R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2006, 02:26 PM   #2446
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Posts: 43
Default

About the "team drivers not splitting chassies", Jilles broke one at DHI Cup...
Morrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:50 PM   #2447
Tech Master
 
smyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Broad Brook,CT
Posts: 1,182
Send a message via AIM to smyka
Default

just to let everyone know i wil have the crc top plates at the snow birds they will sell for 23.99 so if you are in orlando and want one come see me i will be pitting behind the left side of the drivers stand


mark smyka
__________________
Trinity, Proline ,EA motorsports, T.O.P Racing ,Futaba ,Bsr Racing tires ,Advantage racing products,Hot Bodies racing,Tq Wire ,REDS Racing, Orca ,Protoform racing
smyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:55 PM   #2448
Tech Master
 
Soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Littleton, CO - USA
Posts: 1,708
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Anyone seem to notice we didn't have so many problems when TCs cost about $250.00 ???

Now we pay $400.00+ and get rewarded with what??? Rushed product to make a quick buck, no parts support, etc.

Hopefully someday we'll see these spiraling costs come under control and some sanity returns to the market.

Although as long as folks are eager to gobble up the latest and greatest without question, the companies will be more than happy to ablidge.
__________________
"You don't get hurt racing little cars..."

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #2449
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,046
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Anyone seem to notice we didn't have so many problems when TCs cost about $250.00 ???

Now we pay $400.00+ and get rewarded with what??? Rushed product to make a quick buck, no parts support, etc.

Hopefully someday we'll see these spiraling costs come under control and some sanity returns to the market.

Although as long as folks are eager to gobble up the latest and greatest without question, the companies will be more than happy to ablidge.
I don't think that it was a lack of problems so much as a lack of a public forum to vent about them...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #2450
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,772
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Its the chassis on my car. I did the caliper test and its off by like .9mm or something.
__________________
Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - RocheUSA - MonTech - Sanwa - BSR Racing Tires - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:55 PM   #2451
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
anyone wanna sell one cheap WITH the messed up rearend?
LoL! any luck with that???
AJ Goin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:36 PM   #2452
Tech Fanatic
 
HRCRACER123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Just to remind everyone here is the statement from X-Ray:

XRAY Announcement on T2 Rear Uprights

Due to a specific moulding/manufacturing process of the rear uprights with integrated toe-in and the involved production tolerances in the moulding process, some of the composite T2 uprights may not have a perfect 1 integrated toe-in. The difference range is within 0.2 which means the toe-in angle may be between 0.8~1.0 on one side and 1.0~1.2 on the other side of the car.

XRAY has been investigating the moulding production process and the moulding design to come up with a solution, which will be incorporated into the next production batch to miminize any discrepancy and to achieve as precise a 1 toe-in setting as possible within the next production batches.

If you experience not an equal rear toe-in follow this simple tip that will help you to set as equal rear toe-in as possible:
Use the shims included in the "Last Aid" bag which you will find in your kit and insert a shim between the rear suspension holder and the left rear bulkhead. You should use a shim within the 0.2~0.4 range depending on the rear toe-in value you desire. To check your rear toe-in you may use the HUDY Set-up System

We appologize for any inconvenience and hope you will enjoy the highest performance of the T2.

They are clearly blaming it on the rear hubs!! Now people are saying it is in the chassis holes. This is crazy. I think X-Ray is trying to cover up a huge mistake by blaming it on the rear hubs. Knowing that it clearly is not in the rear hubs as per peoples findings. I think X-Ray should step up and stop dancing around the subject.

They should come out with another statement. Just saying that the holes in the chassis are not perfect. That would make me happy. BE HONEST. Dont try to BS us.
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #2453
Tech Regular
 
Ill Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Cali
Posts: 489
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Just to remind everyone here is the statement from X-Ray:

XRAY Announcement on T2 Rear Uprights

Due to a specific moulding/manufacturing process of the rear uprights with integrated toe-in and the involved production tolerances in the moulding process, some of the composite T2 uprights may not have a perfect 1 integrated toe-in. The difference range is within 0.2 which means the toe-in angle may be between 0.8~1.0 on one side and 1.0~1.2 on the other side of the car.

XRAY has been investigating the moulding production process and the moulding design to come up with a solution, which will be incorporated into the next production batch to miminize any discrepancy and to achieve as precise a 1 toe-in setting as possible within the next production batches.

If you experience not an equal rear toe-in follow this simple tip that will help you to set as equal rear toe-in as possible:
Use the shims included in the "Last Aid" bag which you will find in your kit and insert a shim between the rear suspension holder and the left rear bulkhead. You should use a shim within the 0.2~0.4 range depending on the rear toe-in value you desire. To check your rear toe-in you may use the HUDY Set-up System

We appologize for any inconvenience and hope you will enjoy the highest performance of the T2.

They are clearly blaming it on the rear hubs!! Now people are saying it is in the chassis holes. This is crazy. I think X-Ray is trying to cover up a huge mistake by blaming it on the rear hubs. Knowing that it clearly is not in the rear hubs as per peoples findings. I think X-Ray should step up and stop dancing around the subject.

They should come out with another statement. Just saying that the holes in the chassis are not perfect. That would make me happy. BE HONEST. Dont try to BS us.

Careful we no longer live in a country were freedom of speech is acceptable.
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:56 PM   #2454
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW
OK, i dunno if this has already been covered, but what i have read seems most are seeing the rear toe issue in the hubs? On my car its the chassis. Simple test... get a piece of paper and a ruler and a pencil. You can strip your chassis completely apart, but isnt necessary for this test. Lay your chassis on the piece of paper with the rear bulkheads mounted, but nothing assembled on the top side, no shock tower mount no top plate, ETC. Use your calipers and measure the distance between the two halves at the front and back and take note if they are NOT the same... the rear of the rear bulkheads are farther apart on my car 1mm than the front of the rear bulkheads. Now the only square section of the chassis to measure for comparison is the sides, to see which side is actually off... the left or right of the rear bulkhead. The sides do not extend far enough to take a measure from the bulkhead F/R to the outside flat of the chassis, so you use the ruler and the piece of paper to "extend" the sides of the chassis to get a measure from each bulkhead to the line drawn. This difference when compared to the centerline of the chassis will tell you if both sides are off, or if it is actually only one side that is off. Basically it looks as if the chassis moved as they were drilling the holes for the rear bulkheads to mount. The left bulkhead is about .6mm off from the center, and the right bulkhead is about .4mm off from the center (on my car). The front half of the bulkheads are centered with the center of the chassis... but separate gradually going back, they basically add toe, but unevenly L/R. I found no irregularities in my rear hubs. They add identical toe when compared to the arm only.

To be sure, i measured thickness of the bulkheads and that each screw hole in the bulkheads were centered... otherwise this test would be flawed. Im sure if everyone else took a few minutes to check their cars we could nail this issue, and inform Xray so they could take care of it accordingly.

Hope this helps in some way...

- DaveW
All hail DaveW. So Dave, when does your helicopter arive?
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #2455
Tech Master
 
Rob Phillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis / VA
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I believe Xray will find the problem and correct it, but the public's patience is always thin. I have faith they will do the right thing. Now is it the chassis or the Hub, the workd may never know.
__________________
Team Durango | TrakPower | DE Racing | Futaba | Restricted Paint Worx

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #2456
Tech Fanatic
 
HRCRACER123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Factor
Careful we no longer live in a country were freedom of speech is acceptable.
I know I better watch what I say. I don't want the X-Ray police coming after me.
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #2457
Tech Master
 
Rob Phillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis / VA
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Funny, I just bought one Sunday
__________________
Team Durango | TrakPower | DE Racing | Futaba | Restricted Paint Worx

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:20 PM   #2458
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Now we pay $400.00+ and get rewarded with what??? Rushed product to make a quick buck, no parts support, etc.

Hopefully someday we'll see these spiraling costs come under control and some sanity returns to the market.

Although as long as folks are eager to gobble up the latest and greatest without question, the companies will be more than happy to ablidge.

I've been saying this for some time now.
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:21 PM   #2459
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
I know I better watch what I say. I don't want the X-Ray police coming after me.
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:23 PM   #2460
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,046
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Just to remind everyone here is the statement from X-Ray:

XRAY Announcement on T2 Rear Uprights

Due to a specific moulding/manufacturing process of the rear uprights with integrated toe-in and the involved production tolerances in the moulding process, some of the composite T2 uprights may not have a perfect 1 integrated toe-in. The difference range is within 0.2 which means the toe-in angle may be between 0.8~1.0 on one side and 1.0~1.2 on the other side of the car.

XRAY has been investigating the moulding production process and the moulding design to come up with a solution, which will be incorporated into the next production batch to miminize any discrepancy and to achieve as precise a 1 toe-in setting as possible within the next production batches.

If you experience not an equal rear toe-in follow this simple tip that will help you to set as equal rear toe-in as possible:
Use the shims included in the "Last Aid" bag which you will find in your kit and insert a shim between the rear suspension holder and the left rear bulkhead. You should use a shim within the 0.2~0.4 range depending on the rear toe-in value you desire. To check your rear toe-in you may use the HUDY Set-up System

We appologize for any inconvenience and hope you will enjoy the highest performance of the T2.

They are clearly blaming it on the rear hubs!! Now people are saying it is in the chassis holes. This is crazy. I think X-Ray is trying to cover up a huge mistake by blaming it on the rear hubs. Knowing that it clearly is not in the rear hubs as per peoples findings. I think X-Ray should step up and stop dancing around the subject.

They should come out with another statement. Just saying that the holes in the chassis are not perfect. That would make me happy. BE HONEST. Dont try to BS us.
Public outcry caused them to investigate the hubs, which they reported are within production tolerances of plus or minus 0.2*

Xray was not tryng to indicate that this is where the issue was...public perception said that the hubs needed to be adressed, and Xray did just that. I'm sure they are testing other components as well, and when a definitive answer is found they will let it be known. The solution isn't cut and dried though, as not every kit suffers from the issue.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:06 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net