R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #3901
Tech Adept

from what I've heard only the belts and diffs will cross
because what's better than having to buy a $55 diff when a caster block breaks Look on the bright side the T2 parts should be in stock by the arrival of the T4
Andy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #3902
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have to agree with the the majority... my car is run with foam tires on carpet... so far 1 broken rear shock tower..... no tweaking of any kind... stock chassis with Stiff Pickle top deck... rear toe issue? don't know, never measured and cant tell on the track. The car is fast and easy to work on... just won the A at the final Hurricane Series race at Trackside yesterday. I have no complaints with the car other than the spare parts issues that I hear from team drivers should just about be over I loved my 05 but I feel my T2 is better
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #3903
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C
from what I've heard only the belts and diffs will cross
because what's better than having to buy a $55 diff when a caster block breaks Look on the bright side the T2 parts should be in stock by the arrival of the T4
lol, I dont know, alot of '04 parts still stay out of stock in alot of places lol.
new92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:20 PM   #3904
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
maybe they have a list of cross reference for parts that will go over from T2 to the T3. i want to see it so i'll only buy parts that will go over to T3
The chassis and rear hubs will work on the T3. And it comes with extra spacers.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #3905
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what about the foam bumper and the plastic body retainers?
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #3906
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What spur do most of you all run? 48 or 64?

What do most of you run for pinion with your spur? Just wanted to see what everyone was running or thought was best.

thanks,
scott
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #3907
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw
What spur do most of you all run? 48 or 64?

What do most of you run for pinion with your spur? Just wanted to see what everyone was running or thought was best.

thanks,
scott

I am using a PRS 116T 64P. Fits perfect.
jland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #3908
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The JWerks spur also fits perfectly. You can find them at www.allspeedhobbies.com
Old 03-13-2006, 03:03 PM   #3909
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Kimbrough 116T 64 pitch
Old 03-13-2006, 03:20 PM   #3910
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joep
I must say I follow this forum from day 1 that the rumours started to spread about the FK'06 later T2
It's a pitty that the forum is dominated by negative vibes about fairly normal or non-existing or one-off issues.

TOE-IN
I got 2x a series 1 T2 and yes both have a toe-in tolerance, but not stopping me from setting good times. And as stated the T1 FOC, FK'04 and the FK'05 have this tolerance too. The tolerance causing the toe-in difference is located in the holes in the upright holding the lower pivot. During assembly most people (me2) make those holes a little bigger to loosing the movement of the upright. But even if you don't do that, the play in all pivots, production tolerances of the parts and accuracy of the setup system will lead to toe-in differences.

The last run with the T2 I used the new ALU uprights from xray and yes the play / toe-in diff was less left to right. But that is very logic because ALU is allways more precise to manufacture than composite.

TWEAK
I ran last year the EVO2 / FK'04 and FK'05 and I can say they all had tweak, caused by rough contact or even by running a few times over curbstones in full speed. That's why I always recheck my car's setup ..... if I have the time

BREAKING PARTS
We all want a very direct reacting good steering car. To get that we want the materials to be as hard as possible. So ALU is 'better' than 'composite'. But ALU is more expensive and it can bend giving irreversable changes to the setup. So we want HARD unbreakable COMPOSITE and we want the CHEAPEST part to break in case of a crash. And that's exactly how the T2 is designed. Xray uses HARD composite material and in case of a crash the upright / arm / caster block break. Great! I hope it's not a discussion that I (we?) prefer that over a broken bulkhead. And yes if the crash is harder or under a specific angle you will break a shock tower.

I ran the T2 outdoor two times over the last weeks in cold conditions (-6 degrees C / 21 degrees F) and had some smaller crashes and had no tweak, breakage or any other real issue. The only issue was me making mistakes and learning to drive.

If you have a real issue with a Xray products mail to [email protected] (I did a few times and had very quick answers).

I'm going to have season full of fun with my T2 and I hope more and more people start driving the car and share their findings here.

My opinion is clear: The T2 is a good positive next step in the evolution started with the T1 a few years ago. I hope this evolutions will go on!

Greetings,

Joep
it's a great car! I would just like to get the parts I want. Like aluminum shock bodies, steel diffs and to be able to buy them separetly.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:52 PM   #3911
Tech Regular

[B]Does anyone know where I can find at least a few of the aluminum option components (i.e.: steering blocks, C-Hubs, rear up-rights). It seems that RC America is telling my LHS that those components haven't made it to the states yet. Tamale is backed up. Does anyone know of someone or have some of these things on a shelf? [/B

Ooh yeah, the car's great...few minor things to look out for, tweaks etc.
Considering the short amount of time the cars been out and the sheer number of people gravitating to it and finishing well, I'd say other than a parts availability issue...all's well. (Remember the Corally guys fought over parts for quite awhile too.)
TC Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #3912
Tech Adept

Just wait for team tamale... great products but cant keep up with the demand at the moment... If you really need it try www.viol-model-racing.de I think they will ship overseas...
hugovdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #3913
Tech Regular

Thanks,
Unfortunately their a bit behind due to demand, I'd be at the end of the list and waiting quite awhile. It's not like it's that big a deal, just a few bigger races I'm going to I'd rather not take the chance. Or...just don't hit [email protected]#t. I love the car though .
TC Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #3914
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Guy
Thanks,
Unfortunately their a bit behind due to demand, I'd be at the end of the list and waiting quite awhile. It's not like it's that big a deal, just a few bigger races I'm going to I'd rather not take the chance. Or...just don't hit [email protected]#t. I love the car though .
xray also should be out with there stuff soon
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:42 PM   #3915
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Guy
[B]Does anyone know where I can find at least a few of the aluminum option components (i.e.: steering blocks, C-Hubs, rear up-rights). It seems that RC America is telling my LHS that those components haven't made it to the states yet. Tamale is backed up. Does anyone know of someone or have some of these things on a shelf? [/B

Ooh yeah, the car's great...few minor things to look out for, tweaks etc.
Considering the short amount of time the cars been out and the sheer number of people gravitating to it and finishing well, I'd say other than a parts availability issue...all's well. (Remember the Corally guys fought over parts for quite awhile too.)
I call RCAmerica a couple a days ago I was told that they recieved 2 and 6 hubs, sway bars and 2 degree rear aluminum hubs
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote