R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #3586
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
Xray has infact posted regarding the tolerances on SOME of the rear hubs as having been off. They were in the process of correcting the issue and producing corrected hubs.
Butter,

The only post I could find says they are "investigating" a solution to the problem to be incoporated into future production batches. That post is also over a month old.

Again, I'm just curious if a real problem has been found and a real solution is in the works.
stumper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:48 PM   #3587
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hi, just got done getting it together, awesome build. Just 1 ? on tools. I have a Hudy wrench set (black handles with silver stripes.) and the 1.5mm wrench head just doesn't work on some of the screw heads like the wheel hexes and the shock hex screws. What are you guys using? Does the cheaper Hudy 1.5mm wrench work?

On the diffs, a guy at the track said not to put diff lube on the back of the diff plates (side facing outdrives) because it makes it not as consistant. Any one else found this. I built it like the manual said.

Thanks
jland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #3588
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Grindog001

I am loving my car but has anyone found very fast wear on the blades at the front. I know this is due to the one way but they are splitting after a few runs.
Grindog001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:25 PM   #3589
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

My experience with the one-way/spool is that if you hit almost anything, you'll break a blade up front...
Old 03-01-2006, 04:30 PM   #3590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Stumper1- That was the post I was referring to..the post you said is about a month old...so imagine identifying the problem, correcting the manufacturing defect, manufacturing the corrected "version" packaging and shipping overseas...it takes time. Not what you wanted hear I'm sure but it is the the truth..non-sugar coated. I suspect that the parts "shortage" will be a thing of the past in the next 3-4 weeks....

Hope this helps.

Butter
Old 03-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #3591
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumper1
Butter,

The only post I could find says they are "investigating" a solution to the problem to be incoporated into future production batches. That post is also over a month old.

Again, I'm just curious if a real problem has been found and a real solution is in the works.

The problem has been found and corrected, all of the hubs down here at RC America and at any hobby shop that has ordered them are correct/accurate.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #3592
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmargiotta
The problem has been found and corrected, all of the hubs down here at RC America and at any hobby shop that has ordered them are correct/accurate.
so do we have to pay for it if you have the kit serial #, Is X-ray gonna issue a RECALL?
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #3593
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Rocco,

That's what I was looking for - an answer. I've seen this type of question being posted on the X-ray forum and just ignored.

Thanks!!

Deric
stumper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #3594
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

Im picking up a Parma TC4 bumber for my T2. The holes are exact same spot, although I think I will have to take some of the back off so the brace and fit on it perfectly. It is a little thicker, thats why.

I did drive my T2 today, it was pretty good, but I think the front is sort of diving into the turns, what can I do to prevent this?

-Mike
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #3595
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you want an aftermarket T2 bumper, then why not order a PDub or the Parma T2 bumper(I believe I saw that it has been announced)?
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #3596
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

I need it by friday. I will order one eventually. Anyone help me with the front diving?

Here is my setup:

http://www.teamxray.com/xforum/xform...D=239&setup=t2

Another thing, bunch of foam from the tires got into my motor and onto the side of it, my brushes then were touching the motor and it would not move/get power at all.

I moved the brushes and blew out the foam and sprayed it out with motor cleaner, it works now. Any ideas why it stoped? Any ideas how to prevent this from happening agian?

Last edited by Michael Barch; 03-01-2006 at 07:27 PM.
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:21 PM   #3597
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A little off topic, but I am looking at placing an order for a new T2. I'm just trying to get a list together so I can order everything at once. So far I put this in my cart:

T2 Kit
Battery Strap
Motor guard
CA (for sealing chassis)

Anything else that I will need to build the car??

Also, any good places to get it for a good price? I found brooklyhobbies for $369, but I have to pay tax since I am in state, which makes it over $400 so I might as well order from stormer. Any help is appreciated!!
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #3598
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you don't already have them some quality metric wrenches (1.5, 2.0, 3.0mm)

You may want to check the www.teamxray.com website for some setup ideas and get some appropriate springs and tires for your given track surface or conditions.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #3599
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mark G

I just got a multi diff, wich is the best. standard one way, solid one way. and is the diff sposta move freely going stright, so tires move freely going away from the car. but will not move if moved twards the car. Is this right?
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:56 PM   #3600
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Xray did an update /replacement with thrust bearings for no charge on the FK05's.
Hopefully they will do the same with the rear hubs.

In love with the T2, no problems at all, but decided to keep the FK05 as a backup until the parts shortage is resolved, do have to put up with some harrasment having both cars in the pit spot, I think its mostly gealousy

Fred