R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-12-2006, 05:42 AM   #3016
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safer SX
This is my opinion on the 06 Xray should close their shop and go and design with Tamiya as this new car they have brought out has got to be the saddest thing Xray have ever designed. I have owned Xray back as far as the pillow ball model and every model since and by far the worst designed bucket of crap these fools have ever designed was the 06. How much slop do you get in a brand new car, 2-3 mm movement in the front axel assembly? The drive pins must be a direct copy of Yokomo as they fall out and break like Yokomo. And in to the discuss of the toe in problem in the rear Xray have not bothered to fix the problem since the 04, that was when I found that problem of one side more that the other you would think they would have that problem fixed by the 06 model but no they are going down the path of all the other manufactures get them out quick make everyone buy one and then make them buy the upgrades for them within the first month but low and behold you canít buy spare parts for them how good it that for a new car.

PS XRAY please pick up your game I have been buying your product for the past 4-5 years do I need to go to another manufacturer please donít make me.
geez i'm worried about my "blue wonder" T2 now. i agree, i had the weird toe issue since my fk04. mine was 1 or maybe 1.25 degrees off!!

i can smell a BMI full chassis kit comming up in my order soon
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:08 AM   #3017
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, some of the cars in the "A" Mains used a different chassis. But the tracks you guys race at on a weekly basis will never, ever, have traction like the Birds. And for the guys that run rubber, well no comment required!

The fact is that several people ran really good with the stock cars and at the most used a different top deck....big deal.

Why can't this thread be about about about racing and set-ups rather than beating the same dead horse. Over and over and over.
OldNSlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:34 AM   #3018
Tech Elite

this thread began even before the car was released and had such a huge amount of hype. now people have the car and find that they hate it.

trust me! countersink the top deck! it won't stock tweaking totally, but it makes it 90% better. my fk04 also tweaked slightly after a big crash, but it was only marginal. i think the countersinking will fix it. i will be doing this before racing my show pony.

also as i was building the T2 i found the old fk04 servo horns work better on the T2. they have a notch towards (inwards) to the servo as oposed to outwards, like the new ones. this allows you to mount a s9550 without shimming it out.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:01 AM   #3019
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard hudson
TRUE ! TRUE DAT!!!

There is a definite difference between someone that knows what they are talking about... and someone that assumes they know what they are talking about. Guy knows what he is talking about because he IS informed. He makes a marked effort to know what he is saying/typing. There is also a difference between knowing, and wheeling. You can put him on your shoulder and toss roses all you want, but until you race with him, you really have no say. There are quite a few of us that race with him on a regular basis. We know the real Guy, what he IS capable of, and certainly what he is NOT capable of. Its good he went to the Birds, and found out what its like to run at a large event... his skin is a little thick and he doesnt like to listen to anyone about much of anything other than... "Yes you know what youre talking about, Guy." Verbal masturbation is like candy to him... it makes his head bigger.

We had a great weekend of racing locally since he was at the Birds... no yelling, no hacking, or... "sorry... its the one-way!!" was heard from the drivers stand... it was AWESOME.

Everyones expectation of a "sponsored" driver is different... but you cannot deny representation as its primary purpose. On this forum as an informative source, Guy is excellent... outside of that he is and on the verge of pompous. Hes like talking to a dashboard mounted bobblehead going for a ride in BIGFOOT across the Arklay mountains.

Locally, Xray is purchased because the car works... there is no influence whatsoever by him towards the purchase of the car(s) for the local racer.

THAT is from someone that rubs elbows with him on the drivers stand, and is for informative purpose ONLY. The rest... "better ask somebody".

- DaveW

DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is not a personal attack in any way, it IS factual and not meant to ruffle feathers. If it does, then it apparently IS a personal problem and professional attention may be needed.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #3020
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to nmt6789

If I was going to convert to the fk05 front hubs and steering knuckles, which caster would work good on carpet?
nmt6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #3021
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder
this thread began even before the car was released and had such a huge amount of hype. now people have the car and find that they hate it.

trust me! countersink the top deck! it won't stock tweaking totally, but it makes it 90% better. my fk04 also tweaked slightly after a big crash, but it was only marginal. i think the countersinking will fix it. i will be doing this before racing my show pony.

also as i was building the T2 i found the old fk04 servo horns work better on the T2. they have a notch towards (inwards) to the servo as oposed to outwards, like the new ones. this allows you to mount a s9550 without shimming it out.
I countersunk my top deck for snowbirds, took some decent hits, actually broke a rear hub once, car NEVER tweaked...
Old 02-12-2006, 09:54 AM   #3022
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Why didn't X-Ray countersink the top deck in the first place?

All I know is that I will be sticking with my FK'05 until I get a new top deck my my T2. Because the T2 does have major tweek issues!

The thing that really pisses me off is that didn't they do testing with the car before they released it. If they did they would have experienced the tweek issues when the car took a hit. I really think if they would have not drilled the top deck holes so damn large or countersunk them if would be much better..
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #3023
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to beyondthepack

Does anyone have any pictures of these "prototype" chassis, and top decks that the XRAY drivers are running, and are the drivers using the same car (with prototype chassis) from modified to 19T. The reason I ask is that other then the CRC deck that I ordered, is it THAT necessary to look for an alternative chassis for 19T for ozite carpet?
beyondthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:07 AM   #3024
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to beyondthepack

Results Touring Pro Modified A Main Race# 42

Car Position Name Chassis Type Laps Time

Paul Lemiuex XRAY T2 29 5:07.19
Mike Blackstock XRAY T2 29 5:09.64
Victor Wilck XRAY T2 29 5:10.49
Mike Dumas XRAY T2 29 5:10.54
Ralph Burch XRAY T2 28 5:00.15
Chris Tosolini Corally RDX 28 5:00.34
Teemu Leino Schumacher EC 28 5:00.70
Billy Easton Losi 28 5:00.92
Todd Hodge Losi 28 5:01.00
Matt Francis Losi 28 5:02.33
beyondthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:11 AM   #3025
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNSlow2
OK, some of the cars in the "A" Mains used a different chassis.
The car has been marketed as an all surface car. This shouldn't be needed - should it?
Quote:
But the tracks you guys race at on a weekly basis will never, ever, have traction like the Birds.
Speak for yourself. Nor is it justification for an all surface car.

Quote:
The fact is that several people ran really good with the stock cars and at the most used a different top deck....big deal.
Again, this is supposed to be an all surface car and this should not be needed, right?

Quote:
Why can't this thread be about about about racing and set-ups rather than beating the same dead horse. Over and over and over.
Because far too people on this thread (and elsewhere) like to pretend Xray cars are without blemish. Xray cars have many imperfections just like all the other top brands. You'll stop seeing posts like Safer SX's when you all acknowledge the truth. No one's saying that Xray doesn't make very good cars but to act like they're bad manufacturing (which has appearently been going on for years) is a small, insignificant matter is just ridiculous.

I've always liked Xray cars - I've had three myself, but I won't pretend its the best thing since sliced bread, everytime a new version comes out.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:12 AM   #3026
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondthepack
Does anyone have any pictures of these "prototype" chassis, and top decks that the XRAY drivers are running, and are the drivers using the same car (with prototype chassis) from modified to 19T. The reason I ask is that other then the CRC deck that I ordered, is it THAT necessary to look for an alternative chassis for 19T for ozite carpet?
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=12&pos=227

This is from the Birds. Not sure who's car this is but this is the solid upperdeck. The holes are not countersuck though.
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #3027
JCB
Tech Addict

Talking

Great job to Jeff Cuffs and all the rest of my boyz!!

Also, great job to my all my fellow friends from Horsham RC!

see you at the track...
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #3028
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to nmt6789

Does anyone have all the parts numbers to convert to fk05 steering knuckles and hubs?
nmt6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #3029
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to stormperson

Thats a Team Pickles topdeck you can check it out either on the team pickles thread of www.teampickles.com.
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #3030
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

In my posts I'm not trying to claim that Xray is perfect. What would be nice though, would be for them to have the opportunity to diagnose and adress the issues.

The car performs as is...there are issues that need to be (and are) currently being worked on and adressed. In the meantime I will continue to race and be happy with the T2. I have every confidence(based on past experience) in the customer service and support at Xray that the issues will be sorted out shortly.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote