R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-06-2006, 11:10 PM   #3736
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I found a picture on Xrays sight. The short one are 308316.
PhatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:28 AM   #3737
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

I am not sure if this will work for you guys but I saw it and first thought was Xray...

http://www.stellamodels.net/catalog/...oducts_id=2119
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:38 AM   #3738
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I FINALLY got my T2 together. Yanno, i kinda like it... well... except for the whole belt thing. When being compared to an AE FT4, the T2 has the effect of an industrial kitchen utensil... my FT looks like a plastic spork used for picnics.

Has anyone seen any mention of different suspension mounting "blocks" that have less rollcenter change coming out?? The stock amount is quite a bit.
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #3739
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Try to find an old evo2 or fk04 battery strap
Or if you want to do something similar, get another bulkhead brace (like the one right in front of the top motor mounting hole) and find some way to put it between the rear arm mounts.

But bracing like this is not needed because the bulkheads are braced by the chassis and again by the shock tower...
Old 03-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #3740
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW
I FINALLY got my T2 together. Yanno, i kinda like it... well... except for the whole belt thing. When being compared to an AE FT4, the T2 has the effect of an industrial kitchen utensil... my FT looks like a plastic spork used for picnics.

Has anyone seen any mention of different suspension mounting "blocks" that have less rollcenter change coming out?? The stock amount is quite a bit.
People, and I. Usually shim them out to 3mm
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:45 AM   #3741
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Barch
People, and I. Usually shim them out to 3mm
He's talking about the lower rollcenter/pin holders and having some splits between -.75mm 0mm +.75mm, which wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #3742
Tech Elite

Yeah. .75 is a substantial amount of change. I know it could be easy to dial yourself "out" to have them in so many amounts, but i would like to see them in .15-.20 increments. Its a piece of plastic, how much could it be to actually make them as a tuning option? Maybe an aluminum piece with eccentric plastic inserts (bushings) that could be flipped up and down for the same change +/- above 0. Like -15 could be +15, -30 could be +30, and so on. It could really be helpful to find just the right amount of roll F/R as tire size changes (say -15 for 57mm tires and -30 for 56mm tires to maintain static roll/camber change in relation to tire size), and caster/anti-dive up front w/o having to own 5 sets of aluminum caster blocks... and selling your firstborn to do so. As easy as it is to swap those parts on the T2, i think it would be a sweet idea, and one that could really open up the tunability of this car. It could actually save the average racer some bucks on tires, keeping them from having to chew them down to a workable size from week to week. My second suggestion would be to ditch the eccentric mount on the tower (as cool of an idea as it is), and extend the aluminum tower mount sides to accomodate vertical "ballstud" adjustments, just like on the outer hubs. There is plenty of room here to do so, and there would be less chance of breaking a shock tower in this location. .5 mm increments or less would do a world of good here on the car, the current adjustments are very big, and almost out of compensation with outer hub adjustments (w/o running the risk of hitting the rim with the screw) and lower roll center adjustments. With the way the car is designed now, it could be hard to get a specific tire size to work with a given amount of traction, and achieve proper rollout w/o having to make a "well this will have to do" decision. Dunno, just my opinions.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:09 AM   #3743
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Drive your new T2 first then post what you would like to see different.

Last edited by ottoman; 03-07-2006 at 11:22 AM.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #3744
Tech Elite

This is true, the stock settings are competent. Just as a butter knife can be a multipurpose tool, it is best used for spreading butter, and the average Joe has no issues learning how to use one. Xray does a great job explaining setup and adjustments in their included information with the kit... so having the extra tunability would only be a benefit to make even the average racer faster, with that same explanation given. Hey, if were gonna build the best TC, then why hold back for the T3??
Old 03-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #3745
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The average racer will get faster by working on his driving more than a in between roll center position will. If the team drivers think they need more adjustments I bet XRay will give them more. I for one, am very happy with the car so far. Of course there will be improvements made... I was merely saying that you should drive and work with the car before you suggest changes
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #3746
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wow Dave, sounds like you want a Tamiya 415MSX, but then you have to sell your first born to buy all the diff suspension blocks.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #3747
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Shouldn't you be working Srocco? LMAO!!! RC Merka Sralf!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #3748
Tech Elite

Do any of the P-Dub bumpers fit the T2? If not, then what other companies make durable bumpers for the T2?
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #3749
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

P-Dub does make a bumper for the T2.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #3750
Tech Adept

Chad - P-Dub makes a bumper for the t2. I don't remeber the wed address.

Lee