R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2006, 12:25 PM   #2236
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I just ordered like 20 packages of parts for my car (not a T2) and I thought of all you XRay guys with your super-glued arms and shock towers. I could almost see your sad little faces as they told me all my stuff would be shipped this afternoon. Hope your spare parts come soon.
Im sorry to hear that, maybe someday you can get a T2, then you wont need to order 20 packages of parts, just two or three like us......
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #2237
Tech Rookie

Hi

I ordered my T2 over two weeks ago, but still no sign of it at my LHS, whats the score in the UK, is the delay due to demand or are they trying to sort the rear toe in issues before they despatch anymore kits

Mike
casper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:44 PM   #2238
Tech Elite

huge demand.....there is a thread at teamxray.com about the hub issue.

No official response. I have had no issues.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:27 PM   #2239
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to nmt6789

Could someone tell me what size wrenches are needed for the T2?
nmt6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #2240
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmt6789
Could someone tell me what size wrenches are needed for the T2?
They are in the thread, here ya go.

1.5mm, 2.0mm, 3.0mm hex wrenches

7.0mm nut driver

Those are the min. I have all Hudy tools and also got the 2.5mm ball hex for motors, and 1/16 for pinions.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #2241
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

hey guys i have more info on top decks they will be cut tonight and i will have some at the snow birds and frank calandra from crc will be selling them on his online store they will sell for 23.99 and it includes the top deck and screws ..
Old 01-25-2006, 01:30 PM   #2242
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka
hey guys i have more info on top decks they will be cut tonight and i will have some at the snow birds and frank calandra from crc will be selling them on his online store they will sell for 23.99 and it includes the top deck and screws ..
I take it this top deck is geared toward carpet racers? Any perceived benefit for us asphalt racers?
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:35 PM   #2243
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryCraig
i have watched the forums here and on the xray site about parts availabilty, and after trying to stay silent about the issue and not get caught up in the mix, i find i have to say something.... Personally i just switched to Xray after beign with the same manufacture for over 5 years. And i find it unnerving that people have the audacity to complain about parts availabilty and/or broken parts. The car i dropped to go to xray was sold, with no parts availabilty, while the team drivers had a TOTALLY different " prototype " of the car i just baught... yay... not to mention over a YEAR after buying the car a one way was FINALLY released... that was NOT in stock for over 3 months.... It took atleast 6 months for new ARMS to be made cause the stock positions werent even being used by most people. So if you think you have it rough with Xray ... think again... atleast the car is super competative out of the box, with MAYBE one upgrade.. instead of well you need to add this, and get these and.. oh we now have new arms out to replace these, and this that and the other. I baught my old car thinking i wouldnt need anything else, come to find out im struggling to be competative with a car , out of the box ( which was SUPPOSED to be competative out of the box ) and finding myself driving the car over the ragged edge all the time just to keep up. And if it did break, welp i was done, unless i could grab a part from another kit that someone had sittin on the shelf ( which happened more than once ) and this was 6 months AFTER its release mind you.

I do totally understand peoples frustration with buying a car, and breaking it and having to shelf it, i can totally understand that, but you took a risk and it bit you. I for one am glad the car came out first, instead of beign teased by parts on a shelf and no kit. If i broke my T2 tomorrow id be seriously bummed out, and i too would be frustrated, but i wouldnt blame Xray. Id blame myself or my notorious bad luck for it. They have went above and beyond what most companies do to make a "complete kit". Hell RCamerica even tossed in free foams. This car compaired to others is leaps and bounds ahead of any other. its quality, its fit, its ease of maintenance, and its drivabilty are top notch. You are given a spring chart, gearing chart for both 48 AND 64 pitch gears, a setup book, 2 setup sheets, EVERY non adjustable shock piston they offer + the adjustable ones, hell even a SHIM KIT for extra adjustments.

Im sorry for you guys that have broken T2's i really am, and i feel for you. To drive a car that great and now watch it sit on the shelf, it sucks major wang, but for the effort put into the kit already, i think i can tolerate this one small set back, that WILL be rectified in time. To me its more important to see that someone actually tried thier best to but out a FULLY competative car out of the box car, and give you all the information to do the best you can with it. I dont know of any other manufacture who can match that... at all. Kudos, Xray and the Xray team. I will patiently wait for my spares because the car is too damn good to get mad at it or xray
Ralph Burch wants you to give him a call at:
(214) 744 2400.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #2244
Tech Regular

Quote:
Nice, now can Frank do a few Chub and steering blocks? i need these for my backup supply
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:52 PM   #2245
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter

Funny how you love to make this a manufactuerer's battle....Geez...
Chuck!!... Are we going to see you at mimis in March... uhhhmmmm
Old 01-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #2246
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

What up CHUCK!!!!!! It looks like I will be there..hopefully..lot of races to attend. Would love to be there....CHUCK!!!

Butter

P.S. I saved your Taco Bell for you man!!! LOL!!
Old 01-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #2247
Tech Rookie

i can not see this top deck being usefull in out door raceing but i do not run on rubber tires so i really cant tell you . but you never know
fastguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #2248
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to CoryCraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Ralph Burch wants you to give him a call at:
(214) 744 2400.
you have a PM
CoryCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 03:48 PM   #2249
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Any pic yet? will it be full or slotted?

Thanx.
J@UNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:49 PM   #2250
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Durability

For those of you using this car, how durable is it? Im a hack that occasionally gets lucky enough to win a race or two but also seem to break a lot with my Pro4. Im interested in this car but I am worried about parts availability.

What parts seem to break most often?

Another unrelated question. Is appears there is some piece of aluminum on the battery side that is rounded. Would that piece of aluminum prevent a lipo battery such as the platinum 4800 from fitting into the car?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote