Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lbckevin
That noise is the pin in the cvd's coming loose and rubbing on the hub.

I had taken apart the cvd and grinded a flat spot so the set screw could grab onto it.
He is correct, i am in the process of rectifing this problem as we speak It should also fix my mild off power push and let the car actually accelerate off corners the way it should
Old 01-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
I'll sadly admit, this car is very fast. Mr. Craig and myself both broke the track record last week, but he did it with some weird chatter-grind-clicking noise whereas my car was sliky smooth and couldn't keep up. I'm kinda worried about how much time he'll pick up once he gets some spare parts and irons out that binding noise.
dont worry chad i wont pick up much if any, just get a bit more consistant perhaps.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CoryCraig
dont worry chad i wont pick up much if any, just get a bit more consistant perhaps.
That too was my problem last week. I lost about 5 seconds to catching a flapper. It seems like if I barely clip them, I slow roll, but if I can get one right in the mouth the car just runs right through it and only loses .5-1 tenth.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Last edited by ottoman; 01-30-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

I have been experiancing some trouble getting my website updated so I am posting here to let everyone know that I am now starting to ramp up production of aluminum parts for the T2. This will include C-hubs, steering blocks, rear hubs, and a small brace for the shock towers for the area around the eccentric roll center adjusters where some of you have experianced some breakage. The steering blocks have a little extra clearance between the arm and wheel allowing the Jaco rims to be used without any modification. These are all made from the same 705 aircraft grade aluminum as my parts produced for the FK05. Take a look at the thumbnails below. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] for price and availability, or with any questions you may have. I will get the website updated as soon as figure out what the problem is.
Attached Thumbnails NEW XRAY T2-fhub1.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-fhub4.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-rhub1.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-brace1.jpg  
Old 01-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Excellent products Larry, as usual! Keep it up!

John
Old 01-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AJ Goin
ok ok... I know that I don’t have 1,436 post under my name... but I have been in R.C. long enough to know that no matter what car you are running, may it be a 1/8th scale buggy, 10th scale sedan, truck, etc... etc... etc.. .2% toe in is not enough for ANY ONE to notice! Not even A-main drivers that have placed in the A-main the last few races can notice that!!! As some one said previously said (i forget who it was-super… or something like that...) you have more play in the bearings than that!!! I hate to point fingers or say names, but pretty much every car i have ever had that wasn’t a x-ray has required more than three to four hours of HAND FITTING ALONE!!! Team DREMMELL is the worst about this with having to sand pins, arms, etc. etc. lol I can go on all day about other companies!!! As a long time personal friend of mine says!!!

"I had been bitten by the snake to many times!!!" Team TQ

Just to kind of give you a idea of how well the X-ray car works. RCAmerica team drivers run there car Stock out of the box, MAYBE with the Exception of a top deck and tq's and wins first time out on the track at a national level race with the X-ray car. People say well they can win with any car... Where were they before they got the X-RAY? Team Dremmel has there A-Team guys running parts on there car that completely change the way the suspension works. I am pretty sure as long as you aren’t there Top paid drivers you will never see those parts on your car, or in person for that matter.

Juraj has been doing this ALOT longer than all of you! Juraj Hudy has been designing cars for longer than i have been alive! He is a perfectionist and only builds cars that are going to be Faster, Stronger, Easier to work on, EYE CANDY, better than any one elses product on the market, once again ETC ETC ETC.

People, my point is that it can be ALOOOOOOOOTTT worse than having your rear hub off by .2%. You could have bought a SPYDER!!! LOL. But that is a different story altogether. Please think twice when you guys get on a bandwagon to bash a product that is near perfect and out performs any other car on the market. You will never realize what you have until its lost!

disclaimer: Please understand that this is my own personal opinion, and that i mean no personal attacks to any particular person or company. Sorry I rambled on for as long as I did. It was my turn to vent

Keep up the good work X-ray!!!
Who said this was a joke??
1 degree is in fact .2778 % difference. So, he wasn't joking. ( as far as 1 degree is .2778% of 360deg) Glass half full or half empty? If you have 1 degree on one side, and 2 on the other, is it a 50% difference or 100% difference? Its really both. 2 degrees is 100% more than 1 degree. and 1 degree is 50% less than 2 degrees.
My car works great. Haven't even cared to check the difference.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
Umm...give reality a call someday, she misses you.

actual reality is that at the race he was refering to, of the fastest mod tc cars there "most" of them were out of the box, first time raced xrays, probably with the kit rear uprights, there were a couple hand made prototype losi cars that have been run at lots of races, an rdx and a tc4.......so what was so far off that he was saying ?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think he's either

A) looking for attention or,
B) missed the point that was trying to be said
Old 01-31-2006, 03:10 AM
Tech Addict

Guys what sizes of 64 pitch spur gears will fit the T2?
Old 01-31-2006, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It has been posted a 120 tooth 64 pitch spur is the largest you could install on the T2.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys, i wasnt trying to stir the pot on this issue, i was just trying to share my findings. I dont think everyones beef is that they can tell if the rear toe is a problem on the track... but for $400 bread... there should be no beef. Xray even offers "THE FINEST setup station" to racers, and that very station shows inconsistencies in their own design. If this "inconsequential" amount of toe was a non issue, then why even offer a setup station? Is it a sales gimmick to offer such a tuning tool?? Have we been lied to all along? Certainly not. All i was trying to do was share my findings... this way everyone INTERESTED could see if their T2 had the same problem. After all, if we never voice our issues, Xray will never know that there is a problem. I personally waited for the dust to settle before i even tried to build my T2. No parts, no spares...? Im already pissed off at one R/C car, i certainly dont wanna be mad at one i spent a 1:1 car payment on. Talk about putting a bad taste in your mouth before you could even chew...

I think it should also be noted that there is a definite difference in a driver that is looking for tenths of a lap, and a driver that is looking for LAPS. A driver that is looking for tenths of a lap WILL notice a rear toe issue... the car just will not feel right. Not everyone has the same amount of skill, or even pays that amount of attention/detail to this "hobby". But for those that do/dont, a little respect is deserved.

- DaveW
Old 01-31-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

The guys saying oh, i broke the track record on the first time out, surely if thats the case your track isnt so competitive as the fast guys will have wrenched for hours on end on their cars to get every last inch of performance out of them and will be able to wheel real good. To come with a brand new car and then take 9 seconds (as stated above) off a track record is something quite special, and no car can make that much difference...?
Old 01-31-2006, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Yanno, i bought the T2 because i wanted to know what made the car tick. So many people bought the FK05 and picked up a lap or so... but alot of those same people lost those laps at the car degraded from the use/abuse their previous cars went through. So one could say that maintenance and condition of a car could be as important as the actual geometry of it. Is the T2 a better car through superior design? Anyone that knows a little bit about suspension can tell you that there is a fine line between what works and what doesnt. I dont see Xray having some magical hold on setup or suspension design, i just see a car that has been refined 5X more than any other car on the market. People buying the car that has "all of the bugs worked out" will of course be faster... all of the hard work is done for them. It is still up to them to maintain, not only the lap times, but the car that gave those lap times. With that said, i dont see the "**", or any car as, special or extraordinary... in the end it comes down to the driver that wheels and maintains the car. I have however, also been known to be opinionated, and occasionally wrong.

- DaveW
Old 01-31-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by berger
The guys saying oh, i broke the track record on the first time out, surely if thats the case your track isnt so competitive as the fast guys will have wrenched for hours on end on their cars to get every last inch of performance out of them and will be able to wheel real good. To come with a brand new car and then take 9 seconds (as stated above) off a track record is something quite special, and no car can make that much difference...?
after using a losi then grabbing the xray... yes it can make that much of a difference... As for the " not so competative as the fast guys " i will admit we have a smaller following of TC here at our local track, but does that automatically mean we are slow? Plenty of fast guys have traveled to our local track ( Keith Trapp, Brandon Melton, John Tag, and Mike Lufaso just to name a few ) and the "local " fast guys arnt too far off the pace, if at all.

I personally have been out of serious RC racing for about 3 years, because of college. But i am making a serious return, and after bashing around with my jrx-s and it just simply not doing what i wanted i moved to xray. This car does what i need it to do. The xray was everybit as fast as my losi right out of the box, which had hours and hours of time put into it and alot of self modifications as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.