Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

yeah i just built mine yesterday, took 6 hrs to complete. that includes filing and sealing the chassis. great manual!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Anyone fit a Lipo in there T2????

Looking at the clearances there is no way one will fit. Xray come out with a conversion grade kit......please!!!!!!! I bought two lipos and they don't fit. Some of the teams guys told me they would fit!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WhoMe
Ive noticed that alot of people are running the top deck at full stiffness on asphalt. Would it be ok just to run my stiff pickles top deck then? Im thinkin by running the stiff pickle top deck that I would get the same result and possibly avoid a tweak after a minor impact. What do you think? Also what weight are those stock springs?..I havent been able to find an answer to that in my manual or setup book.
i would not run that on asphalt.you may have traction problems.the car will also be unforgiving if there are any bumps or corner dots.you want to have some flex in the car.i have seen people go as far as running o rings under the top deck for flex.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

jason, are there pics of the t2 ashpalt top deck anywhere? did you go with wings or not? and was it machined out a bunch or pretty solid?
Old 05-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by protc3
i would not run that on asphalt.you may have traction problems.the car will also be unforgiving if there are any bumps or corner dots.you want to have some flex in the car.i have seen people go as far as running o rings under the top deck for flex.
i got that problem too!!

last week was my first to running outside

and my car was so hard to drive

looks like no traction at all

i try to add more camber and softer real sprint but no work
Old 05-23-2006, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

http://home.btconnect.com/Practical...c/underbody.htm

is again in the air
Old 05-23-2006, 02:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default Underbody

Weird, I can clink on the link I posted and it works, try it again.

http://home.btconnect.com/Practical-.../underbody.htm
Old 05-23-2006, 02:48 AM
Tech Regular

The problem was not your link, but the website was down..
Old 05-23-2006, 03:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
jason, are there pics of the t2 ashpalt top deck anywhere? did you go with wings or not? and was it machined out a bunch or pretty solid?
i went with no wings and the top deck has alot of cutouts.i had jared scott testing it for me down here and he said the flexi top deck worked very well.he has been running it for a while now and really likes it.the car seems to like alot of flex on asphalt.the more rigid top decks like the pickles one and my carpet ones work real good on carpet.i will try to get a pic up tonight of the asphalt top deck for you guys.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
Looking at the clearances there is no way one will fit. Xray come out with a conversion grade kit......please!!!!!!! I bought two lipos and they don't fit. Some of the teams guys told me they would fit!

The only discussion I've seen on this or other websites requiring LiPo's indicated that the right rear bulkhead would need to be pretty heavily modified.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Weird, but then again its probably my lack of driving skill. But I tried first run almost full soft setting (rubber tire basic setup) on asphault and then started stiffening and it got better for me. The track was prepped with sugar water and I would guess traction to be medium to maybe medium-high. I runn all the screws on the bottom of the chassis, the bulkhead brace, 4 screws in the rear of the front topdeck and 2 (maybe 4 cant remember) in the front. I dont have the stand offs in and I think thats the only thing. White fronts and yellow rears.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisP
The only discussion I've seen on this or other websites requiring LiPo's indicated that the right rear bulkhead would need to be pretty heavily modified.
looks like you'd need to remove the "nub" directly behind the the cross brace.. i'd be surprised however if some of the other lipos on the market didn't fit as they are a little shorter than the orion pack..
Old 05-23-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by new92
Weird, but then again its probably my lack of driving skill. But I tried first run almost full soft setting (rubber tire basic setup) on asphault and then started stiffening and it got better for me. The track was prepped with sugar water and I would guess traction to be medium to maybe medium-high. I runn all the screws on the bottom of the chassis, the bulkhead brace, 4 screws in the rear of the front topdeck and 2 (maybe 4 cant remember) in the front. I dont have the stand offs in and I think thats the only thing. White fronts and yellow rears.
I tried out a buddies car with the full stiff setting on the top deck and with the stand-offs in and it seems more responsive than my car with the basic rubber setup. Im having a constant off power push so I think Im going to try it out this weekend and see what it does. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by protc3
i went with no wings and the top deck has alot of cutouts.i had jared scott testing it for me down here and he said the flexi top deck worked very well.he has been running it for a while now and really likes it.the car seems to like alot of flex on asphalt.the more rigid top decks like the pickles one and my carpet ones work real good on carpet.i will try to get a pic up tonight of the asphalt top deck for you guys.
Cannot want to get my T2 chassis kit Jason. Shud be killer .
Old 05-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WhoMe
Im having a constant off power push so I think Im going to try it out this weekend and see what it does. Thanks for the info.
Have you tried high rear roll with antisquat? Maybe a rear sway bar as well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.