R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-25-2006, 10:24 PM   #4486
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

T2/MSX: if you wanted to use the car on carpet then you should choose the T2 because there is no front diff available for the MSX...

Guys who owned both cars say T2 is easier to work on and the parts fit and finish is better (less slop). But on asphalt both cars are great.
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:27 PM   #4487
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris08527
quick question

was reading back about the rear toe issue some people had some were saying is was theblocks, others saying the shims were off a little, some say people dont know how to measure toe

i did a search and read many pages to find no real answer
without causing any drama
did we ever find the problem if there was any???

thanks
chris
On mine it is the hub.

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:45 AM   #4488
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Yes there was a problem..

The holes in the chassis were misaligned. They tried to say the problem was in the rear hubs but that was just a lie.

And No X-Ray did not do anything to help out there customers. So the people who pre-ordered there kits like myself got screwed.

I was thinking about buying the BMI Chassis to fix the problem.
I have 2 T2's form the first series. I replaced the rear hub on both cars and the problem is solved. And some deviation on the amount of degrees is enclosed in the design.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:13 AM   #4489
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB
yeah i run a oneway and i already narrowed the track width!! ...sstil push city
try to narrow the track width of the rear too !
Frans H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:34 AM   #4490
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THeGame
TomB try running the kit springs Silver Front, Gold Rear and the kit Xray oil 30wt. Go to the thinnest sway bar front and rear if ya gotumm. If not just run no sway bars. I run my camber links long and in the upper hole in on the front tower. Inner hole on the hub with 2mm shimmed up and long and high on the rear shock tower. Hope this helps...
yep, i was just at the track and a mate tryed a setup from a team driver. it was really really nice, infact if was night and day to my crappy setup. let's just say i learnt a lesson to sometimes just revert back to stock. the body did make a difference but the setup was gold. i will try the team setup from my mate at the next event i am running and post it if it works. this setup had no push, if anything it was alittle too loose ont he rear. it is almost how i like hy car to handle. thanks for the help.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:30 AM   #4491
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdc90
On mine it is the hub.

Mine also.
Twin 1 Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:12 AM   #4492
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Yes there was a problem..

The holes in the chassis were misaligned. They tried to say the problem was in the rear hubs but that was just a lie.

And No X-Ray did not do anything to help out there customers. So the people who pre-ordered there kits like myself got screwed.

I was thinking about buying the BMI Chassis to fix the problem.
I still think there was a problem with Hubs.
I did some measuring and found discrepancies between the two hubs in relation to the hinge pin holes.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:18 PM   #4493
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Racer need help; Racer need rubber tire setup for carpet on tight track....
Old 04-26-2006, 01:48 PM   #4494
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The current problem is in the rear hubs being off, but according to Xray they were all found to be within manufacturing tolerances. From what I read, Xray is taking extra steps to make sure they are correct now, no problems, huh? Basically they know there was a problem, but dont want to send out any freebies to anyone.
I also did read of some first batch run cars having some chassis missalignment problem. Surely, those have been corrected as well by now unless there are some 1st batch cars lying around. For the most part every TC I've owned has had problems to deal with, just hurts when you lighten your wallet almost $400, and have small problems.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:34 PM   #4495
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys. Just wanted to give an update on the tweakplates. They are in and those who ordered already will be shipped out in the morning. I have 8 pieces left out of this batch. Give me an email if you want one. Thanks.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #4496
Tech Regular

Default Pics of Xray Tweak Plate

Here are the pictures again for those who missed it.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW XRAY T2-masters2006-132.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-masters2006-141.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-masters2006-153.jpg  
Old 04-27-2006, 06:05 PM   #4497
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to i_got_m8_4_$85
Default NEWB QUESTION

ive never heard of a tweak plate, how does it work, do you use it when you run, do you just screw it on to the bottom for setup? i dont know??
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:37 PM   #4498
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

That tweak plate is sweet but for the people that run the bmi chassis its not gonna work.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #4499
Tech Regular

Default How it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_got_m8_4_$85
ive never heard of a tweak plate, how does it work, do you use it when you run, do you just screw it on to the bottom for setup? i dont know??
Very easy, you put the chassis on the Tweak Plate and then bolt it down using the 4 standoff screws (thumb screws). You then loosen all the top deck screws and retighten them. The result is a perfectly aligned chassis. No need to break out the blocks to see if the chassis is flat. It makes wrenching a luxury. I have one and I can't see how I will ever go racing without one again. I think he still has some left in the first batch that ran yesterday I think. Email him. ([email protected])

Jared Scott and Eric Anderson from EA have just received theirs. Jared is using his at the LRP race in Germany this week. Ralph Burch and Mike Blackstock are also getting one. You know if they are getting one it's obviously no joke that the plate is money.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #4500
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to i_got_m8_4_$85

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveM3
Very easy, you put the chassis on the Tweak Plate and then bolt it down using the 4 standoff screws (thumb screws). You then loosen all the top deck screws and retighten them. The result is a perfectly aligned chassis. No need to break out the blocks to see if the chassis is flat. It makes wrenching a luxury. I have one and I can't see how I will ever go racing without one again. I think he still has some left in the first batch that ran yesterday I think. Email him. ([email protected])

Jared Scott and Eric Anderson from EA have just received theirs. Jared is using his at the LRP race in Germany this week. Ralph Burch and Mike Blackstock are also getting one. You know if they are getting one it's obviously no joke that the plate is money.
thanks steve
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline   Reply With Quote