R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-31-2006, 08:53 PM   #2536
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Yo Mike. Whattup. Shouldn't you be dremmeling something on your car right now.

About this Saturday. If I dont get parts for my T2 I will not be racing in the trophy race this saturday at SSH. I spoke to Vito and he said he should have parts this Thursday. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I am waiting on the same thing from Vito. Got fingers and toes crossed . You running Stock or 19t this Sat if the parts come in?
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:00 PM   #2537
Tech Regular

Hi guys, i just swapped the rear axles over and it fix my toe-in problem, i left the hubs and arms just changed the axles, i think it is to do with the pin hole for the hex nut thats out, it worked for me.
Cheers from down-under
x-ray=speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:10 PM   #2538
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa G
I am waiting on the same thing from Vito. Got fingers and toes crossed . You running Stock or 19t this Sat if the parts come in?
If I do race it will be stock. I got some sick stock motors that rip hard.. And some really nice Surge packs..
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:14 PM   #2539
Tech Rookie

Just got my new CRC top deck... man it's great. My racin' teammate got one as well.

Stiff as a board, fit on perfect. No tweak issues here (with regard to the top deck anyway). Stilll fighting the toe issue.

Another nice thing about the top deck is the steering insert fits about perfect, damn stock flexi top plate I had to dremel it open to get the insert in.
fasterform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:45 PM   #2540
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterform
Just got my new CRC top deck... man it's great. My racin' teammate got one as well.

Stiff as a board, fit on perfect. No tweak issues here (with regard to the top deck anyway). Stilll fighting the toe issue.

Another nice thing about the top deck is the steering insert fits about perfect, damn stock flexi top plate I had to dremel it open to get the insert in.

Same here.... mine fit great...looks great too. Once I took off the sharp milled edge around the steering cam hole, it popped in perfect, no major grinding, just a little chamfer around the hole.

I'm a bit worried about that big hunk of 3 mm CF up off the chassis, but it is wicked stiff and bolted right up nice. I hope to hit the track this weekend.
roadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:52 PM   #2541
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

OK I have been sitting working on this car for almost 3 hours now!!!!!!!

I got the toe with-in a 1/2deg so I stopped!

Now the tweak issue was another story.

Here is what I have done and found,

I tried the Flexi and CRC top decks.

The CRC top deck doesn't line up on my car, you have to put the screws thru the holes then at an angle into the bulkheads. When I sit the top deck on the bulkheads the front line up perfect, the rears are off by about half the hole!

OK I took the top deck completly off set the car on a set-up board and it wobbles.... But I marched ahead anyway... All screws in the bottom are flush.

I put the CRC top deck on, set Droop, put on FRESH cut tires, set ride height. I measures to see if the shock collars were even they were. So I put the car on the Tweak Staion. Bubble was DEAD IN THE MIDDLE! I started to get happy.... I then set it on the set-up board and check to see if the tires came off the board at the same time, THEY DID! So I am thinking I am getting somewhere. I then placed the car on the droop blocks and it wobbles side to side about 2mm's. Then with all settings right I took the tires off and set the car on the board, wobbles same as on the blocks So I loosened all screws and tightened it again...Same thing! But all setting were GOOD after doing this so I moved to the Flexi top deck.

After just changing top decks, I placed the car on the tweak station.. the bubble was half out of the lines, front and rear. The car lifts one side tire before the other front and back!

So I did the ole twist thing and it sits perfect on the Tweak staion and both tires come off the ground at the same time....

So I put CRC top deck back on a checked everything...It was good except the chassis wobble!

So my ? is would you guys really worry with a car that the chassi will not sit flat on any surface, but all therideheights,Droop and tweak are good?

I have gotten so used to having to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to my 05. Set Droop, Ride height and go!!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 12:06 AM   #2542
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Here's a bit of update on the T2 spare and hop-up parts situation. From speaking to RC America, they are expecting a shipment of parts this week and hopefully get it out to the dealer by Friday, which means we should see parts next week. This is the initial shipment of parts and there is another shipment coming in farily quickly right behind it. Please note this is a tentative (best case scenario time table)

We have just about all the spares on order plus the multi-diff and battery strap. Unfortunately we are not sure exactly how much of what parts we are getting so we are unable to setup pre-orders for parts (it is just going to be a logistical nightmare) so I hope you guys don't mind waiting until they are available on the website next week. We will have them on the website the same day they come in, and with our live inventory status, it'll let you know how many is available and if you go over the amount we have available. That's all I know for now, thank you for your patience guys.

oh, one more thing, those that purchased the car from us on the first shipment will automatically get free UPS ground shipping on their next order (or $7.99 off faster shipping) we have a list so when you place your next order it will automatically be applied.

Steve Wang
Old 02-01-2006, 01:46 AM   #2543
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

T2 parts are all listed. System accepts back orders, nothing is charged until it ships.

Quick link to T2 parts for those that are interested.
T2 parts at Stormer Hobbies

Hope this information helps a few people that are suffering with broken bits.

Good racing to all,
-Bob

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:18 AM   #2544
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmaster

I'm a bit worried about that big hunk of 3 mm CF up off the chassis, but it is wicked stiff and bolted right up nice. I hope to hit the track this weekend.

Same thought!!!
Twin 1 Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:32 AM   #2545
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow Ant, I don't know what you have going on with your T2. Mine seems fine except for the rear hubs. I have put some pretty hard hits on it and it hasn't tweeked. Don't get me wrong, it has tweeked, but not to the point where it's a problem. Run a BD, TWEEK! I hope you can figure out what going on, I'm sure whatever it is, Xray will take care of it.

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:50 AM   #2546
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
The front end of the chassis split again this past Sunday during the main we were in.
I wonder if the T2 will have this problem ?

TURBO GFX>>>> http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4329165#post4329165
Tekin Battery Nurse >>>> http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4329173#post4329173

Thanks for looking
Drew_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:58 AM   #2547
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Man, you sure have a LOT of problem with this car. Look at the amt of shims I'm running, it's a hair under 2 degree toe, there is plenty of real estate in the outdrives. Oh, BTW, both my left and right are even!!!

Dom
For anyone with the T2, measure the axel lenghts of the FK05/04 if they are the same lenght, i think that you can find a way to use the OLD arms and hubs until the parts issue clears up!

Tekin Battery Nurse >>>> http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4329173#post4329173

Thanks for looking
Old 02-01-2006, 09:14 AM   #2548
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
i found a simple solution to the problem...it works on every car...Don't Crash!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:20 AM   #2549
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
i found a simple solution to the problem...it works on every car...Don't Crash!
i was thinking the same also

Thanks for looking
Old 02-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #2550
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
Drew, Saw 1 crack up at the Magma, maybe just because it was modified.

You have the old suspension on your car? Please let me know if it works, a few friends would be happy to hear it.