R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-28-2006, 08:20 AM   #2311
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptjonesus
have anyone heard anything on the parts for the T2 .It bad to have a great car and all you can do is set on the side line.
Rc America will be recieving their second shipment which will be cars and parts on Wednesday. They will probably be shipping out to vendors on Friday or Monday. Hope that helps.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:27 AM   #2312
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It just means one more weekend of no racing.
ptjonesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #2313
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

any ideas so far as to what may be brittle on the car and what spares to stock up on???
Old 01-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #2314
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris08527
any ideas so far as to what may be brittle on the car and what spares to stock up on???
I don't have my car yet, But I raced with Steve McNichols and Jarrod scott, who did have their T2's, at the FSEARA race last weekend. J-rod did not damage a thing with a few brushes with other cars/pipes. Steve had a few pretty hard hits in Mod and only tweaked a front axle shaft. No breakage at all. He was running a P-Dub bumper. I believe that was the difference between mass carnage and a bent axle. From what I have seen, the car is very durable. If you were going to order some parts in the event of some extremely hard crashes, I am thinking c-hubs and rear hubs (which they have in 1 and 2 degree). Axle shafts if you are running a spool, and maybe one set of spare towers. I have seen a few people that were running the lower/outer camber link hole break the tower in what must have been a really hard side hit on a pipe or wall. Maybe one set of spare arms just in case. These are the things I ordered with my car.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:21 AM   #2315
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Rc America will be recieving their second shipment which will be cars and parts on Wednesday. They will probably be shipping out to vendors on Friday or Monday. Hope that helps.
Just before the snowbirds, dont think they could have made it an closer to the wire....
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #2316
Tech Master

I am sure the on site hobby shop will have parts. You have to understand, there is so much demand for this car and parts. The Hobby shops got their cars before alot of the Team Drivers did because there is so much demand.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #2317
Tech Rookie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XRAY Announcement on T2 Rear Uprights

Due to a specific moulding/manufacturing process of the rear uprights with integrated toe-in and the involved production tolerances in the moulding process, some of the composite T2 uprights may not have a perfect 1 integrated toe-in. The difference range is within 0.2 which means the toe-in angle may be between 0.8~1.0 on one side and 1.0~1.2 on the other side of the car.

XRAY has been investigating the moulding production process and the moulding design to come up with a solution, which will be incorporated into the next production batch to miminize any discrepancy and to achieve as precise a 1 toe-in setting as possible within the next production batches.

If you experience not an equal rear toe-in follow this simple tip that will help you to set as equal rear toe-in as possible:
Use the shims included in the "Last Aid" bag which you will find in your kit and insert a shim between the rear suspension holder and the left rear bulkhead. You should use a shim within the 0.2~0.4 range depending on the rear toe-in value you desire. To check your rear toe-in you may use the HUDY Set-up System

We appologize for any inconvenience and hope you will enjoy the highest performance of the T2.
casper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:45 AM   #2318
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XRAY Announcement on T2 Rear Uprights

Due to a specific moulding/manufacturing process of the rear uprights with integrated toe-in and the involved production tolerances in the moulding process, some of the composite T2 uprights may not have a perfect 1 integrated toe-in. The difference range is within 0.2 which means the toe-in angle may be between 0.8~1.0 on one side and 1.0~1.2 on the other side of the car.

XRAY has been investigating the moulding production process and the moulding design to come up with a solution, which will be incorporated into the next production batch to miminize any discrepancy and to achieve as precise a 1 toe-in setting as possible within the next production batches.

If you experience not an equal rear toe-in follow this simple tip that will help you to set as equal rear toe-in as possible:
Use the shims included in the "Last Aid" bag which you will find in your kit and insert a shim between the rear suspension holder and the left rear bulkhead. You should use a shim within the 0.2~0.4 range depending on the rear toe-in value you desire. To check your rear toe-in you may use the HUDY Set-up System

We appologize for any inconvenience and hope you will enjoy the highest performance of the T2.

I'm sorry but this isnt acceptable. WHy do the guys that bought there cars early get screwed. RC America should step to the plate and replace ALL defective parts as the warranty states. I assume since XRay is now aware that the would be willing to honor the warranty.

I'm not sure that XRay understands the meaning of Guarantee & Warranty.

They Guaranteed the car was untweakable. This is stated on the XRay website. According to allot of you we have found this not true.

They warranty states that XRay Guarantees the kit to be warranteed against all manufacturer defects within the 1st 30 days. This is clearly a manufacturer defect.

I WANT THE CORRECTED PARTS AS THE WARRANTY STATES. Nothing less is acceptable
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:49 AM   #2319
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Factor
I WANT THE CORRECTED PARTS AS THE WARRANTY STATES. Nothing less is acceptable

Agreed
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:51 AM   #2320
Tech Elite

just posted this in the xray forum

As per the warranty with the T2, and with the announcement of manufacturing defects, how do we get our replacement rear hubs for the T2?

Would a photocopy of the sales receipt and warranty be OK?

Looking forward to hearing back.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:58 AM   #2321
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
just posted this in the xray forum

As per the warranty with the T2, and with the announcement of manufacturing defects, how do we get our replacement rear hubs for the T2?

Would a photocopy of the sales receipt and warranty be OK?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks brit. There shouldnt really be any question.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #2322
Tech Regular

i think you all need to calm down. for those who have owned x-rays before now that xray and rc america go well beyond what normal companys do. they know they have an issue with the mold and are going to fix it. i would think once they fix the problem they will let us know what they are going to do. it is pointless to complain and ask for new parts when they havent fixed the problem.
tofuburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:18 PM   #2323
Tech Regular

Well I raced the T2 for the 1st time today, TQ and 1st on her maiden voyage. However all is not good, the chassis started to split underneath the motor, so that's one more thing I am going need to have warranteed. This was in 19t with the chassis presealed. Anyone else had this happen?
Old 01-28-2006, 05:44 PM   #2324
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys,

the Jwerks spurs really do work nicely.....

The workmanship was nice and clean...no burrs, no shavings....nice machining on the Delrin..It was nice that there was enough thickness on the spur to get a good solid contact with the pinion too for strength..... It ran nice and smooth, quiet and true on my car last night...

Juan wasn't just blowing smoke....nice product
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:39 PM   #2325
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuburger
i think you all need to calm down. for those who have owned x-rays before now that xray and rc america go well beyond what normal companys do. they know they have an issue with the mold and are going to fix it. i would think once they fix the problem they will let us know what they are going to do. it is pointless to complain and ask for new parts when they havent fixed the problem.
ok, but i think you have to understand the stack up of fustrations, from tweaking, parts availability, hubs, etc

Each on their own may not seem much, but you trying spending $850 on an untweakable car and spares, and lets see how you would feel.

In their announcement, they make no mention of switching out hubs for customers, they do mention shimming as the solution. This does not sound like a good solution for a "luxury touring car"