R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-25-2006, 02:28 PM   #4471
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveM3
I had the opportunity to demo one of the first Tweak Plates from Art Jensen (manufactured by BMI) this weekend at Superior Hobbies. Let me just tell you that this is a piece of rc luxury. It saved me a lot of time and hassle because I didnít have to use the droop blocks to square everything up. Jared Scott also used the Tweak Plate all weekend before every run to make sure the chassis was perfectly flush with the bulkheads. He will be taking it to Germany next week.

Art told me that several have ordered their tweak plate already. There are 20 plates being run tomorrow night and should be released very soon. Mike Blackstock and Ralph Burch will also be receiving one. Several notable Xray drivers came by the trailer to borrow the tweak plate including Dave Bowser and Mr. EA (Eric Anderson) himself. I guarantee they will be ordering one. Chris Tossolini, (Corally RDX) showed a lot of interest so I believe Art will be looking into making a plate for the RDX. The cool looking standoffs that hold the chassis to the plate are made from nickel plated brass and have stainless steel grip screws on top. I believe they are going to be sold separately.

Art, this are the fact I remember from the race but what other info do you have. I know it is early but how can people order the Tweak Plate and what is the final price????

Thanks Steve. The price is 99.99 plus shipping. I will ship anywhere. The optional nickel plated thumb screws are 30.00. The plates will come with a standard thumbscrew set. I am working on a website right now. Until it is up and running, you can contact me at [email protected] for orders. My company name is IRP. I have 20 units being made now and most of them are spoken for. I am still taking orders and the next batch will start next week. Thanks for all the support guys. Art
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:52 PM   #4472
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

I used one of Art's plates this past weekend...It makes tweaking the car fool proof!! Its super easy to use and works awesome.

I hope you dont make these for other cars!! Then the competition will be saving as much time as the Xray guys!! LOL

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:54 PM   #4473
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I used one of Art's plates this past weekend...It makes tweaking the car fool proof!! Its super easy to use and works awesome.

I hope you dont make these for other cars!! Then the competition will be saving as much time as the Xray guys!! LOL

EA
I guess other cars dont need it! just kidding, Hey Art give me a call!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:14 PM   #4474
Tech Regular

Hello, I have owned a Xray T1evo2 FOC and a Xray FK'05. For my next car I am undecided between the T2 and The Tamiya TRF415 MSX. For the owners of a T2 : What do you like about the T2 over the 415 MSX?

Thx
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:19 PM   #4475
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
Hello, I have owned a Xray T1evo2 FOC and a Xray FK'05. For my next car I am undecided between the T2 and The Tamiya TRF415 MSX. For the owners of a T2 : What do you like about the T2 over the 415 MSX?

Thx
I don't know the TRF415. I know what I like about the T2. The ease of maintenance, The load of setup possibilities, the quality, on-line setup sheets, on-line support form the team drivers etc. Maybe I'm the wrong guy to answer this question
Old 04-25-2006, 04:38 PM   #4476
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joep
I don't know the TRF415. I know what I like about the T2. The ease of maintenance, The load of setup possibilities, the quality, on-line setup sheets, on-line support form the team drivers etc. Maybe I'm the wrong guy to answer this question
makes the car the best tc to own
really agree with the ease of maintinence...diffs come out sooooo easy

< thats what the people with other cars are thinking
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:47 PM   #4477
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joep
MOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:05 PM   #4478
Tech Regular

easily removed diffs is on both models, actually Xray copied Tamiya MSX on that feature.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:29 PM   #4479
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I guess other cars dont need it! just kidding, Hey Art give me a call!
OUCH Bro!! Easy!!
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:24 PM   #4480
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
easily removed diffs is on both models, actually Xray copied Tamiya MSX on that feature.
i kno...but who cares it is till a great car... and so is the msx
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:37 PM   #4481
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frans H
@TomB: try running a spool or one way !! and 4 degrees caster. If you need more steering, make the front trackwidth smaller by removing the spacers between the bulkheads and pinholders.
yeah i run a oneway and i already narrowed the track width!! ...sstil push city
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:07 PM   #4482
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

quick question

was reading back about the rear toe issue some people had some were saying is was theblocks, others saying the shims were off a little, some say people dont know how to measure toe

i did a search and read many pages to find no real answer
without causing any drama
did we ever find the problem if there was any???

thanks
chris
Old 04-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #4483
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris08527
quick question

was reading back about the rear toe issue some people had some were saying is was theblocks, others saying the shims were off a little, some say people dont know how to measure toe

i did a search and read many pages to find no real answer
without causing any drama
did we ever find the problem if there was any???

thanks
chris

Yes there was a problem..

The holes in the chassis were misaligned. They tried to say the problem was in the rear hubs but that was just a lie.

And No X-Ray did not do anything to help out there customers. So the people who pre-ordered there kits like myself got screwed.

I was thinking about buying the BMI Chassis to fix the problem.
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:35 PM   #4484
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys,
I will be getting a t2 for the Australian nats in november what parts do you guys break alot or hop ups that are a must.
Also what are the things you like about the xray t2 and the things you dnt like about it.Does the t2 run pretty well with a gtb brushless system because that what i will be using in it and whats a good digital servo thats fast to go with my new t2

thank
jamie
jamie814340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:12 PM   #4485
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB
i think 2 foamies are about $10 us? so for a set they are $20 us. this is a rough guess from what i saw on stormers. if you have no use for them sell them. foam after about 6 months or so goes of anyway and gets hard.

on another note, i have a t2 that does nothing but push on corner exit.
i have the following setup
FRONT
-kit silver springs 30wt GS oil 2 holes open
-4.5mm ride height
-droop small amount of lift, but not alot
-shock pos outside hole on arm, 2nd from bottom on tower
-lowest roll centre
-camber link lowerhole outer
-caster 2 degrees (ive tryed 6 but really doesn't do much, if anything it was worse with 6)

REAR
red springs, 30 wt gs oil 3 holes open
-5mm ride height
-shock outside on arm top hole on tower
-camber link lower hole outer
-rear arms angled forward
-stiffest swaybar

36 sorex medium b all round

no matter what i do it pushes on exit when i go on the power. if i tighten the diff it becomes hard to drive (small track) and it turns in bad

how can i get rid of exit push? as last resort o have taken out 4 screws on the top deck and the front posts to try to instigate more grip, but this seems like a pritty bodgy method if you ask me. my rear end is supper stiff yet is still feels crap on exit

TomB try running the kit springs Silver Front, Gold Rear and the kit Xray oil 30wt. Go to the thinnest sway bar front and rear if ya gotumm. If not just run no sway bars. I run my camber links long and in the upper hole in on the front tower. Inner hole on the hub with 2mm shimmed up and long and high on the rear shock tower. Hope this helps...