R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2005, 08:23 PM   #451
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Personally, I could care less....

if it looks like any of the other TCs. Xray looked to improve it over the 05, they designed it better and it looks better. What more could you ask for other than better handling. I hope it has even greater corner speed and easier to drive aggressively. One other thing, I always look for parts wear and durability. For the most part, since I got my Xray I have not looked back. I'm still about the front end of the 05. I hoped Xray made the frontend stronger with the T2. It looks like they don't have the front upper bumper plate in the bulkhead anymore. I just wish a company would make a assphalt or carpet specific chassis. It just makes sense to me. Weight transfers difference on carpet than on assphalt. I hope you can use the 05's larger wheel bearings on the T2. It looks promising.

Last edited by RCknight; 12-01-2005 at 09:12 PM.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:30 PM   #452
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I just wish a company would make a assphalt or carpet specific chassis. It just make sense to me. Weight transfers difference on carpet than on assphalt.
THe Schumacher Mi2EC & Mi2EC "foam spec" have different chassis to enhance weight transfer for carpet & asphalt racing

I think it's pretty awesome how many great cars are available!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:47 PM   #453
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It also shows the dilemna that car makers are in...

some people want a different chassis for carpet and one for asphalt...

another segment of the racing crowd complains that they need to get too many parts to cross over from one surface to the other...

People say that the biggest drawback on a car is that the spur is too difficult to access....changes are made to remedy it and people complain that it is a copycat design...

I guess people will just always find something to gripe about

Personally...i'm glad the added all the extra features..and Idon't careifother cars have the feature or had done it before....I'm still really looking forward to my T2
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:48 PM   #454
Tech Elite

<---agrees with Adrian on the evolution.

Glad to see nobody got upset about my post. Just trying to interject some humor.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:49 PM   #455
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsorguy99
What's up with all the negativity??

I'm still running my FK05 as built...and I was in the first batch...heck...didn't even have to upgrade my diff thrust bearings....I didn't loosen the diffs so much that the bearings popped out of the single side cage...

I have my new double cage thrusts sitting here waiting should a rebuild ever be required...although I doubt it...

I decided to go through and rebuild my car after running it heavy for months..and listening to allthe griping aboutthe shocks....but..not a single air bubble in the oil...oil was crystal clear...still rebounding perfectly...

I understandthat there were a couple people that may have had a fastener or small item here or there mis-packaged...but thatcan happen at any point during a production run...

I just don't know where all your negativity is coming from?
What negativity?? Are you saying these things haven't happened before or don't happen at all? I'm merely speaking out about it. You guys always seem to take things the wrong way. Its not like its your first born - is it?

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #456
Tech Elite

I'm saying that many, if not most of the perceived 'flaws' or hiccups at the launch of the 05 were hype, hysteria and user error...just my personal opinion...

I'm not worried about flaws or launch problems....had none with my FK05, had none with my T1, had none with my XB8, none with my M18T...all first batch Xray kits...

They've earned my trust
Old 12-01-2005, 08:58 PM   #457
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

This quote came from the shuy thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Man there are about a million X-rays for sale on the 4 sale thread.

Can you say Mi2-EC

some peeps need to read other threads for a change !!!!

A Mi2-EC NOT !

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:02 PM   #458
Tech Elite

That's funny....

not a knock agains the Mi2-EC....nice looking ride...a good buddy of mine is seriously looking into one...but...umm.....I can't say what he said....I CAN say T2 (for me anyway )
Old 12-01-2005, 09:05 PM   #459
Tech Regular

Whoa! Do you feel old when you remember all those cars posted by AdrianM? I remeber when touring cars were just a novelty (even have old RC car action books from 10 years ago that show these cars ), kinda like an 18th scale nitro car now!....who knows what will be 10 years from now

Either way, the T2 is oozing innovation no matter how you slice it. The tuning options on this car make a rocket scientist stand up and say "wow"!

Sure, there are only so many ways to have a drive train, it's how you apply it that counts! Racing is all about having the edge and I think this car is the edge! You can bet that you will see this car in the winners circle on a regular basis!
ddesros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:06 PM   #460
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsorguy99
I'm saying that many, if not most of the perceived 'flaws' or hiccups at the launch of the 05 were hype, hysteria and user error...just my personal opinion...

I'm not worried about flaws or launch problems....had none with my FK05, had none with my T1, had none with my XB8, none with my M18T...all first batch Xray kits...

They've earned my trust
So cars having off-set bulkheads and inferior thrust bearings were "perceived" flaws, huh? So you managed to escape the 1st run "bugs", you were fortunate. Many others weren't - we have the posts here to prove it. My M18 was fine and so was my FT '04, but i'm not going to pretend that the '05's initial problems were a mis-read of people's perception. I think you just insulted everyone's intelligence. You "brand crusaders" never say quit.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 12-01-2005, 09:07 PM   #461
Tech Regular

wow! somebody is keeping a close eye on this thread
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:13 PM   #462
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan
wow! somebody is keeping a close eye on this thread
Hey, Ernie! What-up?! You get the age of those pyramids at the Giza plateau, yet? I heard you verified someone's set-up info. at the track today. Care to share?

Old 12-01-2005, 09:14 PM   #463
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard hudson
This quote came from the shuy thread

some peeps need to read other threads for a change !!!!

A Mi2-EC NOT !
Howard....What the heck are you posting!!! He was stating that there are a lot of xrays for sale and to be different, it's going to be an Mi2EC for him...He was in no way saying it was a copy

All I can say is WOW
Old 12-01-2005, 09:19 PM   #464
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
Hey, Ernie! What-up?! You get the age of those pyramids at the Giza plateau, yet? I heard you verified someone's set-up info. at the track today. Care to share?
i have no idea what your talking about
i guess the sun shines on a dogs a$$ every once in a while
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:19 PM   #465
Tech Rookie

Default FK05 4 sale!

well guess ill sell it ran only twice tons hop-ups and spares hows 500 sound email for details,ill throw in servo,and a ran twice 19

tommy

[email protected]
Xtreme RC is offline   Reply With Quote