R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-29-2006, 08:23 PM   #2386
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
wow, didnt realize i was being so outspoken. Lots of people have mentioned the same things.

This is a public forum, I am expressing my opinions. If you look back you will see I have already said I LOVE this car.

That said, there are several issues which I feel are unaceptable given the xray warranty and the marketing claims.

>>I have ordered a new a top deck to counter tweak on an untweakable car.

>>I have shimmed the hubs that are "within manufacturing tollerances"

>>I bought a second kit for spares.

I just don't think that I should have had to do any of those.

I know i didn't HAVE to. I did, it was my choice given the circumstances.

Part of my job covers supply line implementation, sourcing, logistics of complex technology products from proto to mass production.

So please do not tell me how hard this is.

Its just project management.
I agree with you totally!!
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:47 PM   #2387
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
For the rest of you, I tried Tamale 1 degree rear hubs today, and the toe is still not even, so looks like its not the hubs.
Oh Man.. That sucks sooo bad. I was actually wishing it was in the hubs this way it would be a pretty simple fix. But I guess not.

X-Ray really screwed this one up. Now they are actually lying to there customers saying its in the hubs when its not. Whats wrong with them.

And to boot I was racing today with my FK'05 and had a sick glitch and hit the board pretty hard and SPLIT THE F*UCKIN CHASSIS IN THE FRONT. And no I am not using a Pdub bumper and the chassis was preped and all countersunk holes on the bottom were ca'ed. This is bull sh*t. I am really like feeling X-Ray right now.
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:50 PM   #2388
Tech Rookie

All good gears.
JWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #2389
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
And to boot I was racing today with my FK'05 and had a sick glitch and hit the board pretty hard and SPLIT THE F*UCKIN CHASSIS IN THE FRONT. And no I am not using a Pdub bumper and the chassis was preped and all countersunk holes on the bottom were ca'ed. This is bull sh*t. I am really like feeling X-Ray right now.
So its Xray's fault for your radio geting a "sick glitch and hitting the board pretty hard" that split your chassis?

Why the hell is it not your Radio's fault for glitching? Or your track for having walls to hard?

And yea I am real sure that Xray LIED to customers on purpose....If its not the hubs then I am sure they will figure out what it is and take care of it. Remember when the thrust were bad? They took care of that pronto and gave out free replacements....

Some guys are way to quick to point blame and jump the gun about stuff.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #2390
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Actually....

Xray said that the hubs were within production tolerances.....
ChrisP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:08 PM   #2391
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For all you people that are pissing and moaning about this car. I have a good idea why don't you put in a form of a email and send it to customer service at RC America or Xray. I think people would like to come to this thread and find out about set up tips and what not. Not read a bunch of bs on how you suck at driving or radio glitchs and you broke your car and there no parts to buy bla bla bla bitch bitch cry cry cry.

Sure some may have questions about problems that may have been address on here so there is nothing wrong asking about issues with the car but when you have 5 or so guys constantly bitching about the car every freakin day it gets old as hell GET RID OF THE FREAKIN CAR ALREADY AND GO BUY A KITE!!!! so we don't have to read you stupid cry baby posts anymore

Thank You
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:08 PM   #2392
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWerks
All good gears.

I have PM'ed you with some questions, have you received it?

Thanks

Korgae
Old 01-29-2006, 10:09 PM   #2393
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123

X-Ray really screwed this one up. Now they are actually lying to there customers saying its in the hubs when its not. Whats wrong with them.
Xray never said it was in the hubs.Someone else did on this forum and others ran with it.
ChrisP is right...Xray did say the hubs were within production tolerances...
Twin-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:17 PM   #2394
Tech Apprentice

It's difficult to determine what is wrong with the back end of the car. Mine was out alot on the left side. I put a .75mm shim in to fix it. (Yes, it was out that much). I spent an entire day trying to figure whats wrong...and I can't find it . I don't think it's all in the hubs. I'm starting to think it could be hole position in the chassis. I know X-Ray is working on it.

I'll tell you this. I didn't feel any effect of the extra shim in the back. I was able to better my best time over the 05 with the T2 on it's second run on the track. ( I could 've gone faster but our walls are on the hard side and parts are a issue right now). The car carries corner speed like mad. I really like this car. I find it easier to drive than the 05.

Another little tip. If you can't get the CRC top plate, I cut up an old graphite T-plate from the T-fource and screwed the stock top deck together in the existing holes on the top deck. This made the car much stiffer. Not as stiff as the new plate from CRC, but stiff enough.
Twin 1 Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:36 PM   #2395
Tech Rookie

PM'd you back Korgae
Old 01-29-2006, 10:38 PM   #2396
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hmmm.... everyone (that I could find) said the T2 is faster than their 05's already... but they got screwed cause the rear toe isnt even... even if they cant feel it on the track and its faster they still got the shaft
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:46 PM   #2397
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Another thing I think it could be it the holes on the a arms for the hinge pins could not be perfectly in line with each other so that would also add rear to as well. Or not. What I really don't undersyand about the whole thing is that the factory drivers are getting the same kits from Slovakia just like the rest of the people and they are winning with the car so maybe that is the way the car is supose to be.

Don't tell me that they get a different car cuase that is crap all the molded parts are made for everyone. The only time you see different parts are on prototype cars or on factory driver's JRXS's
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:59 PM   #2398
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris08527
where can we get the j-werks spurs???
You can purchase our spur gears at www.allspeedhobbies.com.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:04 PM   #2399
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I find it humerous so many X-Zombies were SOOOOO stoked the T2 was coming out that they sold their '05s and such, only to be stuck with a flawed car and no parts support.

Glad I missed that bus.

Oh...and Britracer...don't let the man keep ya down!!! Say what you feel.

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #2400
Tech Rookie

All our gears are laser engraved. You can see the logo mark and spur number under light with a 45 degree angle. We will also expend our product line with 116t and up in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing
In no way was my posts directed at anyone in particular so Chris please do not think I was responding to you personally.

The one J-Werks spur we have here does not have a tooth number stamped or engraved. This may be something they have changed and we wound up with an earlier version. Thanks for the update on the tooth number.

I have also heard many good thing about the stock 48 pitch gears that come with the T2.