R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2005, 09:20 PM   #466
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well... yes drivetrain and weight placement is really similar for T2/MSX/BD/Cyclone. But did anyone notice this is a long-arm vs short-arm war this time? Wonder who is going to generate more mech-grip.

Or someone can do testing with Tamiya LW suspension on T2.... Blah..
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:21 PM   #467
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-DUB
Howard....What the heck are you posting!!! He was stating that there are a lot of xrays for sale and to be different, it's going to be an Mi2EC for him...He was in no way saying it was a copy

All I can say is WOW
I've noticed how the schuy team is always on the boards and helps out everyone possible. They stick up for each other, and never flame other drivers for no reason. For that, they have my respect and if/when my Yokomo snaps in half, I'll get a Mi2EC
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:26 PM   #468
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan
i have no idea what your talking about
Don't play dumb with me, buddy.
Quote:
i guess the sun shines on a dogs a$$ every once in a while
Yeah, that's why I wear solar panels on the back of my Old Navy jeans.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:27 PM   #469
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Howard....What the heck are you posting!!! He was stating that there are a lot of xrays for sale and to be different, it's going to be an Mi2EC for him...He was in no way saying it was a copy

All I can say is WOW
come on DUB just having some fun !!!

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:31 PM   #470
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
I've noticed how the schuy team is always on the boards and helps out everyone possible. They stick up for each other, and never flame other drivers for no reason. For that, they have my respect and if/when my Yokomo snaps in half, I'll get a Mi2EC
I've noticed the same thing. Good stuff! I've secretly been watching the Mi2EC, myself. Who knows...

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 12-01-2005, 09:35 PM   #471
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
I've noticed the same thing. Good stuff! I've secretly been watching the Mi2EC, myself. Who knows...
just stop it, your fogging up the plastic on the T2
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #472
Tech Elite

Quote:
just stop it, your fogging up the plastic on the T2
Ya' know... you won't truely be able to enjoy the T2 without driving your '05, first. Do us all a favor and run the thing. Why waste a perfectly good touring car?

Old 12-01-2005, 09:56 PM   #473
Tech Rookie

Just got myself a new alum rear upright for my FK05 and then I saw the T2....
I've read before that the T2 could use uprights and knuckles from the FK05 but I doubt it.

If you look at the kunckles and the rear uprights on a FK05, you clearly see the bearing shields since it is larger than the wheel hex. Look at the kunckles and uprights on the T2 and you can't even see the bearing. I believe the new T2 will use 5x9 bearings just like the Pro4 or Tamiya 415 ms, msx. I am not 100% sure about this but it's pretty convining it won't be compatible with the FK05. And I wouldn't suggest modding stuff to get it to fit either since the smaller bearing size it used to lower suspension weight and also lowers the suspensions CG, putting on the old knuckles and uprights would also change the geometry as they will be taller for sure.

Still going throught the hi-res pics to see what I can find but there very little compatiblities between the T2 and the FK05.

BTW... I've modded my T1 and FK05 to use wheel nuts instead of the screw/washer since day one... I just could stand the look of not using a wheel nut. Looks like I won't have to mod this chassis when I get mine. I could have fooled some people into thinking I have a T2 already with the wheel nuts.. haha
RC Robin Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:12 PM   #474
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

the bearings are 5 x10
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:27 AM   #475
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Since I am too lazy to read all 473 replies on this thread, can anyone tell me what the situation on parts for the '05 and '04 will be? Thanks!

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:34 AM   #476
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish
Since I am too lazy to read all 473 replies on this thread, can anyone tell me what the situation on parts for the '05 and '04 will be? Thanks!
Mcsquish,
From what Rc America says, there is an abundance of part for both the 04 and 05 and availability will be strong for some time still.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:16 AM   #477
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
So cars having off-set bulkheads and inferior thrust bearings were "perceived" flaws, huh? So you managed to escape the 1st run "bugs", you were fortunate. Many others weren't - we have the posts here to prove it. My M18 was fine and so was my FT '04, but i'm not going to pretend that the '05's initial problems were a mis-read of people's perception. I think you just insulted everyone's intelligence. You "brand crusaders" never say quit.
Bulkheads - no ....thrusts - yes...I'm sorry I think that a LARGE portionof the thrust problem was mass hysteria created by a very vocal group on here and other forums...I've seenandheard from many people who, after reading forums, were afraid to run their car for fear of the 'evil thrust bearing problem'...for many, the perception became the reality. If you are going to point out the faults, though, you need to also acknowledge that theissues were adressed and the customers were taken care of.

If it makes you feel better about yourself to attach labels to people, then knock yourself out...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:19 AM   #478
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:

All I can say is WOW
Hi P-Dub,

I read that post the same way as Howard I think....sounded like the poster on the other thread was implying that the FK05's on the for sale board to make room in their pits for the Mi2-EC.....

btw...I talked to Latif and grabbed some bumpers this past weekend...thanks again.....any idea how long it will take to get a T2 bumper out once the kit lands?
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:37 AM   #479
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Talking

gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:38 AM   #480
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The new T2 is sweet, Xray has done it again! I love the new chassi and I love how everyone is selling their FK05's now I can buy one for a good price . I will not get a T2 untill it has been figured out and the qurks fixed if any. So anyone unloading their FK05 for a good price drop me a line
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote