstock thread. They should be able to help.

thanks budd also, do you still race at Debbies, all the fast guys seem to be running 19
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:56 AM   #4879
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowster21
Planning on messing around with a T2....What breaks on these cars? C-Hubs, Knuckles, Arms......Anything more than others?
steering knucles and the castor block sad to say are a package deal" you break one the other goes with", I'm running aluminum steering knuckles and rear hubs, the rear shock tower in the area of the roll-center adjustment will give out on a very bad crash but being the greatest unsigned hype that want be a problem for you
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #4880
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think I read in this thread that the roll center area break issue has been addressed on the new series of shock towers (and cars of course) - I may be wrong
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #4881
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is it just me or does the T2 seem to develop a great deal of "play" in all of the ti-rod linkages? Does anybody have any suggestions to minimize this issue?
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #4882
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I commented on that a few weeks ago but didn't get a good response from anyone. Either ballends are to big or the ballstuds are too small. There's a lot of play between them
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #4883
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Is it just me or does the T2 seem to develop a great deal of "play" in all of the ti-rod linkages? Does anybody have any suggestions to minimize this issue?
In my opinon is this not an issue. I got it too. The play is settled to one side when you're driving.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #4884
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I just noticed the slop in my car last night. They were tight when I built the car so I'll assume that new rod ends will fix it. I still have less slop than what is typical with ball cups.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #4885
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not true with me. I have so much slop, I thought I had broken something
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #4886
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Just put a shock o-ring behind each ball end. If you're worried that they are binding the suspension, take the shock off and you'll see that it's still just as free as it was before. I like to replace the o-rings in my shocks at least every other month or two, so unless your o-rings get torn, use the ones you take off. It's cheaper that way....
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #4887
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
So what do you think about the spool? Im running asphalt with rubber tires and Ive been looking over various setups. Most of the setups differ, but almost all all them seem to have one thing in common...the spool. Im currently running two diffs and Im having trouble with off power steering..specifically mid turn where the car will push. I have to slow down signifcantly so that the car will maintain the line...if I give it any throttle at that point it will continue to push out. So basically I lose a lot of momentum on low speed turns. I was wondering if switching to a spool will make alot of difference. Some swear by it.

a spool is the hot ticket on asphalt.you will get a ton of on power steering with it.it loses the turn in that a oneway has but you can be alot more aggressive with a spool.you just need to get your turn in through your set up.9 out of 10 times a spool is the best for asphalt racing.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #4888
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Got Xray?
Default Tamale

Hey guys,
I bought my T2 about a month ago and it came with team tamale alu front c-hubs(not installed),but no sleeves to make them fit does anyone know where i can get them?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #4889
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Not true with me. I have so much slop, I thought I had broken something
When you snap on the ball cups, use plastic parts bags over the ball stud, then pop the the ball cup on. Remove excess bag. All the slop should be gone.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:29 PM   #4890
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed
When you snap on the ball cups, use plastic parts bags over the ball stud, then pop the the ball cup on. Remove excess bag. All the slop should be gone.
or you coulb buy those tamiya and associated foam pieces and just slide them over the studs
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote