R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2006, 12:19 AM   #2956
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
eagerly awaiting the new KO PROPO low profile server... next month, fingers crossed

James
Sorry to get off topic a bit. I think we got a press release on this new KO servo, and if I remember correctly, it has well over 100 ounce of torque (I think the Futaba is right around 85) so good power in that small package I'll go look for it tomorrow (it's in my mail somewhere) and I can confirm the spec.

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #2957
Tech Champion
 
ROBORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT
Default

speedtechrc: please do! i'd like to know what exactly the model is for that KO servo.
__________________
[YOKOMO BD7][REEDY RACING][TEAM ORION]
[Sanwa][LRP][Protoform]

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:34 AM   #2958
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 358
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi all,

Is there an error in the setup book?

Under damping they list the same result using thin oil and thick oil for the rear shocks (page 32). Can someone clarify? If they are wrong, what would be the result of thick oil in the rear of the car?

Cheers
Lycan
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:06 AM   #2959
Tech Regular
 
taz5176's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Sorry to get off topic a bit. I think we got a press release on this new KO servo, and if I remember correctly, it has well over 100 ounce of torque (I think the Futaba is right around 85) so good power in that small package I'll go look for it tomorrow (it's in my mail somewhere) and I can confirm the spec.

Steve Wang
first heard from hebiki last wk, same specs as wat u got?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...58#post2118158
taz5176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:07 AM   #2960
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dallas, TX.
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
that Larry? if so your alum rear hubs for T2 are awsome!!
Thanks. You guys have kept me pretty busy these last couple of weeks.
teamtamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #2961
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: greenville,SC
Posts: 98
Send a message via Yahoo to CoryCraig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan
Hi all,

Is there an error in the setup book?

Under damping they list the same result using thin oil and thick oil for the rear shocks (page 32). Can someone clarify? If they are wrong, what would be the result of thick oil in the rear of the car?

Cheers
Lycan
Thicker oil in the back of the car will slow weight transfer forward while braking, and will slow the weight transfer back on acceleration. It will also slow the cars roll in corners and the rear end will not transfer through switchbacks as fast. It can also make the rear end more erratic over bumps. Basically it can tighten the car up on entry of a corner, and loosen it up on exit, it can also make the car skatey and erratic through switchbacks ( car may enter the first corner of the switch backs fine, and the second and third ones it will be loose entering ).

Also, with stiffer springs it is common to go up on the oil weight to keep the cars rebound effect the same. Rule of thumb is to go up 5 wht on oil for every 5lb of spring. It isnt exact, but its a good starting point. Unless gaining rebound is part of the reason for going to a stiffer spring, in which case the oil would be left the same.
CoryCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #2962
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Greece
Posts: 224
Default

Very good post Cory, you make me think in a more rational way. Thats how I learn, thanks.
__________________
Kyosho Evolva M3 / Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 SP / Xray T3
aantonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #2963
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz5176
first heard from hebiki last wk, same specs as wat u got?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...58#post2118158
thats the same press release. i just get mine earlier.

here are the specs for ease of viewing for T2 drivers looking for a new low profile servo:

Specs:
Model Name: PDS-2413 ICS Low Profile Digital Programmable Servo
Item # 30044
Speed: 0.10 sec
Torque: 118 oz-inch (8.5Kg-cm)
Weight: 44.8g
Length: 41mm
Width: 21mm
Height: 25.4mm

there's a link in my signature for ko propo servos.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #2964
Tech Regular
 
Ill Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Cali
Posts: 489
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
thats the same press release. i just get mine earlier.

here are the specs for ease of viewing for T2 drivers looking for a new low profile servo:

Specs:
Model Name: PDS-2413 ICS Low Profile Digital Programmable Servo
Item # 30044
Speed: 0.10 sec
Torque: 118 oz-inch (8.5Kg-cm)
Weight: 44.8g
Length: 41mm
Width: 21mm
Height: 25.4mm

there's a link in my signature for ko propo servos.

Unless it is comparable in price I dont know why you wouldnt just go with the Futaba S9550.
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #2965
Tech Elite
 
litespeed-dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 3,990
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Servos and radio are a very personal thing (at least to me). I wouldn't use any non-KO servos or radio, been doing that for last 19 years. It's either KO or nothing!

So far still nothing beats my KO 2123.

Dom
__________________
Team Kyosho America - Team Br00d Racing - Team R/C Plus - GQ Racing Tyres - Slapmaster Tools - FSX Racing
litespeed-dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:02 PM   #2966
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Factor
Unless it is comparable in price I dont know why you wouldnt just go with the Futaba S9550.
Maybe it's faster
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #2967
Tech Champion
 
lbckevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,528
Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)
Default

I heard the price is in the $169 range....Very pricey.
__________________
Kevin Smith
Hobbywing * Pro-Line * MIP * Paint Monster
lbckevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #2968
Tech Regular
 
Ill Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Cali
Posts: 489
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Maybe it's faster
it is by .01

Futaba is .11

KO .10.

so your looking at double the price for .01 in speed and 33oz torque. If the $169 price tag is correct.
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #2969
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Servos and radio are a very personal thing (at least to me). I wouldn't use any non-KO servos or radio, been doing that for last 19 years. It's either KO or nothing!

So far still nothing beats my KO 2123.

Dom
Yep ...ko for me to.
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #2970
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Greece
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Factor
it is by .01

Futaba is .11

KO .10.

so your looking at double the price for .01 in speed and 33oz torque. If the $169 price tag is correct.
9550 is at least 2 years old. Is that all KO could do using current tech?

169 for a KO, and Tower offers you 2 9550s for 140....

I think I ll go with Futaba ........................ and keep the change you filthy animal hahahahaha (awesome outtake from Home Alone)
__________________
Kyosho Evolva M3 / Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 SP / Xray T3
aantonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:19 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net