R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2006, 08:20 AM   #2311
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptjonesus
have anyone heard anything on the parts for the T2 .It bad to have a great car and all you can do is set on the side line.
Rc America will be recieving their second shipment which will be cars and parts on Wednesday. They will probably be shipping out to vendors on Friday or Monday. Hope that helps.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:27 AM   #2312
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: san leandro ca.
Posts: 260
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

It just means one more weekend of no racing.
ptjonesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #2313
Tech Elite
 
Chris08527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 732
Posts: 2,154
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

any ideas so far as to what may be brittle on the car and what spares to stock up on???
__________________
"Hello How 'bout that ride in? I guess thats why they call it Sin City." Alan Garner~"I play the drums, I'm good as hell" Richie Rich
Chris08527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #2314
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris08527
any ideas so far as to what may be brittle on the car and what spares to stock up on???
I don't have my car yet, But I raced with Steve McNichols and Jarrod scott, who did have their T2's, at the FSEARA race last weekend. J-rod did not damage a thing with a few brushes with other cars/pipes. Steve had a few pretty hard hits in Mod and only tweaked a front axle shaft. No breakage at all. He was running a P-Dub bumper. I believe that was the difference between mass carnage and a bent axle. From what I have seen, the car is very durable. If you were going to order some parts in the event of some extremely hard crashes, I am thinking c-hubs and rear hubs (which they have in 1 and 2 degree). Axle shafts if you are running a spool, and maybe one set of spare towers. I have seen a few people that were running the lower/outer camber link hole break the tower in what must have been a really hard side hit on a pipe or wall. Maybe one set of spare arms just in case. These are the things I ordered with my car.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:21 AM   #2315
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Rc America will be recieving their second shipment which will be cars and parts on Wednesday. They will probably be shipping out to vendors on Friday or Monday. Hope that helps.
Just before the snowbirds, dont think they could have made it an closer to the wire....
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #2316
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I am sure the on site hobby shop will have parts. You have to understand, there is so much demand for this car and parts. The Hobby shops got their cars before alot of the Team Drivers did because there is so much demand.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #2317
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 12
Default

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XRAY Announcement on T2 Rear Uprights

Due to a specific moulding/manufacturing process of the rear uprights with integrated toe-in and the involved production tolerances in the moulding process, some of the composite T2 uprights may not have a perfect 1 integrated toe-in. The difference range is within 0.2 which means the toe-in angle may be between 0.8~1.0 on one side and 1.0~1.2 on the other side of the car.

XRAY has been investigating the moulding production process and the moulding design to come up with a solution, which will be incorporated into the next production batch to miminize any discrepancy and to achieve as precise a 1 toe-in setting as possible within the next production batches.

If you experience not an equal rear toe-in follow this simple tip that will help you to set as equal rear toe-in as possible:
Use the shims included in the "Last Aid" bag which you will find in your kit and insert a shim between the rear suspension holder and the left rear bulkhead. You should use a shim within the 0.2~0.4 range depending on the rear toe-in value you desire. To check your rear toe-in you may use the HUDY Set-up System

We appologize for any inconvenience and hope you will enjoy the highest performance of the T2.
casper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:45 AM   #2318
Tech Regular
 
Ill Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Cali
Posts: 489
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XRAY Announcement on T2 Rear Uprights

Due to a specific moulding/manufacturing process of the rear uprights with integrated toe-in and the involved production tolerances in the moulding process, some of the composite T2 uprights may not have a perfect 1 integrated toe-in. The difference range is within 0.2 which means the toe-in angle may be between 0.8~1.0 on one side and 1.0~1.2 on the other side of the car.

XRAY has been investigating the moulding production process and the moulding design to come up with a solution, which will be incorporated into the next production batch to miminize any discrepancy and to achieve as precise a 1 toe-in setting as possible within the next production batches.

If you experience not an equal rear toe-in follow this simple tip that will help you to set as equal rear toe-in as possible:
Use the shims included in the "Last Aid" bag which you will find in your kit and insert a shim between the rear suspension holder and the left rear bulkhead. You should use a shim within the 0.2~0.4 range depending on the rear toe-in value you desire. To check your rear toe-in you may use the HUDY Set-up System

We appologize for any inconvenience and hope you will enjoy the highest performance of the T2.


I'm sorry but this isnt acceptable. WHy do the guys that bought there cars early get screwed. RC America should step to the plate and replace ALL defective parts as the warranty states. I assume since XRay is now aware that the would be willing to honor the warranty.

I'm not sure that XRay understands the meaning of Guarantee & Warranty.

They Guaranteed the car was untweakable. This is stated on the XRay website. According to allot of you we have found this not true.

They warranty states that XRay Guarantees the kit to be warranteed against all manufacturer defects within the 1st 30 days. This is clearly a manufacturer defect.

I WANT THE CORRECTED PARTS AS THE WARRANTY STATES. Nothing less is acceptable
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:49 AM   #2319
Tech Addict
 
Gael L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 736
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Factor
I WANT THE CORRECTED PARTS AS THE WARRANTY STATES. Nothing less is acceptable

Agreed
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:51 AM   #2320
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

just posted this in the xray forum

As per the warranty with the T2, and with the announcement of manufacturing defects, how do we get our replacement rear hubs for the T2?

Would a photocopy of the sales receipt and warranty be OK?

Looking forward to hearing back.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:58 AM   #2321
Tech Regular
 
Ill Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Cali
Posts: 489
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
just posted this in the xray forum

As per the warranty with the T2, and with the announcement of manufacturing defects, how do we get our replacement rear hubs for the T2?

Would a photocopy of the sales receipt and warranty be OK?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks brit. There shouldnt really be any question.
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #2322
Tech Regular
 
tofuburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 339
Default

i think you all need to calm down. for those who have owned x-rays before now that xray and rc america go well beyond what normal companys do. they know they have an issue with the mold and are going to fix it. i would think once they fix the problem they will let us know what they are going to do. it is pointless to complain and ask for new parts when they havent fixed the problem.
__________________
Larry "Chef LT" Tom
StickIt1Racing.com
HobbyAction.com
tofuburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:18 PM   #2323
Tech Regular
 
Ill Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Cali
Posts: 489
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Well I raced the T2 for the 1st time today, TQ and 1st on her maiden voyage. However all is not good, the chassis started to split underneath the motor, so that's one more thing I am going need to have warranteed. This was in 19t with the chassis presealed. Anyone else had this happen?
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:44 PM   #2324
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,046
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

the Jwerks spurs really do work nicely.....

The workmanship was nice and clean...no burrs, no shavings....nice machining on the Delrin..It was nice that there was enough thickness on the spur to get a good solid contact with the pinion too for strength..... It ran nice and smooth, quiet and true on my car last night...

Juan wasn't just blowing smoke....nice product
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:39 PM   #2325
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuburger
i think you all need to calm down. for those who have owned x-rays before now that xray and rc america go well beyond what normal companys do. they know they have an issue with the mold and are going to fix it. i would think once they fix the problem they will let us know what they are going to do. it is pointless to complain and ask for new parts when they havent fixed the problem.
ok, but i think you have to understand the stack up of fustrations, from tweaking, parts availability, hubs, etc

Each on their own may not seem much, but you trying spending $850 on an untweakable car and spares, and lets see how you would feel.

In their announcement, they make no mention of switching out hubs for customers, they do mention shimming as the solution. This does not sound like a good solution for a "luxury touring car"
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:28 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net