R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #3181
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandr91
I'm having trouble building the shocks on my T2.I've been racing for years and these have given me the most trouble.Any tips? Thanks
you either need to be prepared to spend alot of time leaving them sitting there so the air coems out, or use a ride air pump remover.

i heard that the botom cap can be opend up upside down to let the air out, but i don't know how to doit with this method they are great shocks though when built right! the clicker system is dead set the best idea in RC.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 04:56 AM   #3182
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

also, make sure the pistons are abosolutely smooth, and there are no burrs on them from the trees, or they will bind

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:29 AM   #3183
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If I'm not mistaking, it tells you the correct way in the manual. After you insert the bladder and put on the cap, turn the shock up-side-down, twist the bottom retainer and stroke the shaft a little to get the o-ring to come up a bit and let the shock sit for about 30 second or so, and BAM! your shock will be dialed. Do this until you get it like you want it. The manual ( or Xray forums ) can tell you this in much more detail, but that is the gist of it. Later

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:39 AM   #3184
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandr91
I'm having trouble building the shocks on my T2.I've been racing for years and these have given me the most trouble.Any tips? Thanks
Also: Look here & here
Old 02-17-2006, 06:28 AM   #3185
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder
you either need to be prepared to spend alot of time leaving them sitting there so the air coems out, or use a ride air pump remover.
and for those who think that top racers don't use the Ride air remover, check out what's under Hara's left hand in this picture:

That's the top and pump of the Ride air remover!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:58 AM   #3186
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Or a Swedish made , nevermind. He has 2 cell phones what a pimp.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #3187
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
and for those who think that top racers don't use the Ride air remover, check out what's under Hara's left hand in this picture:

That's the top and pump of the Ride air remover!

What is he doing using those so called "inferior" cells that his battery sponsor says are so inferior to the GP cells? LOL Guess they finally realized IB's arent as bad as they thought!!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:53 AM   #3188
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
What is he doing using those so called "inferior" cells that his battery sponsor says are so inferior to the GP cells? LOL Guess they finally realized IB's arent as bad as they thought!!!

EA
We ran IB's at the Birds and Novak race.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:03 AM   #3189
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
We ran IB's at the Birds and Novak race.
Yea I know you guys did....I have just never seen any of the overseas guys with IB cells in their cars... They have always ran GP cells.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:03 AM   #3190
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Team Pickles: Xray T2 Chassis and Top Deck

If anyone has a Pickles chassis that they are willing to part with, please PM me.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:12 AM   #3191
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson
If anyone has a Pickles chassis that they are willing to part with, please PM me.
You mean the stiff pickle
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:38 AM   #3192
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

Okay guys, I built it last night. It went together like a dream, the only thing Im worried about are the shocks. It was my first time building shocks, I don't think I got the oil/bleed thing perfect but they seem to work fine for now.

Im going to be using a Hitec servo and the "K" Servo Horn seems to fit VERY well on my servo but it doesnt say its for Hitec...should I use it still?

Also, I noticed its a pretty tight fit on the chassis with my GTS and Reciver (small reciver too!).

It looks all good so far, how would I know if I did my shocks wrong while driving and whatnot?

Also, the Diffs came pre-built so I did't lube them or anything, is that fine? There spinning super smooth and fast.

-Mike
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:44 AM   #3193
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
You mean the stiff pickle
Using both words together just seems Wrong! How is Stockton? Should be up there next weekend.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #3194
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Barch
Okay guys, I built it last night. It went together like a dream, the only thing Im worried about are the shocks. It was my first time building shocks, I don't think I got the oil/bleed thing perfect but they seem to work fine for now.

Im going to be using a Hitec servo and the "K" Servo Horn seems to fit VERY well on my servo but it doesnt say its for Hitec...should I use it still?

Also, I noticed its a pretty tight fit on the chassis with my GTS and Reciver (small reciver too!).

It looks all good so far, how would I know if I did my shocks wrong while driving and whatnot?

Also, the Diffs came pre-built so I did't lube them or anything, is that fine? There spinning super smooth and fast.

-Mike
Mike if your shocks aren't built right then you will hear air squeaking inside them and/or feel a dead spot where there is no resistance from the oil inside. If they sit standing up for a while then the dead spot will be at the top.

The diffs should be fine, but you need to tighten them. They are too loose from the factory. Best thing to do is tighten them until you don't hear them squeal when you set your car down and grab full throttle, then recheck them after the first battery pack. They should be pretty well broken in by then and you can go ahead and tighten them how they need to be.

I believe Hitec and KO are the same spline count, but I'm not sure. One of these guys will know...
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #3195
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

Alright thanks, Yeah like two of my shocks are fine, and two of them I push up on them and I hear squeeking noise so Im going to re-build those ones.

One last question about the belt. How tight/loose should it be? Right now it seems a bit on the tigheter side (Front all the way up) (Rear one back from standard).

Should I just put both at standard, or what should I do?

About the Diff's, I will do that. Thanks.
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote