NEW XRAY T2

Old 02-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbenthobbies
There are ways to prevent delamination did you prep the chassis with CA?

Yes I sealed the entire chassis including the shock towers prior to ever running the thing.

People are not just making stuff up. Some have had issues of toe being off a full degree. Mine personally after further examinations was off by .5 degrees. Others are having major tweak issues ( dont wreck you tell them) I know how about not making the claim that your chassis shall remain tweak free. (on the Xray site).Im sure you will say well thats no big deal. Ok will how bout I only pay $300 for the car even though they want $400, no big deal right. I mean come on were only talking about $100.

No I didnt use the Hudy system I used the Integy system that always seemed to work just fine with my TRF.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default xray t2

Where are you finding these problems I have six packages of these rear hubs and all are perfect from left to right. I have even checked the attachment points. If you complaing about tweak issues and you have owned a Tamiya car. They Xray is a Cadillac compaired to those cars. Do you also know composites will change with tempature. When molded.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jbenthobbies
Where are you finding these problems I have six packages of these rear hubs and all are perfect from left to right. I have even checked the attachment points. If you complaing about tweak issues and you have owned a Tamiya car. They Xray is a Cadillac compaired to those cars. Do you also know composites will change with tempature. When molded.

Dude good for you. Everyone is so glad that your cars are issue free. I guess we are just the unfortunate ones. I guess Xray homers have better luck.

And I would suggest you actually read my post before replying. I never said my car tweaked I said that OTHERS have had issues with tweak.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Just jumping in this thread a mo, need to ask a question.

Can anyone tell me the length of the chassis spacers used on the T2 (top to bottom deck spacers).

PM would be good if you could.

Many thanks.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default xray t2

Yes I maybe fortunate. But you make it sound like everyone has this problem, that is not the case. Yes Xray has a problem with the top deck they no that and are making a fix for it. That is better than some companies which you have owned that change cars like people change socks.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

the rear hubs are fine, there is a misalignment somewhere. 0.5 to 0.75 degree of differnce in toe is lot.

So now you are saying the HUdy setup stations are junk?? Thats how I read your post. So they can make a car, but all of a sudden the $250 setup station is not accurate enough??

I feel the whole 'tweak free' free car thing is bunk.

What other company changes cars like socks?????

I personally, find your attitude to be rather arrogant.

People are not all completely happy with this car, so you coming on here TELLING them what they should or should not do, is not going to win you any friends.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default xray t2

The hudy system is the best system on the market.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BritRacer
the rear hubs are fine, there is a misalignment somewhere. 0.5 to 0.75 degree of differnce in toe is lot.

So now you are saying the HUdy setup stations are junk?? Thats how I read your post. So they can make a car, but all of a sudden the $250 setup station is not accurate enough??

I feel the whole 'tweak free' free car thing is bunk.

What other company changes cars like socks?????

I personally, find your attitude to be rather arrogant.

People are not all completely happy with this car, so you coming on here TELLING them what they should or should not do, is not going to win you any friends.

Exactly
Old 02-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default xray t2

All I do is stat my opinion, as for being ignorant I have a large background in what we are discussing which makes me well informed on my opinion. I am not just throwing things out there just to do it. Like alot of people who post on these sites. I do know something
Old 02-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

He said ARROGANT not IGNORANT. Although that maybe a question too.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Old 02-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default xray t2

If I came off arrogant that was not my intention. I noticed a problem with these post ,which some people take to heart. They can be missinformed by people who have no business saying anything. I have been in this industry for over 30 years and have five national titles myself.I have seen alot of changes through the years some good, some bad. By no means do I know everything but Ive been around the block a couple of times.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Wow guys, love the flaming going on here. Here's what I think about the car. It performs. That's all that matters, .5 degrees off, give me a break. It doesn't matter!!! I'm not trying to say that the car is perfect, but it flat out works. Tweak? Not nearly as big of a deal as people make it out to be. I don't even own a setup station, and yeah, the car is tweaked, but a degree in engineering from MIT, and everything that I have learned while earning it, would tell me that under the massive cornering forces experienced by these cars, tweak has little or no effect on anything. Simply put, when you are throwing this car around corners with more that 1g of lateral acceleration (which these can achieve) so many other things are going on that tweak should be the last of your worries. Winning EVERY a-main at every track at every race that I've been to with this car, that seems to negate the quality control issues. Now please, stop BICKERING, lets share some setups, throw around ideas, use this forum for what it was intended, people trying to get questions answered can't even get a word in edgewise with all this complaining.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Xray t2

Originally Posted by thebrad
Wow guys, love the flaming going on here. Here's what I think about the car. It performs. That's all that matters, .5 degrees off, give me a break. It doesn't matter!!! I'm not trying to say that the car is perfect, but it flat out works. Tweak? Not nearly as big of a deal as people make it out to be. I don't even own a setup station, and yeah, the car is tweaked, but a degree in engineering from MIT, and everything that I have learned while earning it, would tell me that under the massive cornering forces experienced by these cars, tweak has little or no effect on anything. Simply put, when you are throwing this car around corners with more that 1g of lateral acceleration (which these can achieve) so many other things are going on that tweak should be the last of your worries. Winning EVERY a-main at every track at every race that I've been to with this car, that seems to negate the quality control issues. Now please, stop BICKERING, lets share some setups, throw around ideas, use this forum for what it was intended, people trying to get questions answered can't even get a word in edgewise with all this complaining.
I agree the car flat out works some people just need to complain.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

I think some of the problems has nothing to do with the car but more with the user. Before some of you jump on me it's a free forum as it was stated before and that's how I feel.
I've got this feeling after seeing the broken diff outdive and the hingepins assembled wrong way around. Who knows what else is going on with some other cars. I guess the only real issue is the one with rear toe and thats a minor for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.