R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #3841
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforer
I don't think you would want the motor brace. All the motor brace does is transfer energy from the impact into your much more expensive chassis against the end grain of the CF likely causing delamination. Where as if you break an endbell who cares.
Tru Dat.
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #3842
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

Does the Pickle top deck come pre-sanded down and glued/protected chassis edges? How about the BMI?
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #3843
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Neither one of those kits come pre-glued. The Pickles chassis holes are slightly smaller than the screw diamater so that you almost have to "tap" the chassis with the screw. Theory behind this is that it will lock down the bulkheads and top deck so that there is no tweaking.

BMI chassis kit comes with chassis, top deck and shock towers. Another high quality product from them. Battery slots come beveled and the 3mm chassis is pocketed so that the thicker chassis does not affect roll center positions.

Any chassis you buy requires some "prep" work. i.e Sanding and gluing. However, I must say that the BMI chassis is the best prepped chassis and accessories out of the package.

Hope this helps.

Butter
Old 03-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #3844
Tech Adept

Angry x ray sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp
So be it then.

I'd just like everyone to use the same thread if at all possible.
hey guys the x ray car t2 is ok but ,A WARNING ABOUT X RAY SITE,i was on that site their a bunch of asses that run that site ,they will not allow free speach . say another car name they will remove it. also in a race all the cars are x ray then they brag about winning the race . final results from races only x ray names are listed . dont even talk about hpi vs xray thell shut you down in a heart beat . teamgp is the biggest ass of them all . removed all my post about the car. yea got to their site soo they can control the talk ,thats all they want to do.if the car has a defect / post will be deleted .
LORD SHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:37 PM   #3845
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
hey guys the x ray car t2 is ok but ,A WARNING ABOUT X RAY SITE,i was on that site their a bunch of asses that run that site......
I really totally disagree.
I'm absolutly impressed by the car, the site and the forum. To have such a direct contact with the drivers and the family Hudy is great! The Xray forum and the moderators are ok. And yes, I can imagine that Xray doesn't want comparisons with other cars or remarks about the car which are maybe harming their brandname. I would guard it too if I was in their positions. That's why it is good that we have R/C Tech. This is the place to post all remarks you want.
I entered the R/C 1,5 year ago and because of the great support I got from Xray (especially on the Forum) I've been able to learn very very quickly.

Greetings,

Joep
Old 03-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #3846
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Well he has a point on the policy at XRAY forum. No other manufacturer's name is allowed My post was also deleted becuase I mentioned TAMIYA shocks

But it's theirs and they set rules, if we want to participate there we have to obey them.

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #3847
Tech Regular

As has been said time and again there is no policy against raising issues with XRay products on the forums at the XRay websites. What has also been pointed out more than once is that in all cases posts must be respectfull. It has also been pointed out that if you have an issue with your car or parts availability the best and fastest way to get support is by going to your LHS, your distributor or, if that fails contact XRay directly through [email protected] or [email protected].

As to mentioning other brands products, there are two reasons why Mario decided to not allow that any more. First, and the most important of the two reasons, is that in the past many posts were made bashing other manufactors products. While XRay firmly believes in its own products we are well aware that there are many other manufacturors out there that have excellent products too. Since the XRay forum is a factory owned forum any derogatory remarks about competitors products will reflect badly on XRay which kind of defeats the purpose of the forum from XRay's perspective. The other reason is that XRay is in the business of selling XRay products, not competitors products.

The XRay forum is intended to allow XRay customers to discuss their products and get help from the rest of the forum community. Unfortunately the latter is compromised to some extent because for some reason there allways have to be some people on a forum that seem unable to keep things respectfull and helpfull. Since unclear rules only lead to discussions the rule has been made very simple: discuss only XRay products.

I would prefer it differently, but in today's internet world there apparantly is no other way.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #3848
Tech Adept

I just purchased a used T2 a few weeks ago, car is awsome but my LHS is out of parts. They do have a few bumpers and belts, but no castor blocks or steering blocks. I have broken my right steering block and now have no way to race. When will see parts support in the US. One of the owners of our LHS said they have tried to order parts but they are on a waiting list. Other than that this car is great!!!!
Din Viesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:18 PM   #3849
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din Viesel
I just purchased a used T2 a few weeks ago, car is awsome but my LHS is out of parts. They do have a few bumpers and belts, but no castor blocks or steering blocks. I have broken my right steering block and now have no way to race. When will see parts support in the US. One of the owners of our LHS said they have tried to order parts but they are on a waiting list. Other than that this car is great!!!!

glad ur happy wit it, but this car is way more fragile then the fk05
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #3850
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro321
glad ur happy wit it, but this car is way more fragile then the fk05
I find that the castor blocks and steering blocks are the only weak point as of now! I have not broke anything else yet I have not really hit anything hard as merely clipping the corner dots, so yes I guess I would say thats kind of soft. But this is the first X-ray product I have ran.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:27 PM   #3851
Tech Master

Quote:
I find that the castor blocks and steering blocks are the only weak point as of now! I have not broke anything else yet I have not really hit anything hard as merely clipping the corner dots, so yes I guess I would say thats kind of soft. But this is the first X-ray product I have ran.
i cracked a chasis but not nething else
Old 03-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #3852
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro321
i cracked a chasis but not nething else
I run alot of carpet and think the multi flex chasis is a great idea but I want to know if the factory guys are running it or an after market one. This chasis will be great for out doors asphalt .I have to un-screw the top plate after/before each run to be on the safe side for tweak.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #3853
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I need some help from you guys. I posted this also in the Wanted to Buy area as well, but knowing that not everyone browses that area regularly I'll go ahead and do it here too. I need a T2 rear shock tower, Orig. Xray, BMI, whatever, I have paypal ready to go and I need it by the 17th. So please, let me know ASAP. PM me or [email protected]. Thanks guys.
-Zane
Zaner24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #3854
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaner24
I need some help from you guys. I posted this also in the Wanted to Buy area as well, but knowing that not everyone browses that area regularly I'll go ahead and do it here too. I need a T2 rear shock tower, Orig. Xray, BMI, whatever, I have paypal ready to go and I need it by the 17th. So please, let me know ASAP. PM me or [email protected]. Thanks guys.
-Zane
You might want to contact Jason @ BMI Racing. I'm sure he can help you out.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #3855
Tech Master

Quote:
I run alot of carpet and think the multi flex chasis is a great idea but I want to know if the factory guys are running it or an after market one. This chasis will be great for out doors asphalt .I have to un-screw the top plate after/before each run to be on the safe side for tweak.
no factory guy runs the aftermarket chasis