R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-19-2006, 08:21 PM   #3226
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've got a brand new in box T2 for sale: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...65#post2156565
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:48 PM   #3227
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

why are you selling the T2 ?
Old 02-19-2006, 10:09 PM   #3228
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

I got to give props to Jason C at socal . Last night he drove his T2 to a second place finish in pro stock. He got beat by jason Ertracter a factory corally driver, but his car looked awesome.
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:20 PM   #3229
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

I know JasonC has been looking good with the new T2...

Last edited by lbckevin; 02-19-2006 at 10:51 PM.
lbckevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:33 PM   #3230
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Dam kevin you missed some good racing on saturday night. Everyone decided to run pro stock instead of 19 turn. Jason C was all over ertracter.
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:40 PM   #3231
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

While I glued the sides of the carbon fiber chassis some got onto the bottom and looks bad, you think some motor spray/cleaner will get that stuff off there?

-Mike
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:58 PM   #3232
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

hey mike want to run my spare car next sat.
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:01 PM   #3233
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Michael Barch

motor spary will not get of the CA, Acatone ( sp) or finger nail polish remover may, but i would just runt it, it wont look too bad as long and ya dont crash
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:40 AM   #3234
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbckevin
why are you selling the T2 ?
I was going to use this one for spare parts, but never needed it, all I ever used out of it was the foam tires that RC America added to the kits, everything else is unoppened.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:11 AM   #3235
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Just got my T2 together. Got shimms????

They should call this the shim car. The whole suspension had to be shimmed. I can understand the shimming for gaps on the suspension arm pin and how that can be manipulated to change wheelbase but what about the shims on the arm mounts? Was that a design flub? Also whats with the shim on the motor bulkhead?

Anyways I built the shocks with adjustable pistons. Tried the adjustable dampening and found the only setting I liked was full firm. So maybe that was a mistake. For now I'll leave the shocks that way but if I decide to rebuild it should I use the two hole or the three hole pistons with the 30wt oil?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:33 AM   #3236
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Just got my T2 together. Got shimms????

They should call this the shim car. The whole suspension had to be shimmed. I can understand the shimming for gaps on the suspension arm pin and how that can be manipulated to change wheelbase but what about the shims on the arm mounts? Was that a design flub? Also whats with the shim on the motor bulkhead?

Anyways I built the shocks with adjustable pistons. Tried the adjustable dampening and found the only setting I liked was full firm. So maybe that was a mistake. For now I'll leave the shocks that way but if I decide to rebuild it should I use the two hole or the three hole pistons with the 30wt oil?
mate you must be kidding your self, the idea of shim's at those locations is for a very good reason, to make easy & quik adjustments to the car. have a look at tamiya if you wanna start complaining about shims.

xray probally has the least amount of shim's out of any tc i have owned & the idea xray have in place in a very good one. you can fully adjust the car setup without having to purchase toe blocks etc.
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:53 AM   #3237
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The shims on the rear hinge pins allow the adjustment of the wheelbase.

The shims between the roll center holders and bulkhead allow for adjustment of inboard rear toe and trackwidth.

The shim under the motor bulkhead is removable to allow the car to flex evenly when used on one of the flexible settings for the chassis' multi-flex technology.

And the shims on the outer end of the camber links are for roll center adjustment...you forgot those
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:20 AM   #3238
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef
Default Build Day

I've been surfing the thread for a bit now and I've probably missed it but I have a couple Q's.

1.I'm building my kit today and I'm wondering do I really have to CA all of the countersunk holes on the bottom.(never had to do that one before)

2. Are my 04's diff's gong to fit in my T2 cuz I've got a couple one-ways a spring steel with carbides and a spool I really don't want to part with.

Thanks Fellow Xray addicts

Kevin
hicheef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:30 AM   #3239
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to ALBERTO Send a message via Yahoo to ALBERTO

ahhhh yes and yes
Old 02-20-2006, 10:40 AM   #3240
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicheef
I've been surfing the thread for a bit now and I've probably missed it but I have a couple Q's.

1.I'm building my kit today and I'm wondering do I really have to CA all of the countersunk holes on the bottom.(never had to do that one before)

2. Are my 04's diff's gong to fit in my T2 cuz I've got a couple one-ways a spring steel with carbides and a spool I really don't want to part with.

Thanks Fellow Xray addicts

Kevin
Sealng the screw holes will help strengthen them as well as prevent the screws from biting in and becoming difficult to remove

Your 04 Diffs and spool will be usable in your T2, but you will need 34t pulleys due to the T2's internal ratio of 1.70 as opposed to the 04's ratio of 1.77.

Your one-way isn't usable as-is, as the diffs are flipped 180* from their installation direction for the 04. This doesn't effect a diff or a spool, but for a one-way the one way bearing will be installed backwards relative to how it needs to be in order to function properly on the FK05 or T2.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote