R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2006, 01:06 AM   #4336
Tech Master
 
pinggoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WBP Florida
Posts: 1,263
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy
Default

TWEAK IS COMMON TO ALL DOUBLE DECK CHASSIS .ITS JUST THE MATTER OF HOW YOU BUILD IT..CRASHING A REAL CAR COMPAIRED TO RC CAR IS 1/90 DIFFERENCE. CONSIDER ITS A 1/10 SCALE AND A PLASTIC BODY.
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:42 AM   #4337
Tech Adept
 
Cgracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Escondido CA USA
Posts: 101
Default

Two fellow racers bought T2,s and after crashes they are holding up really well, hardly changin the seetings at all. so I am buliding one too.of course we upgraded from tc3 which if you set the car down on the track it changed.
__________________
Trac Barrier Tester at a trac near you
Daryl Escondido
Cgracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:57 AM   #4338
Tech Regular
 
Joep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 360
Default

Somebody should open a tweak-thread
__________________
Xray T3 for dry and Xray T2'009 for rainy weather. Sponsored by: Myself and my wife.
Joep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:19 AM   #4339
Tech Addict
 
ICEMAN's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 730
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

a T2 tweak thread, that may be pushing it a little
__________________
Blizzard Concepts / Team Losi / Team ProMatch / Team MuchMore / The SPEED Shop / Ko Propo USA / AVID RC / BigDog Graphics / Nitro R/C Chop Shop /

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #4340
Tech Master
 
pinggoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WBP Florida
Posts: 1,263
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy
Default

i just notice that on ebay alot of t2 are being auction or sold, just wondering ..for me its the best car.(at present)..

yup mybe tweak thread just for t2.
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #4341
Tech Elite
 
killingtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,658
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joep
If you don't want any tweak, start racing with a Tank

Come on guys, tweak after a crash is normal. Ever seen Michal Schumacher crashing into another car / wall and not having to rebuild the whole car?
Amen to that! "BooHoo, I can't hit the boards at the end of the straight without my car tweaking."
__________________
Mike Webb

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #4342
Tech Regular
 
chicmagnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 317
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

may car spins too much! can somebody pls help with this?? im running on an asphalt with low traction. do i have to stiffen the chasis or soften it?? tnx!!
__________________
STRAIGHT LTD.
chicmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:45 AM   #4343
Tech Fanatic
 
HRCRACER123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joep
If you don't want any tweak, start racing with a Tank

Come on guys, tweak after a crash is normal. Ever seen Michal Schumacher crashing into another car / wall and not having to rebuild the whole car?
Talk about a tank. My FK'05 NEVER Tweaked and that car has seen its fair share of major collisions.

For the people who say their T2's dont tweak. Probubly arent checking it right. Place the vehicle on a flat surface and place Hudy Blocks under the chassis. One in the front about even with the cvd's and one in the back in the same place and then press down on the front left shock tower and the rear right shock tower. Then watch it go teeter totter.

Some people just throw it on a tweak station and adjust the diffrence with the spring tension and say it is fine. When it actuality the chassis is tweaked as hell.
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #4344
Tech Elite
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW
Yes... BMI. Nuff said.


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #4345
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In response to this.... I did several cartwheels and flips (with a double twist) off of the track and into a brick wall this weekend. Followed that up by catching the end of the sweeper and drilling the wall. No tweak whatsoever. The BMI chassis kit is AWESOME!!!!
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #4346
Tech Rookie
 
Hobby Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin
In response to this.... I did several cartwheels and flips (with a double twist) off of the track and into a brick wall this weekend. Followed that up by catching the end of the sweeper and drilling the wall. No tweak whatsoever. The BMI chassis kit is AWESOME!!!!
you forgot to mention you still breaking caster b/ steer knuckel
Hobby Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #4347
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby Boy
you forgot to mention you still breaking caster b/ steer knuckel
That was last week. Thanks for reminding me.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #4348
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Talk about a tank. My FK'05 NEVER Tweaked and that car has seen its fair share of major collisions.

For the people who say their T2's dont tweak. Probubly arent checking it right. Place the vehicle on a flat surface and place Hudy Blocks under the chassis. One in the front about even with the cvd's and one in the back in the same place and then press down on the front left shock tower and the rear right shock tower. Then watch it go teeter totter.

Some people just throw it on a tweak station and adjust the diffrence with the spring tension and say it is fine. When it actuality the chassis is tweaked as hell.
Speak for yourself

I think I have a pretty, good idea how to check my car for problems Maybe the people that tweak their cars don't know how to tighten a top deck down or don't know how to drive? It goes BOTH ways bud.

P.S. flame away if you can't take a joke.
__________________
Geoff C.
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #4349
Tech Fanatic
 
Nexus Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dave, you have voicemail .
__________________
NEXUSRACING.com
Nexus Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #4350
Tech Fanatic
 
HRCRACER123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
Speak for yourself

I think I have a pretty, good idea how to check my car for problems Maybe the people that tweak their cars don't know how to tighten a top deck down or don't know how to drive? It goes BOTH ways bud.

P.S. flame away if you can't take a joke.
Its all good. I just wanted to make sure people were checking their cars for tweak the right way..

And I do make sure my top deck is on tight. Its just funny that as soon as I switch top decks with a team pickles one the problem goes away... Hmmmmmmm...I wonder what that means..
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:39 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net