R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-04-2006, 10:46 AM   #3691
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

if the bulkheads are mounted straight and perpendicular to the chassis and your hubs are right,you will have your rear toe be very close to dead even.even with the stock chassis it is.i just found it more difficult to get right with the button head screws.if you have a caliper,check the bulkheads to make sure they are parallel to eachother front and rear.if they are not,tighten and retighten the screws until they square up.this is what i found worked on the kit i have here.i am not a spokesperson for xray nor do i have any connection with them.i am simply offering suggestions and my findings with the kit i have.for all i know each one could be different.hope this helps.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #3692
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCrew
I think there is currently a company producing aluminum rear hubs that are 2 degrees.

I will be bringing out adjustable aluminum rear hubs in the very near future.

I may also bring out adjustable camber front c-hubs as well. But the rear hubs will be first.

adjustable camber?or castor?
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #3693
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jo, use the Associated springs. They work fine. Purple front & copper rear to start. R.W.
Rick Worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:03 PM   #3694
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Worth
Jo, use the Associated springs. They work fine. Purple front & copper rear to start. R.W.
actually the accociated springs do not work fine they are one coil to big and will throw of your ride height, droop etc, if you dont want to go that route you could always use the tamiya shortie springs for the mini cooper, i think those would work because of the 4 mm difference in the shock shafts
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #3695
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
adjustable camber?or castor?
Adjustable Castor. Sorry about that.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #3696
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Quote:
my Associated springs work fine
Old 03-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #3697
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro321
actually the accociated springs do not work fine they are one coil to big and will throw of your ride height, droop etc, if you dont want to go that route you could always use the tamiya shortie springs for the mini cooper, i think those would work because of the 4 mm difference in the shock shafts
All you have to do is adjust the spring/shock collars to get the correct ride height. It should have no effect on droop. Droop is simply a relationship between ride height and how far the arms drop. I switch back and forth between Associated and X-Ray by adjusting the shock collars.
OldNSlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:16 PM   #3698
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro321
Actually, they do work fine. They measure less than .5 mm difference in width & are both 25mm in length. It is no different than changing spring rates within the same brand. You have to readjust the ride height a hair then too. What does droop have to do with springs anyway? Whenever you change any spring (or tire size) you need to readjust the ride height & droop & check tweak.
Rick Worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #3699
Tech Master

Quote:
Actually, they do work fine. They measure less than .5 mm difference in width & are both 25mm in length. It is no different than changing spring rates within the same brand. You have to readjust the ride height a hair then too. What does droop have to do with springs anyway? Whenever you change any spring (or tire size) you need to readjust the ride height & droop & check tweak.
i have tried it bacuase i just transfered the springs from my fk05 onto my t2...i checked between the t2 springs and the new springs and there were very different, i even used my freinds t2 as a control
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:38 PM   #3700
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thanks for the tips guys

i would rather stay with xray stuff now. their springs is meant for their car. i just got rid of my tc4. when i had the nitro tc3(years back when it came out), i didn't have a very good experience with it (associated) also. i remember a race buddy of mine who had a digital spring tension measuring tool. i had 4 brand new yellow associated springs and 2 of them matches closely and the other two were rated the same as red springs! very inconsistent. now i don't know (yet) how consistent the xray stuff is. but basing it with the superior quality and workmanship of xray and hudy brands, i'm very confident that they are consistent. so i'll stay xray

anyways, do you guys know where to get the spring set for the T2? or do they even sell it that way or i'm stuck to buying by pairs?

thanks in advance
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:04 PM   #3701
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

Any XRAY spring set will work fine.

Anyways, the car ran good last night guys. I took like 5th because last minute of the race a brush got hung up and shut my motor down... I did't change the oil, I talked to Bobby, and he said it should't be the oil, and I also said I was sorry about saying he did't know what he was talking about on my droop (somewhere on this forum). Anyways, I got my car setup pretty good, my tires are un-even so the droop is not equal when u do it by hand, but when you put it on the balancing tool it is equal all around, well Tweak that is. The white springs in rear with voliet up front seem to work well, and its good.
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #3702
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

arent the 05 and the t2 springs the same???
Old 03-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #3703
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

I think so. I know Im running some Xray springs that my buddy gave me, that are from his 05 and he used on his 04 too...
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:06 PM   #3704
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how many pounds are the springs that come with the T2?
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #3705
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman
how many pounds are the springs that come with the T2?
Already answered earlier in the thread:
The gold springs <=> #308384 - Spring-Set D=1.5 (15 LB) Blue-Green
The silver springs <=> #308385 Spring-Set D=1.6 (20 LB) Light-Blue