Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone know of somebody making fan mounts for the T2 yet?
Old 02-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

yeah im interested in a dual fan mount myself for the t2
Old 02-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
http://coolcan.usmanbiz.com/site2/pages/xray.htm

it is a very nice mount, i don't own one but i have seen it, very very nice..
Old 02-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Repost. I was gonna post the same pics but I just saw above me. I have the double coolcan fan on my FK'05 and I love it. Plus Malcolm the guy that sells them has great customer service..
Old 02-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

EASY WWW.COOLCANFAN.COM

Malcom is a great guy products are great customer service is second to none
Old 02-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Well I still yet to hit the track with my T2. I had to take apart and build 3 packs today and some other stuff kept me busy.

Just to let everyone know, the T2 Diff's DO NOT come pre-lubed. I took mine apart and they were DRY! If you havent yet, take yours apart and check. To my understanding some peoples came lubed and some did not.

I still have to paint my body but hopefully tomorrow I can run it. I heard Droop 5-REAR, 4-FRONT. Also, about the shims ontop of the hubs, 1.5 rear, 1 front? What are you guys running?

About the Locktite, do you guys Locktite the pins inside the CVD's or no? In the manual it says to, but mine are in there tight without it and I talked to some people with the T2 today about it and they said NO.

I also picked up 3x20mm screws for the suspension arms. Hence I added 3mm all around, and 3.75 in rear it gave me the threading I needed.

About those FANS, I run Stock class (Monster Motor) do you think I would need to look into one or no? Im going to be in stock for some time too. Or should I wait until I get into like 19T and Mod to need that kind of cooling? How are they connected? Soldered onto the motor?

-Mike
Old 02-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael Barch
About the Locktite, do you guys Locktite the pins inside the CVD's or no? In the manual it says to, but mine are in there tight without it and I talked to some people with the T2 today about it and they said NO.

-Mike
I highly recommend it. Mine came out and locked my car up.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I made the switch. .. Went from my FT TC4 (POS) to the new T2. I am sure I made the right choice. I will have it in my hands tomorrow . Got it from Stormerhobbies. Of course I had to overnight it so I can look at the box in my office lol.

I am looking forward to the new challange of the T2, I won our points series with the TC4, but towards the end it just didn't drive for crap!

Are there any setup pages out there for this car yet? If so do you have the URL? Also where and what parts do I need to upgrade or do differently?

Many thanks and look forward to running the Xray and speaking with all you T2 guys

scott
Old 02-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scottw
Well I made the switch. .. Went from my FT TC4 (POS) to the new T2. I am sure I made the right choice. I will have it in my hands tomorrow . Got it from Stormerhobbies. Of course I had to overnight it so I can look at the box in my office lol.

I am looking forward to the new challange of the T2, I won our points series with the TC4, but towards the end it just didn't drive for crap!

Are there any setup pages out there for this car yet? If so do you have the URL? Also where and what parts do I need to upgrade or do differently?

Many thanks and look forward to running the Xray and speaking with all you T2 guys

scott
I tried Drew Ellis' set up from the xray site. It was dialed for me tonigth. I used a Stratus C body. So it was still a little tight in the turns. I think a Parma Alpha will be the ticket. Give it a try.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I tried Drew Ellis' set up from the xray site. It was dialed for me tonigth. I used a Stratus C body. So it was still a little tight in the turns. I think a Parma Alpha will be the ticket. Give it a try.

Nice, I have to get me a Parma Alpha, I run the Mazda 6 and stratus 3.0 carpet. Time to move up to the big time .

I also just ordered some of the coolcanfans for her . I have to treat her well, so she will treat me well hehe.

I will be built and ready to run on Friday. Approx how long did it take you to build?
Old 02-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I am having problems getting parts from LHS. Backordered is all I hear. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 02-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scottw

scott
SAME HERE! I HATED my FT TC4. It never ran good, all I did was spend money on it and it did't work.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

The factory team TC4 was like the HPI pro 3 and pro 4.... Everyone wanted it to work but it just didnt.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

yeah.....drew's setup rocks ran with it tonight ......thanks for the help in KC....
Old 02-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

I want to try out Drews setup but I cannot get 4mm shims for on-top of the Hubs...

My shop is out of 4mm, 1mm, and 2mm...So theres no way I can do it. Im going to try and run the stock foam setup sheet the T2 came with, and then tune it myself from ther, I think its time I start trying to tune my own car instend of going to these setup sheets because it will always be different to the driver.

Anyone run the Basic Foam setup sheet? What adjustments did you see you had to make? Besides going 3mm all around and 3.75 in back rear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.