Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by outlandr91
Hey Guys,
I heard that production of Art's chassis squaring fixture will begin this Wednesday and Thursday and he wil be shipping them soon after that! Goodbye twaeked chassis

Is there a website or someplace I can check these out or see them?
Old 04-15-2006, 09:24 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Did anyone else not go with the adjustable dampers and install the "fixed" dampers? I installed the adjustables, but didnt like them (couldnt get them to constantly change). Its like they would hop or miss a click. Without the oil, it was alittle easier to tell, but once I oiled up the shocks, couldnt work it out.
I tried the adjustables but didn't like it. I'm used to, and like the standard pistons. For carpet, the 3 hole piston with the factory 35wt oil seems to be the ticket just like the factory rubber setup.

On another note, earlier we were going off on the car tweaking. After having ran the car for 12 heats I am too finding it to be kind of tweak prone, and not just from collision but from stuff I would consider minor pipe taps. I still think it is a non-issue, and I love the car, but I would still consider it a bit more tweak prone then most of the cars I've ran. I'll be getting a adding a solid topdeck to the car soon.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Suspended

You dont need to go with a solid top deck. Just counter sink the stock one and never worry about it again.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
You dont need to go with a solid top deck. Just counter sink the stock one and never worry about it again.
After reading the tips of a few people, I went out and purchased some countersunk washers.

Now, do I use the same screws (not sure what the sizes are) or do I now have to install a longer set?
Old 04-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
After reading the tips of a few people, I went out and purchased some countersunk washers.

Now, do I use the same screws (not sure what the sizes are) or do I now have to install a longer set?
Mike use appropriate countersunk screws, and just use any length really just as long as it is same or longer than standard (with the washer installed) and it isn't tooo long. the only ones you have to be carful of are the scres right att he front top deck section. if these are too long and protrude past the baulkhead underneath the steering bell hits the screws.

i used slightly longer screws than standard. more thread to grab, and less chance of tweak
Old 04-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi

3mmx8mm countersink screws for the top plate is what you need.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:27 AM
Suspended

I didnt mean to use washers although it might work. I meant for you to actually counter sink into the carbon fiber.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
I didnt mean to use washers although it might work. I meant for you to actually counter sink into the carbon fiber.
If you want to run countersunk top plate, your best bet is to just buy one from BMI. If you are off just a little on one hole countersinking your own top plate, it will wrinkle up the car. unless you are using a good drill press and locating and clamping the top plate to the press, the top plate will drift while cutting the countersinks into the holes.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

The only thing I found with using washers is that they worked to good
I got hit real hard in one of my qualifiers and the washers held the tweak. It's a good temporary solution, but like mentioned above just properly countersink your deck or go all out and get a BMI chasis.
I also use longer screws where it won't interfere with either the bellcrank or installing the battery,this to will help.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

What base gearing would people run on a T2 indoor on carpet with a 27T? Fairly tight track. Really struggled last night to get the gearing low enough and the motor was cooking at the end of the run.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

is there any way i can buy a new set of t2 screws..i just strip mine...do some aftermarket company make a titanium screws?
Old 04-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go to RCSCREWZ.com. The have stainless steel screws for a good price. Good Luck.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Considering a new car... can anyone tell me if there are any issues with the T2,

What body works best with the car?
What optional parts are needed for tuning?
What spare parts are needed for breakages (just in case)?

I'm running on rubber/ashaplt/modified....
Old 04-17-2006, 04:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi, I want solve the rear toe issue. Which part need to replace? Rear hub or rear upright? Or just use a shim? Thanks.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Draper
What base gearing would people run on a T2 indoor on carpet with a 27T? Fairly tight track. Really struggled last night to get the gearing low enough and the motor was cooking at the end of the run.
Using a br00d tuned monster stock:
84spur / 19t pinion for 7.5 overall.

very tight indoor carpet track, with mainly hairpins on rubber tyres.

James

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.