R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-12-2006, 12:08 PM   #3031
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP
In my posts I'm not trying to claim that Xray is perfect. What would be nice though, would be for them to have the opportunity to diagnose and adress the issues.

The car performs as is...there are issues that need to be (and are) currently being worked on and adressed. In the meantime I will continue to race and be happy with the T2. I have every confidence(based on past experience) in the customer service and support at Xray that the issues will be sorted out shortly.

Chris I will admit that I may have been overzealous with my criticism, being a 1st time XRay owner I wanted to make sure I was heard. I cant deny the results I am getting. One thing to remember is that it was Xray who said the car was tweak free and good for every surface (I guess not for high bite carpet) as well as using the words such as LUXURY. Some may feel duped by XRay as they feel Luxury and tweak free were merely fodder to try to get more sales.

Oh and by the way XRay customer service has done nothing to rectify my partially delamenated chassis. I have called and sent emails and now Im basically just being ignored. That is not good customer service.
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #3032
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For the chassis, make sure you send detailed pics showing the damage, as well as description of how the failure happened.

Keep in mind...that crashing, even if you didn't feel it to be severe is not a manufacturing issue, as there is no means to determine the exact loads experienced by your car at the time and method of the crash...

Luxury is a term that was given during an early review by one of the major US car magazines, and it has stuck.

The Tweak issue I haven't been hit by yet...and yes...I have been hitting stuff...but my car has been pretty immune to tweak

That isn't to say again that things are perfect and that others aren't experiencing issues...just that they are not necessarily easy to reproduce and diagnose, but they are indeed being investiated
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #3033
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP
For the chassis, make sure you send detailed pics showing the damage, as well as description of how the failure happened.

Keep in mind...that crashing, even if you didn't feel it to be severe is not a manufacturing issue, as there is no means to determine the exact loads experienced by your car at the time and method of the crash...

Luxury is a term that was given during an early review by one of the major US car magazines, and it has stuck.

The Tweak issue I haven't been hit by yet...and yes...I have been hitting stuff...but my car has been pretty immune to tweak

That isn't to say again that things are perfect and that others aren't experiencing issues...just that they are not necessarily easy to reproduce and diagnose, but they are indeed being investiated

What I dont appreciate is the fact that when you talk to an XRay rep they automatically assume you crashed or didnt buld your kit right. I DID NOT crash or INCORRECTLY BUILD my kit. The chassis started to seperate underneath the motor. I only run 19t so I would expect heat to not be an issue. I, like you have not experienced tweak because I dont crash very often, but Xray did not say a tweak free chassis as long as you dont crash.

I did send pics of my chassis and they said they couldnt see from the pics. I told them that was because I clamped it and put lots of CA (It is clear there is a problem when seen in person). I asked if they would send me a chassis on an RMA, I offered to give them my credit card # to hold until my damaged chassis was received by them, no response from XRay, I asked if I could return for a refund so that I could purchase another kit free from defect, no response. Hell my buddy had a defective spool on his new EC and Shumacher USA sent him one no questions asked and told him to keep the damaged one. So what I am stuck with is a car that although works great clearly lacks true customer support. I guess I will just have to blow $80 when the chassis finally gives as it seems clear Xray isnt going to take care of me.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:28 PM   #3034
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

Picking up T2 Wendsday!
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #3035
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not to make excuses, but with the blur of activity that has been happening over the past few weeks with the launch of several new kits, the launch of the 2006 pricing, the arrival of the T2 parts and the prep for the snowbirds, the RCAmerica team is swamped and is working hard to catch up...again...like I said..noexcuse...but an explanation...

That is exactly why I mentioned giving a description of how the delamination occurred. In order for it to happen there is typically an additional stress provided.

I wasn't trying to call you a hack or anything of that manner...we all crash from time to time, and that is the most common form of stressor on the chassis...I'm not trying to assign blame...but rather gain an understanding of the situation..

For the record...I never said I don't crash often...I'm your average level club racer...sitting 11th out of a field of 53 racers who have turned laps on our local layout....still...no tweak issues for me
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #3036
Tech Regular

I will give it more time. I just want to know it will be taken care of when they have the opportunity.

I do truley enjoy driving the car so it isnt all negative. It's fast, agile and aggressive.

Here is a what one of the guys at our track said "It looks like it's gliding when your driving it".
Old 02-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #3037
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knapster
I'll trade you a knucle for a rear upright!!!
Nobody has rear uprights. I talked with RC America and there were none in the last shipment from XRAY.

Regarding RC America's customer service, they have been awesome to me. My motor bulkhead was missing the hole of the rear sway bar mount. They quickly replied to my e-mails and are sending me a replacement part free of charge.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #3038
Tech Elite

yeah, rear hubs were in short demand at the snowbirds.

For those of you running them, put a grub screw in the hole not being used, this will stop the screw mashing the two holes together..... someone told me this, and it worked for most the weekend.

I think the t2 is a great car, I ran it at the snowbirds, my first big race, and the car was fine, I was not....nerves....but no real complaints that were not self induced....
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #3039
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
For those of you running them, put a grub screw in the hole not being used, this will stop the screw mashing the two holes together..... someone told me this, and it worked for most the weekend.
Yup, this is exactly what happen to my right upright. In a impact the camber link screw mashed the outer hole. I saw the post on xray's site about this issue, however a week after mine was already broke.

Anyone have luck repairing this issue? What about luck subsituting other brand uprights for the T2? I'm going to start playing with this tomorrow. At first glance the 415 rear uprights look very similar.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:34 PM   #3040
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

I thought someone posted back a few pages that HPI Pro4 uprights would work but you had to ream the pin hole for the Xray pin to fit. (I think...I hope I did not imagine that,LOL)
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:14 PM   #3041
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by promatchrcr
I thought someone posted back a few pages that HPI Pro4 uprights would work but you had to ream the pin hole for the Xray pin to fit. (I think...I hope I did not imagine that,LOL)
The Pro4 uprights work but they do need some work. They are taller, so I took the shim out and then moved the camber link to the upper inside hole. The hinge pin needs to be reamed out to 3mm also. I used a standard drill bit (don't remember the size) and a thread tap and then just forced the pin in to the hole. Not very pretty, but it got the job done. Still looking for a 3mm bit or reamer. I think the part number for the upright was 75307. It comes with one rear and one knuckle, so you need two packs. Thanks HPI.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #3042
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin
The Pro4 uprights work but they do need some work. They are taller, so I took the shim out and then moved the camber link to the upper inside hole. The hinge pin needs to be reamed out to 3mm also. I used a standard drill bit (don't remember the size) and a thread tap and then just forced the pin in to the hole. Not very pretty, but it got the job done. Still looking for a 3mm bit or reamer. I think the part number for the upright was 75307. It comes with one rear and one knuckle, so you need two packs. Thanks HPI.
I remember reading that as well and checked a PRO4 rear upright at the LHS. It looked to me way smaller then the T2 and wouldn't be a good match. I'm going to spend some time after working tomorrow going through everything they got looking for a alternative.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:29 PM   #3043
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default HPI uprights

We have found today that HPI front knuckles work (one of my guy is running 1 HPI and 1 XRAY knuckle on his car), you just need to shave down .3mm to get it fit in between the bushings. Also the 2nd hole on the HPI front knuckle essentially is the first hole on the XRAY knuckle.

As far as rear goes, the camber link hole is 3mm taller than stock XRAY rear knuckle, if you run a 3mm spacers like me on the XRAY knuckle as it is, then it's perfect. The camber link hole is a tad further out then the XRAY. As far as the hingepin concern, we have not looked into that yet. At the very least, you can rig the HPI front and rear knuckles to get you thru the day.

Dom
Old 02-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #3044
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

Wow....the Xray has soo many problems...Seems like the results show alot of problems with the car....HA! Quit whining , hitting things, shut up and race your toy car and have fun.

Touring Pro Modified A Main

Car No. Position Name Chassis Type Laps Time
Paul Lemiuex XRAY T2 28 5:03.82
Mike Dumas XRAY T2 28 5:05.57
Mike Blackstock XRAY T2 28 5:10.27
Ralph Burch XRAY T2 28 5:13.37
Teemu Leino Schumacher EC 27 5:04.63
Todd Hodge Losi 27 5:07.73
Matt Francis Losi 27 5:11.34
Billy Easton Losi 26 5:01.43
Chris Tosolini Corally RDX 22 4:17.50
Victor Wilck XRAY T2 15 2:57.11