Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2006, 06:24 PM   #2941
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Shhhhhhhh!
hahahaha!!! i hear ya! .... just couldnt help myself from making that comment now we can start talking about how to make this baby even faster than it alreay is! finally!

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #2942
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I've seen some many people on this thread complaining about problems with that car that I just figured I had to post this. I showed up here at the birds Tuesday around 2pm. By 3pm I was building a T2 that I bought in the hobby shop down stairs. Built the car with some setup help from a few xray friends. I haven't used anything on the car that didn't come in the box other then different springs and a P-dub bumper. Car went together easier then any car I've ever had. Ran two packs, car was pretty nice but needed some changes. So far I've got about 6 packs total on the car. Had a problem with it being way to stuck to the track. Finally got it freed up and its running extremely competitive lap times. So far even with the kit top deck I've had no problems with tweak. Yes the rear toe is off but it wasn't enough to even bother changing. This car is by far the best car I have ever drove. Its so easy to drive fast. Working on the car is a snap. Getting to the diffs couldn't be easier. Even with the problems some people are having this is no doubt a kit worth having.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:01 PM   #2943
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for visiting our website, As you all have discovered we got parts in today and we tried to get all the orders out today. I apologize for some of the items being out of stock so quickly, RC America shipped us what they can in this shipment, and we hope to get another shipment from them soon. Thanks everyone for the support. We also have the following hop-ups on sale:

Xray T2/FK05 Multi-Diff set

Xray Graphite Motor Guard for T2/FK05

On the other hop-ups, we hope to get them as soon as they are available here in the states from RC America, and will update our website as soon as they arrive.

Steve Wang
Old 02-09-2006, 07:21 PM   #2944
Tech Adept

any word on the battery strap?
kpex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:12 PM   #2945
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpex
any word on the battery strap?
You can get the battery stap from Xray UK; just got mine shipped to me, only took bout 6 days
MOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #2946
Tech Regular

that Larry? if so your alum rear hubs for T2 are awsome!!
MOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:13 PM   #2947
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a question about servo's in the T2. From looking at other cars, it seems that a standard size servo hangs off the chassis a little bit. Would it be worthwhile to get something like a Futaba 9550 so that it doesn't hang off as much or at all? I'm going to be picking up a new servo and this is the only one that seems like it might work well. Any other suggestions??
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:38 PM   #2948
Tech Adept

I love mine... (9550) I use it now for like almost a year, no problems at all. Although it may seem slow from its specs, I never got to see the difference between it and the Sanwa WRX. (0.08sec). It also leaves quite some space for weights and equipment rearrangement.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #2949
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford
I've seen some many people on this thread complaining about problems with that car that I just figured I had to post this. I showed up here at the birds Tuesday around 2pm. By 3pm I was building a T2 that I bought in the hobby shop down stairs. Built the car with some setup help from a few xray friends. I haven't used anything on the car that didn't come in the box other then different springs and a P-dub bumper. Car went together easier then any car I've ever had. Ran two packs, car was pretty nice but needed some changes. So far I've got about 6 packs total on the car. Had a problem with it being way to stuck to the track. Finally got it freed up and its running extremely competitive lap times. So far even with the kit top deck I've had no problems with tweak. Yes the rear toe is off but it wasn't enough to even bother changing. This car is by far the best car I have ever drove. Its so easy to drive fast. Working on the car is a snap. Getting to the diffs couldn't be easier. Even with the problems some people are having this is no doubt a kit worth having.

I couldnt agree more with you David.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:45 PM   #2950
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

The Futaba servo is a nice fit and is less weight. I personally dont see any problem with the servo hanging off a little. The servo is held to the chassis with two good standoffs and by 4 screws, so I dont think it is a problem. The motor sticks out much more.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #2951
Tech Adept

Here are some pics of the installed 9550 and the space it leaves plus the newly acquired Star4-Sphere Competition. Pardon me for the wiring mess. I havent had the chance to tie them up.
By the way this is the new phaser sport, an eco receiver at less than half the price of the phaser competition.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW XRAY T2-dsc00123.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-dsc00125.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-dsc00126.jpg  
Old 02-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #2952
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

eagerly awaiting the new KO PROPO low profile server... next month, fingers crossed

James
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:53 PM   #2953
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aantonis
I love mine... (9550) I use it now for like almost a year, no problems at all. Although it may seem slow from its specs, I never got to see the difference between it and the Sanwa WRX. (0.08sec). It also leaves quite some space for weights and equipment rearrangement.

I agree this servo rocks. I havent noticed the speed difference from my 8800s .08. Plus it is silky smooth with no twitching.
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:32 PM   #2954
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBORAT
very nice!!! it actually just crossed my mind the other day to annodize my t2 as well .... was thinking to go with red or a deep blue (like yokomo blue). have to find a place that does annodizing though....
I have a FK04 in all red. Its very hot.

Didn't take my T2 in for processing. Was anxious to build it!!

Some plating companies won't deal with the public. Its good to have a manufacturing background, like myself. But, if you know what to ask for, and don't sound stupid, you can usually get it done. Just don't tell them its for RC...
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:54 PM   #2955
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

so who would you guys recomend to anodize stuff......

Please give name and web address or phone #

Thanks...