R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #3046
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
I remember reading that as well and checked a PRO4 rear upright at the LHS. It looked to me way smaller then the T2 and wouldn't be a good match. I'm going to spend some time after working tomorrow going through everything they got looking for a alternative.
1 alternative unfortunatley is run the T1 series rear hubs
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #3047
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to CoryCraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbckevin
Wow....the Xray has soo many problems...Seems like the results show alot of problems with the car....HA! Quit whining , hitting things, shut up and race your toy car and have fun.

Touring Pro Modified A Main

Car No. Position Name Chassis Type Laps Time
Paul Lemiuex XRAY T2 28 5:03.82
Mike Dumas XRAY T2 28 5:05.57
Mike Blackstock XRAY T2 28 5:10.27
Ralph Burch XRAY T2 28 5:13.37
Teemu Leino Schumacher EC 27 5:04.63
Todd Hodge Losi 27 5:07.73
Matt Francis Losi 27 5:11.34
Billy Easton Losi 26 5:01.43
Chris Tosolini Corally RDX 22 4:17.50
Victor Wilck XRAY T2 15 2:57.11
The results speak for themselves. BTW 19T factory was pretty much a duplicate of mod Only more Xrays
CoryCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #3048
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default One thing though....

I wish Xray would have stayed with the larger wheel bearings/hubs/uprights or had it as an option. They didn't have any slop, they were stronger and they were better for the club racer. I would have rather kept them on the T2 and had a "Pro option" for current stock T2 parts It's the club racer that needs the durability and less reaction.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #3049
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Nobody has rear uprights. I talked with RC America and there were none in the last shipment from XRAY.

Regarding RC America's customer service, they have been awesome to me. My motor bulkhead was missing the hole of the rear sway bar mount. They quickly replied to my e-mails and are sending me a replacement part free of charge.
Xray probably didn't send the rear uprights because they're trying to fix the toe issue. Lefts will be packaged as 1* and rights will be packaged as 2*. Hopefully in separate bags.

RC America is top notch. We finally have real racers working for real racers. Espo's now working there too. He was one of a few guys who took time out to help me out during my newbie nitro days. But all the guys there keep you dialed. They make everybody feel like there sponsored.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #3050
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW
There is a definite difference between someone that knows what they are talking about... and someone that assumes they know what they are talking about. Guy knows what he is talking about because he IS informed. He makes a marked effort to know what he is saying/typing. There is also a difference between knowing, and wheeling. You can put him on your shoulder and toss roses all you want, but until you race with him, you really have no say. There are quite a few of us that race with him on a regular basis. We know the real Guy, what he IS capable of, and certainly what he is NOT capable of. Its good he went to the Birds, and found out what its like to run at a large event... his skin is a little thick and he doesnt like to listen to anyone about much of anything other than... "Yes you know what youre talking about, Guy." Verbal masturbation is like candy to him... it makes his head bigger.

We had a great weekend of racing locally since he was at the Birds... no yelling, no hacking, or... "sorry... its the one-way!!" was heard from the drivers stand... it was AWESOME.

Everyones expectation of a "sponsored" driver is different... but you cannot deny representation as its primary purpose. On this forum as an informative source, Guy is excellent... outside of that he is and on the verge of pompous. Hes like talking to a dashboard mounted bobblehead going for a ride in BIGFOOT across the Arklay mountains.

Locally, Xray is purchased because the car works... there is no influence whatsoever by him towards the purchase of the car(s) for the local racer.

THAT is from someone that rubs elbows with him on the drivers stand, and is for informative purpose ONLY. The rest... "better ask somebody".

- DaveW

DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is not a personal attack in any way, it IS factual and not meant to ruffle feathers. If it does, then it apparently IS a personal problem and professional attention may be needed.
Disclaimer or not that was a very personal attack. And as someone who has watched you who rub elbows with Guy at the track you are definitely not above it all. Your true issue is one of pride and jealousy. No one paid much attention to Guy when he was struggling as a newby in this hobby, bouncing off the walls as he went around the track. He came to people like you for help and assistance and got the typical two word answer, “try this” or “do that” or the infamous “one-ways don’t work on carpet”. No explanation as to why was given, just do it. No tips on how to improve his driving or on driver etiquette, just pointing, head shaking, and the occasional snicker. The type of answers he gives was the type of answers he was looking for back then. The “fast guys” such as you failed him in this respect. So he read books on suspension theory and practiced, experimented and practiced some more. After things started to make sense, he started to help others who had the same questions he did. You could have done the same thing. Why didn’t you? You had the years of experience in build time and track time, why didn’t you chime in and help the new guys? Guy’s thorough explanations and willingness to help got him noticed by the powers that be at Xray. NOT his driving skills, NOT his race record, but simply his willingness to take the time to actually intelligently answer a question on the forums that helped someone with a problem. Because you have been racing for years (successfully too) and are not fully sponsored, don’t hate.
As far as Guy’s driving skills are concerned, to be honest, he was a hack. We have had many a heated discussion about who had the right to a certain race line. That is not the case anymore. And that is what you and whoever else is hating have to get over. You continue to view him the same as when he was learning, being too aggressive, and not able to fully control his car. He has gotten better, much better. Which probably grates you more than the sponsorship. Last winter he was middle to upper B main. Then he scratched his way in the lower A main and now he is currently in the top 3 to 5 drivers at his local track. And rising. This is no different than what everyone who is now a “fast guy” went through. You got there through blood, sweat, and practice. I am sure you bounced off a few walls and hacked a few people on your way up as well. Nothing is easy in this hobby, too many things to go wrong on a race day. Guy’s problem is that drivers like you won’t give him his props for knowing his weaknesses working hard to get better. Anyone here can go to Debbie’s website and see the progress Guy has made. I think it is pretty sad that you are personally attacking someone in the same hobby, and this is a hobby, because he has had some success in it. Funny thing is that he didn’t do anything you could not have done yourself.

Disclaimer: This is a defense of a good person who has never turned away anyone who has asked him for help. I am simply tired of the attacks due to pride or prejudice. Take it personally, or not, I simply don’t care. By the way, since I do see your post for what it is, I am seeking professional assistance.
Hudy
Litemodz CVS
Impulse_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #3051
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
I wish Xray would have stayed with the larger wheel bearings/hubs/uprights or had it as an option. They didn't have any slop, they were stronger and they were better for the club racer. I would have rather kept them on the T2 and had a "Pro option" for current stock T2 parts It's the club racer that needs the durability and less reaction.
You can put them on the car. You just have to buy all the components. Or take it off of an 04 or 05
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:23 AM   #3052
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_racer
Disclaimer or not that was a very personal attack. And as someone who has watched you who rub elbows with Guy at the track you are definitely not above it all. Your true issue is one of pride and jealousy. No one paid much attention to Guy when he was struggling as a newby in this hobby, bouncing off the walls as he went around the track. He came to people like you for help and assistance and got the typical two word answer, “try this” or “do that” or the infamous “one-ways don’t work on carpet”. No explanation as to why was given, just do it. No tips on how to improve his driving or on driver etiquette, just pointing, head shaking, and the occasional snicker. The type of answers he gives was the type of answers he was looking for back then. The “fast guys” such as you failed him in this respect. So he read books on suspension theory and practiced, experimented and practiced some more. After things started to make sense, he started to help others who had the same questions he did. You could have done the same thing. Why didn’t you? You had the years of experience in build time and track time, why didn’t you chime in and help the new guys? Guy’s thorough explanations and willingness to help got him noticed by the powers that be at Xray. NOT his driving skills, NOT his race record, but simply his willingness to take the time to actually intelligently answer a question on the forums that helped someone with a problem. Because you have been racing for years (successfully too) and are not fully sponsored, don’t hate.
As far as Guy’s driving skills are concerned, to be honest, he was a hack. We have had many a heated discussion about who had the right to a certain race line. That is not the case anymore. And that is what you and whoever else is hating have to get over. You continue to view him the same as when he was learning, being too aggressive, and not able to fully control his car. He has gotten better, much better. Which probably grates you more than the sponsorship. Last winter he was middle to upper B main. Then he scratched his way in the lower A main and now he is currently in the top 3 to 5 drivers at his local track. And rising. This is no different than what everyone who is now a “fast guy” went through. You got there through blood, sweat, and practice. I am sure you bounced off a few walls and hacked a few people on your way up as well. Nothing is easy in this hobby, too many things to go wrong on a race day. Guy’s problem is that drivers like you won’t give him his props for knowing his weaknesses working hard to get better. Anyone here can go to Debbie’s website and see the progress Guy has made. I think it is pretty sad that you are personally attacking someone in the same hobby, and this is a hobby, because he has had some success in it. Funny thing is that he didn’t do anything you could not have done yourself.

Disclaimer: This is a defense of a good person who has never turned away anyone who has asked him for help. I am simply tired of the attacks due to pride or prejudice. Take it personally, or not, I simply don’t care. By the way, since I do see your post for what it is, I am seeking professional assistance.

Pride?? Jealousy?? Last time i went to the Snowbirds, i wasnt in the G main. Oh yeah, and i did that as a free agent. I am far from one that toots my own horn, but know your facts when you speak. What does he have that i would so desperately want??? The total amount of parts i have broken in all my years of racing can be held in my two hands. Can he say that?? Can YOU??

Guy asked me twice for information, the only other time he and i exchanged any information was at Stream HS, the discussion being the Fantom dyno and transmitter settings. He was convinced he was making plenty of power, and he didnt like making adjustments on the transmitter... so why would i offer information to someone that purports to know it all and not need help? The other two times he came to me, i offered a simple answer... not everyone wants or can understand a thorough answer. If you want to blindly suggest i do not help those who ask me questions, then maybe you need to ask in general on these forums, or those i PM answers and suggestions... WHEN THEY ASK. Want a list?? I dont spout off "Hey, you need to do this and this"... but if someone says, "Whats your take on blah ze de blah?" then i give my answer... as thoroughly as they want it to be. Screw it, ask LOCALLY, i guarantee you i have helped more people in this hobby than you and Guy have run battery packs in your whole R/C experience (including TYCO!). Again, know your facts BEFORE you flap your lip. My issue was the hacking... when i have to go into the hobby shop and spend 70$ or more to repair my car from ONE hack incident, and i am NOT the only one that has had to do this, its a little rediculous. He has been spoken to in private, and even personally by the race director... driver meetings are held with hacking and driver etiquette discussed, and NOTHING has changed. For gods sake, the tech guy was walking the track with a sticker on his shirt that said "Hack Patrol"... what more would the two of you like that would/could be convincing?! People have STOPPED racing and sold their R/C stuff because of this issue. Who wants to have their car broken be someone else before they can even get a chance to do it themselves???

As far as Guys acquired "skill", anyone can be a one-layout-wonder. If i was at the track three times a week running packs, im sure i could get a one-way to "work" too. If there is anything he does have that i dont have its track time... but yanno what... i have a personal life i actually enjoy... so its all good. He can have the track time. At least my abilities do NOT include hacking that can be heard about several states away. My nickname is NOT "T-Bone" or "The Animal". I have hacked, accidentally, three people since i have started racing in 93. Four people intentionally... and they know who they are and why. Otherwise, i have always been courteous, in the dirt or on the rug. Its RACING. Its even spelled differently than HACKING. Wow, imagine the difference by definition!

Guy will get "props" from people when he can drive a line that doesnt include prying someone off the rug like a shovel to get a "fast lap". Yanno what, im not even gonna speak for anyone else... this is MY word. From now on, ill be at the bottom of the driver stand every time he qualifies, watching, as he hacks ill be taking notes, and conduct a brief interview of both him and the hackee. "Guy, hows it feel to have to nail someone... twice... to get third place, a lap off the pace?" "Racer XYZ, now that your car is broken in two and you cant find the parts to fix your car today... what ARE you gonna do? Would you at least like a sincere apology from Mr Hood?" Everytime... ill be there like a dark cloud. Heck, i may even take pictures of the broken cars/parts and start a "Guy Hood Hacked Me: Parts Donation" thread here on RCTECH. If he can read and learn suspension design, he can learn to drive politely. Until he does, its gloves off for the locals baby.

"DING-DING"

- DaveW
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:54 AM   #3053
Tech Regular

Exclamation

Dear DaveW & Impulse_racer,

can you take your personnal discussion elsewhere (PM or phone?) and leave this thread to our beloved Xray T2?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-13-2006, 04:18 AM   #3054
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joep

can you take your personnal discussion elsewhere (PM or phone?) and leave this thread to our beloved Xray T2?

Thanks in advance

I have no problem with your request. As i see it, this does involve the T2, and any Xray owner that has access to this thread. For someone to demand respect as a Team Xray driver, or to offer input on its products, that person should represent accordingly. So many people have discussed this information destructively in the past. My intent wasnt as such. My intent was to reach out to his peers, those whom he obviously respects, because they respect him for his information, and hope that they could be enlightened and offer a viewpoint on this subject. It was hoped that this would work, every other avenue has been tried. Mr Impulse Racer assumed it to be a direct bashfest. I set the matter straight for all to see, not to prove a point, but to show how little he and everyone on here knows about this very subject. So many people say this and that and think its funny, i have come to everyone here with a direct issue that needs addressing. If it is something that is not wished amongst this thread and its peers then i have no problem taking it "behind the scenes", but once again, what i and others at his local track say has no weight with him. Its almost like we need to have an intervention of sorts... to help him realize what is actually going on. If the majority at the track disliked your driving and rolled their eyes as they realized they were in your qualifier... wouldnt you like to know about it? Wouldnt you want to do something about it?

Youre welcome in advance...

- DaveW
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:27 AM   #3055
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joep

Thanks in advance

You are entirely correct, this is the wrong place for this. I apologize to the forum.
Hudy
Litemodz CVS
Impulse_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:19 AM   #3056
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07

its getting a bit hot in here, lets cool it down guys.....
Old 02-13-2006, 07:14 AM   #3057
Tech Elite

do the MSX white belts fit the T2??

i want to install them in my blue "i want a MSX" T2 if they do ...seriously.... do they fit?
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:20 AM   #3058
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_racer
You are entirely correct, this is the wrong place for this. I apologize to the forum.
Thnx
Old 02-13-2006, 09:46 AM   #3059
Tech Regular

Default new xray t2

[QUOTE=DaveW]Pride?? Jealousy?? Last time i went to the Snowbirds, i wasnt in the G main. Oh yeah, and i did that as a free agent. I am far from one that toots my own horn, but know your facts when you speak. What does he have that i would so desperately want??? The total amount of parts i have broken in all my years of racing can be held in my two hands. Can he say that?? Can YOU??

Guy asked me twice for information, the only other time he and i exchanged any information was at Stream HS, the discussion being the Fantom dyno and transmitter settings. He was convinced he was making plenty of power, and he didnt like making adjustments on the transmitter... so why would i offer information to someone that purports to know it all and not need help? The other two times he came to me, i offered a simple answer... not everyone wants or can understand a thorough answer. If you want to blindly suggest i do not help those who ask me questions, then maybe you need to ask in general on these forums, or those i PM answers and suggestions... WHEN THEY ASK. Want a list?? I dont spout off "Hey, you need to do this and this"... but if someone says, "Whats your take on blah ze de blah?" then i give my answer... as thoroughly as they want it to be. Screw it, ask LOCALLY, i guarantee you i have helped more people in this hobby than you and Guy have run battery packs in your whole R/C experience (including TYCO!). Again, know your facts BEFORE you flap your lip. My issue was the hacking... when i have to go into the hobby shop and spend 70$ or more to repair my car from ONE hack incident, and i am NOT the only one that has had to do this, its a little rediculous. He has been spoken to in private, and even personally by the race director... driver meetings are held with hacking and driver etiquette discussed, and NOTHING has changed. For gods sake, the tech guy was walking the track with a sticker on his shirt that said "Hack Patrol"... what more would the two of you like that would/could be convincing?! People have STOPPED racing and sold their R/C stuff because of this issue. Who wants to have their car broken be someone else before they can even get a chance to do it themselves???

As far as Guys acquired "skill", anyone can be a one-layout-wonder. If i was at the track three times a week running packs, im sure i could get a one-way to "work" too. If there is anything he does have that i dont have its track time... but yanno what... i have a personal life i actually enjoy... so its all good. He can have the track time. At least my abilities do NOT include hacking that can be heard about several states away. My nickname is NOT "T-Bone" or "The Animal". I have hacked, accidentally, three people since i have started racing in 93. Four people intentionally... and they know who they are and why. Otherwise, i have always been courteous, in the dirt or on the rug. Its RACING. Its even spelled differently than HACKING. Wow, imagine the difference by definition!

Guy will get "props" from people when he can drive a line that doesnt include prying someone off the rug like a shovel to get a "fast lap". Yanno what, im not even gonna speak for anyone else... this is MY word. From now on, ill be at the bottom of the driver stand every time he qualifies, watching, as he hacks ill be taking notes, and conduct a brief interview of both him and the hackee. "Guy, hows it feel to have to nail someone... twice... to get third place, a lap off the pace?" "Racer XYZ, now that your car is broken in two and you cant find the parts to fix your car today... what ARE you gonna do? Would you at least like a sincere apology from Mr Hood?" Everytime... ill be there like a dark cloud. Heck, i may even take pictures of the broken cars/parts and start a "Guy Hood Hacked Me: Parts Donation" thread here on RCTECH. If he can read and learn suspension design, he can learn to drive politely. Until he does, its gloves off for the locals baby.

"DING-DING"

- DaveW[/QUOTE This is not the thread to be talking like this. This thread is to help and inform fellow Xray owners to better there cars, not to whine about something that has nothing to do with with Xray. I have been in this industy for over 30 years. There is one thing that stands true. If you can't afford to fix your car be it because of your own doing or someone elses. Stop racing. This is only stupid little toy cars it is not the end of the world. I have been hacked by some of the best in the world I have even gone as far as giving a factory driver a bill for the repairs on my car.. What I am getting at and I think most people on this thread would agree. Take your discussion somewhere else. Thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 09:53 AM   #3060
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have no idea what page this all started but it is entertaining...