R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #3511
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
what do yuo guys think of the difference between the T2 and the fk'05? Is it worth the extra money?
This past Friday I did a test. I wanted to see if I was faster with my T2 or my FK'05. I mean I knew my T2 was easier to drive and work on but as we all know it always comes down to the lap times. And they did change the layout so I never actually drove my FK'05 on the new layout yet.

I ran my T2 the 1st qualifier and then my Fk'05 the second one. I just wanted to see the diffrence. I was running an average of around 15.1's with my T2 and my best lap was a 14.8.

With my FK'05 I averaged around 15.3's with my best lap being a 15.0 so I am going to stick with my T2.

Both cars are absolutly amazing though. Sooo much fun to drive. I am going to keep both of them.
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #3512
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Its amazing how much we're all willing to spend for 2 tenths of a second but thats racing for ya.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #3513
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

You guys think I could put a coat of Clear Nail polish on the edge of my chassis to give it a better look on the finish, even though I already glued it/sanded it? I just want it to look a little better; would it hold there?

-Mike.
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #3514
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thanks...that makes sense to me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv
When you angle the top link down towards the centerline of the car you are raising the roll center on that end of the car. So using a lot of shims on the outside underneath the top links reduces the chassis roll. This setting also increases the camber gain which can be compensated for by running less static camber if necessary to get equal tyre wear left-to-right. In the setups used by the team I believe at the front the key reason is to get more camber gain to help the car hook up during cornering. At the rear the main reason is reducing chassis roll through the raised roll center which frees the car up during cornering. Both should contribute to higher corner speeds.
now.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:31 PM   #3515
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Barch
You guys think I could put a coat of Clear Nail polish on the edge of my chassis to give it a better look on the finish, even though I already glued it/sanded it? I just want it to look a little better; would it hold there?

-Mike.
Hi
When I prep my chassis, I sand with 400 'Free Cut' which I use for flatting the laquare within my main line of business (restoring woodwork in classic cars) (www.london-carriage-craft.com) and slightly brake the edge of the carbon fibre (take the sharp edge off the chassis) and the lightly spray the edge of the chassis with a cyno activator, not to much or you will cure the glue to quickly and make it go white and therefor crystalize the cyno (looks ugly when that happens) once you have applied the activator, there is NO hurry in getting the edge glued up, as the activator will last for some time. Hold the chassis verticle in your hand and place a blob of thin cyno on the edge so that it will begin to rundown the edge of the chassis, when the drip slows down place another blob about 12mm-1/2 before the bead of glue slows down, keep doing this , while rotating the chassis in your hand and you will have a gell like fininish as does your chassis.
Hope this helps you, you might want to try it on a edge of a 3mm-1/8 piece of ply to pratice first. You might find it a bit nerve recking but you get a fantastic end result. Remember the cyno will be curing as you are turning the chassis in you hand because of the activator
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
If I can I Will take a pic of my chassis and put it up for all to see
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #3516
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to ALBERTO Send a message via Yahoo to ALBERTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
I just have to say I am really starting to like this car. YES it does have some issues but oh well Whatever.

I recently put on a team pickles top deck, NO more tweak issues. The holes are so small you actually thread the screw into the top deck. There is no room for it to tweak. And adding it also made the car alot stiffer.
I have no tweek issues with my t2, but for safe keepings I bought a crc top deck..... Big mistake!!!!! as i was installing the top dack I was watching my right front arm rise.... Bottom line the top deck was causing my car to tweek.. Perhaps i need to look into the pickels top deck??? Thanks harold for posting ya results!!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:59 PM   #3517
Tech Initiate

Check to make sure that the top plate is installed in the proper orientation. That could be causing the tweak issue.
mxracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #3518
Tech Elite

did it 6 times on a piece of granet stone with shocks off.. Had the same problem all 6 times.. Ended up giving it away to some kid MUHAHAHAHAH .
Old 02-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #3519
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBERTO
did it 6 times on a piece of granet stone with shocks off.. Had the same problem all 6 times.. Ended up giving it away to some kid MUHAHAHAHAH .
Do you have the CRC with the countersunk top deck? CRC replaced mine for the same reason. They have a revised one.
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #3520
Tech Elite

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAD the one with the counter sunk holes.. woops.. Thats just the way I am flying off the handle with a new piece of dookie that didnt work... I just give it away
Old 02-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #3521
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LOL....The strange thing is that for some the countersunk top deck worked find with no tweaking and others had an issue with it.
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #3522
Tech Elite

go figure??? Soo for now it all stock with my new pudub... and no tweek
Old 02-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #3523
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to beyondthepack

yeh I installed the CRC deck with Trinity counter sunk washers, works awwwesome, This car is the REAL deal folks!
beyondthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:53 PM   #3524
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
does anyone have a source for TOUGH 3mmx16mm button head screws for the front roll centre mounts?

I am thinking these screws bending may have more to do with the tweak issue than the top deck....
you may give those a try: http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=390&id=920
those are titanium and 18mm but still lighter and stronger than the stock ones, and if you go with the 3mm shims all around on the rear then the extra length is even better...
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:11 PM   #3525
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scho
Anyone seen anything of the new option parts around?
I saw a new (maybe prototype) topdeck on a team driver's car. He used it at the snowbirds. It looked LIKE (!!!!!!) this http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...290&fullsize=1 with the extra holes for extra stands but there were grooves in it just as the stock one and it was not "cut through" between the screws.... hard to explain but it looked good ... He aslo had alu rear uprights from xray... and speedtech has 6 degre c-hubs on stock, I consider those as option parts too.
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote