R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-21-2006, 09:00 PM   #3301
Tech Adept

Mike here is my number please give me a call it is much easyer to explain on the phone 314-398-6663 I have a funky ringer just let it go and i will pick up this goes for anybody needing help that is what we are here for thanks for the support.... Later Drew
Andrew Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #3302
Tech Master

Talking

And he gets 100 calls in 3...2...1....

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:07 PM   #3303
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

Im going by this stock setup sheet they give you with the car.

Now it says 0.75 = 1* and then it says 1.5mm shim...

wow, im so confused.

I will just have to wait until tomorrow when Im there setting it up so if I do need anything I can buy the shims there.

-Mike

Alright, let me check this out one more time, I may end up calling you.

Thanks for the help guys, Mike.
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #3304
Tech Adept

Mike please do I hate hearing that this is confusing you it is real simple just hard to explain on here please do I will be up for awhile...Later Drew
Old 02-21-2006, 09:22 PM   #3305
Tech Regular

Ok I think I got this figured out now guys. Let me get this right.

Now I can do this, but lets say instend of ONE 1.5 shims all around, I do TWO 1.5 shims all around and then add that .75 to the far rear. Will that still equal 1* Outboard Toe and with the front out .5 will that still equal 2* Final Toe? I don't see how it would change anything as long as I have those 0.75's added to the rear, it is just making the wheelbase wider correct?

Old 02-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #3306
Tech Regular

Andrew, I would give you a call but I think my sister took my cell phone. If you want to give me a call on my our home phone you can, we don't have long distance on the home phone because we all usually just use cell phones.

I will PM you my number.

http://www.teamxray.com/xforum/xform...ID=34&setup=t2

The setup sheet Im having problems with.

Do I just keep 8 1.5 shims up front total, then 8 in rear, along with the .075 in far rear? If thats a yes than I would no longer need any help. (Note im adding one more 1.5 shim all around to make the car wider).

Its just Im confused on how to read this sheet.

-Mike
Old 02-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #3307
Tech Regular

Thanks for the help Andrew. Im all set for now guys!

One more question; have any of you had problems with stripping screws at all? I havent yet, but just wondering if I should pick some up.

I know my TC4 and the Blue screws are realllyyy bad, stripping left and right with those!

-Mike

Last edited by Michael Barch; 02-21-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #3308
Tech Adept

No problem Mike... we will be trying to give you guys more team support on this theard and Mike Blackstock has his own theard to help out to........ thanks for the support ...Later Drew
Old 02-21-2006, 11:15 PM   #3309
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Hey Drew looks like you wont be able to run stock at the nats....I forgot to sign you up and its full now

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:22 PM   #3310
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey has anyone had any bad expeireinces with the t2. in the sell forum i see quite a few come up for sale. just wondering if its worth switching cars from my 04xray. has anyone compared side by side the 04,05 and t2 together?? is there a major diff in running the different cars??

thanks
Old 02-22-2006, 12:23 AM   #3311
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Drew looks like you wont be able to run stock at the nats....I forgot to sign you up and its full now

EA

Thank you Jesus!!! One more spot i have a chance to move up on. I heard a couple of big time guys didnt make it.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:39 AM   #3312
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrodh
hey has anyone had any bad expeireinces with the t2. in the sell forum i see quite a few come up for sale. just wondering if its worth switching cars from my 04xray. has anyone compared side by side the 04,05 and t2 together?? is there a major diff in running the different cars??

thanks
I haven't had one bad experience with the T2. I ran my T2 for the first time last metting and after all the heats it was almost fully dialed when my FK04 took 5 meetings to get an alright setup. It's a lot nicer car to drive, setup and work on than the FK04.
Drew.

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:52 AM   #3313
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrodh

thanks
It seems as though a few people bought 2 kits so they would have spares before the follow up parts were released. I believe they are just getting rid of the second one that they bought now that parts are available. (if anyone has one, let me know!!)
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:36 AM   #3314
Tech Elite

I have a T2, and a 04.

I am not yet sure I want to sell my 04 cause it was such a good car. Though I think out of the box the T2 is way better, and probably has more potential than the 04.

But after playing around with the T2, I think there is some potential to re-invente some of the components on the 04 chassis to make it an even better car than it was.

I always did like the saddle pack thing because the balance was always right on no matter what battery you used. But its advantageous to use a side by side if you get it close enough to center, like the T2. Its easier to transition in corners = faster.

Pros and cons for each.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:11 AM   #3315
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would bet that the saddle config in touring cars will make a comback in due time. The FK08 will be saddle with low layshaft quick access front and rear diffs. And tunable multi-flex chassis.