R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2005, 07:33 PM   #436
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod M
will the FK05 springs and battrey strap work on the T2 ?
springs should, dunno for sure on the strap
Old 12-01-2005, 07:34 PM   #437
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well, it would appear, after reading a lot of threads, that every car is miserable and ripoff of somebody elses, and there are no new designs, it's all somebody elses.... This is supposed to be a good laugh,

This post is here to support the REAL similarity in all the cars: (they are all on a thread on this forum)

I just did a few, you could do them all if you had the time. These were pulled from their respective threads.

"on the HPI Pro-4"

"...Looks like HPI borrowed Ideas from the .... Barracuda, MR4TC-SD, EVOIII.....ect ect..."

"...The front carriers, front spindles, and rear blocks all look very similar to the associated and losi parts...."

On the Cyclone:
"...The drivetrain reminds me of the Corally Assassin & the carbon/purple brings up HPI. Where's the origionality?..."

"...I still don't see anything NEW or original on that car, not to say it isn't nice or don't go well, but, there doesn't seem to be anything NEW coming along..."

On the Tamiya 415:
"...I don't know what you guys think. But it seem to me that this 415? is a copy from Tech MY02R except that is uses all tamiya parts.

"...It looks like a Corally Assassin. Kind of..."

"...it reminds me of what the last incarnation of the yokomo mr4tc special (belt drive) will be like if they had released aluminium bulkheads as an option..."

"...To me the car looks great, similar to a YM34-Si in layout..."

"On the JRXS"

"...That design looks very much like an OVA Cocoon...."

"...kind of looks like a pro-3 from HPi to me..."

"...It is like the Pro-3 because the diffs are offset way out to the sides, the arms are short, and the CVD's are also short...."

"...This is an ultimate marketing ploy by Team Losi all the Buzz is about this new car..." (sound familiar)

Have a laugh and enjoy.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:34 PM   #438
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod M
will the FK05 springs and battrey strap work on the T2 ?
I know the springs will. Somebody looked it up.
The battery strap I don't think so. The one pictured in the specs looks different. I assume the new chassis was made to hold the larger cells, which may have made strap bigger.
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:37 PM   #439
Tech Elite

I think we've covered the "will this fit" questions. Come on guys its only a few dozen pages. Time for a FAQ.

odawg, read up on the website and the florida forum here
don't forget your 4 warmers, the ears and other bits get cold this time of the year
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:38 PM   #440
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by odawg315
kewdawg i couldnt agree more... do i think its a carbon copy of some other cars...yes, if i was looking to buy a top notch car and didnt already have one would i think of this car...yes, i think, always have thought, that xray is second only to tamiya in there cars. if i wasnt running tamiya id be running xray, but iv had tamiya since i was 12 (21yrs) so ill continue.

but it is nice to see what the MSX would look like in silver instead of blue!!!
Do yourself a favour...never get involved in 1/8..either on or off road... their designs have reached a point where they also for the most part have superficial similarity and shared features

If shared features make a car a carbon copy....if superficial appearance means they are the same....then you must also have fun shopping for a full size car...

Xray is not claiming to be the first to do split bulkheads....and to my knowledge...neither was Tamiya
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:40 PM   #441
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Bob did patric write that for you ?
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:43 PM   #442
Tech Elite

"New"

battery in line
motor in line
inboard shocks

losi is close but we're still waiting for it.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:45 PM   #443
Tech Elite

I just heard that this car is such a good copy, all parts from all previous touring cars will fit it. You want it to be a shaft, TC3, TC4, HPI Pro4, Tamiya Evo drivetrains will all fit. Any belt from any tourer is a direct replacement. You want Batts down the middle, JRXs parts will do the trick. You can even go 3 belt with Street Weapon parts.

I also heard that MIP is coming out with a cable drive conversion kit to make Battery and Electronic layouts very simple. (This is for the old skool offroad guys.)
Old 12-01-2005, 07:47 PM   #444
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
I just heard that this car is such a good copy, all parts from all previous touring cars will fit it. You want it to be a shaft, TC3, TC4, HPI Pro4, Tamiya Evo drivetrains will all fit. Any belt from any tourer is a direct replacement. You want Batts down the middle, JRXs parts will do the trick. You can even go 3 belt with Street Weapon parts.

I also heard that MIP is coming out with a cable drive conversion kit to make Battery and Electronic layouts very simple. (This is for the old skool offroad guys.)
Don't you have some bodies to paint?
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:51 PM   #445
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash

how did you know I was old skool
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:52 PM   #446
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason
"New"

battery in line
motor in line
inboard shocks

losi is close but we're still waiting for it.
Ahhh....Kind of like the PTI car that was floating around a couple years backa nd never surfaced...

battery and motor in line down the center was done by HPI with the Pro-3...but Losi put their motor in front......and is heavily testing a revised chassis with motor in the rear now...

there are only so many ways to potentially lay out an RC car...the general layout is pretty much going to be similar to something else that has already been done...no matter what you do...
Old 12-01-2005, 07:55 PM   #447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKA
Thats a bit harsh, you think?
It wasn't intended to be derogatory. Okay... if, it's an ace of clubs - it's an ace of clubs. Feel better now? No big deal. Its not the first time Xray copied a design and it won't be last(for Xray or any other manufacturer). I'm more concerned about any "first-run" headaches from production and/or packaging flawes. Its great to be one of the 1st to get one, but it sucks when something's wrong with it. Let's keep our fingers crossed, gang.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:02 PM   #448
Tech Elite

What's up with all the negativity??

I'm still running my FK05 as built...and I was in the first batch...heck...didn't even have to upgrade my diff thrust bearings....I didn't loosen the diffs so much that the bearings popped out of the single side cage...

I have my new double cage thrusts sitting here waiting should a rebuild ever be required...although I doubt it...

I decided to go through and rebuild my car after running it heavy for months..and listening to allthe griping aboutthe shocks....but..not a single air bubble in the oil...oil was crystal clear...still rebounding perfectly...

I understandthat there were a couple people that may have had a fastener or small item here or there mis-packaged...but thatcan happen at any point during a production run...

I just don't know where all your negativity is coming from?
Old 12-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #449
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsorguy99
Xray is not claiming to be the first to do split bulkheads....and to my knowledge...neither was Tamiya
Actually...I think is was Tamiya. The TA01 is what most people consider the first real touring car and it has split bulkheads.

The first modern racing sedans to hit the market in late 1995 were the Schumacher SST 2000, HPI RS4 and the Yokomo YR-4. The Schu and the Yok had split bulkheads.

Last edited by AdrianM; 12-01-2005 at 08:16 PM.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:21 PM   #450
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

For those who think this car is a 'copy' of anything, you need to go through the flash presentation on XRAY's site. There are features on this car that have never been on any others.
Two-speed is offline   Reply With Quote