R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2006, 08:37 AM   #2191
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: endicott new york
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
For the guys sitting there with broken T2's and sad faces, you could always work on precision mousing skills while you're bored with nothing to do.

Mouse Precision Game
dam game!
zinger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:03 AM   #2192
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
For the guys sitting there with broken T2's and sad faces, you could always work on precision mousing skills while you're bored with nothing to do.

Mouse Precision Game
DAMN IT...dont touch the walls!! I think I messed in my pants!!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:11 AM   #2193
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Guys, whining for parts really gets boring and it is also pathetic. You are adults deal with it... Your car is broken? Can't get it fixed? Then go have some fun with your family they will appreciate it

Coming here to throw shit at Xray don't make the plane/customs/distributon etc any faster.
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:17 AM   #2194
Tech Addict
 
slotcarrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada
Posts: 514
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I crashed the living crap out of mine over the last three weeks and have not broken anything! Touch wood! The only thing I broke was the molded sway bar ball, when I was twisting the ball cup off. Other than that the car is tough, and I love it! It got me a TQ in 19T and a win in stock over the weekend. Thanks for the power Brood and SMC!

ps: We have two T2's in stock at PM Hobbycraft in Calgary Alberta Canada. $519.99 CDN. If you guys want a kit for parts?
__________________
It's been said that politics is the second oldest profession, it bares a great similarity to the first.

Rod Littau
slotcarrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:30 AM   #2195
Tech Elite
 
ALBERTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
Posts: 2,986
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to ALBERTO Send a message via Yahoo to ALBERTO
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01
Guys, whining for parts really gets boring and it is also pathetic. You are adults deal with it... Your car is broken? Can't get it fixed? Then go have some fun with your family they will appreciate it

Coming here to throw shit at Xray don't make the plane/customs/distributon etc any faster.
it just the way we are..... we want what we want and there just no stopping us. as for family im an orphin and have none do any rich familys want to adopt a thirty four year old whiner with a broken xray
__________________
still fishing
ALBERTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:30 AM   #2196
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
I did the same thing, wonder if this is going to be an issue with this car, I have never heard of anyone breaking a shock before
This means you have never raced an Xray or raced against one. Its pretty comon to have the plastic shock body break. The aluminum shock bodies was the 1ST upgrade I made for my Xray cars.
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #2197
Tech Champion
 
lbckevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,528
Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)
Default

I have raced with my Xray for over a year and never broke a shock or even seen any of the dozen Xrays at out track break a shock.

I broke the plastic front blades and one 2mm chassis. Thats it.
__________________
Kevin Smith
Hobbywing * Pro-Line * MIP * Paint Monster
lbckevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:53 AM   #2198
Tech Regular
 
Joep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
I did the same thing, wonder if this is going to be an issue with this car, I have never heard of anyone breaking a shock before
I did! Somebody drove into me an my shock of my FK'05 was gone. But it is rare. BTW the shocks of a T1 fit without a problem!
__________________
Xray T3 for dry and Xray T2'009 for rainy weather. Sponsored by: Myself and my wife.
Joep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:01 PM   #2199
Tech Elite
 
TeamButter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter
Default

The shocks fit, but they are different. The T2 shocks center the piston in the shock body. Take a T2 shock body and compare it to a T1 sie by side...you'll see the difference.
__________________
Xray / BMI Racing / KO Propo / Team Epic / Parma-PSE / High Velocity Racing / TeamButter / P3 Graphics / MDI Racing
TeamButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #2200
Tech Regular
 
Joep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
The shocks fit, but they are different. The T2 shocks center the piston in the shock body. Take a T2 shock body and compare it to a T1 sie by side...you'll see the difference.
Okok, forgotten to say: Use a pair of T1 shocks untill you can get the new T2 shocks. But watch out they are different.

I tried to shorten my reaction, but left some critical info out of it.

Gr.
__________________
Xray T3 for dry and Xray T2'009 for rainy weather. Sponsored by: Myself and my wife.
Joep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:16 PM   #2201
Tech Master
 
smyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Broad Brook,CT
Posts: 1,182
Send a message via AIM to smyka
Default

ok guys the prototype top plate is done and i will have it tommorw morning if everything fits like it is supposed to (which it will )they will be cut tommorw afternoon and i will have them asap so when frank calandra tell me how much i will let everyone know ..


mark smyka
__________________
Trinity, Proline ,EA motorsports, T.O.P Racing ,Futaba ,Bsr Racing tires ,Advantage racing products,Hot Bodies racing,Tq Wire ,REDS Racing, Orca ,Protoform racing
smyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:27 PM   #2202
Tech Elite
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
It's lame for them to be upfront about their parts situation before selling you a car? Hold on, let me make sure I've got this right:

XRay: Here's our fancy new car. We're going to sell the kits, so you can buy one if you'd like, but please be aware that we're not going to have spare parts available immediately. We'll get parts into the distribution chain as quickly as we're capable of doing so.

Drivers: Horray, a new car from our Overlord!
Drivers: I ordered mine. Me too! OMG me too! WTFROFLOMGBBQ I ordered mine!!!1shiftone!
...
Drivers: My kit is here. It's so beautiful, I can't wait to drive it.
Drivers: It drove great, right into the wall. Now it's broken and there are no parts.
Drivers: You suck XRay, how dare you sell me this car before spares were available.
Drivers: You're the great Overlord, you must protect us from ourselves.

XRay: STFU


Okay, I see your point. You guys are right, XRay is just terrible for this parts situation. Clearly they deserve your ire.




Thats funny right there, i dont care who you are...

- DaveW
__________________
...you better run like im booger flickin...
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:30 PM   #2203
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Does anyone knows where which hobby shop on the West Coast that has a T2 in stock? Looking for one.

TIA!

Dom
you got one now....Have fun.....
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:31 PM   #2204
Tech Fanatic
 
HRCRACER123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

That sound great Smyka. Let us know how it works.

Also I heard from another racer who was at the Magma race this past weekend in Canada that Mike Blackstock actually split his T2 chassis in a crash and luckily he had another one. But get this I heard the new graphite chassis he replaced it with was a 3mm not a 2.5mm which is crazy. Because this car was supposed to be able to run on asphault and then be able to hit up a carpet track with a couple of changes. Just thought i'd let you all know that. 3mm chassis huh...
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #2205
Tech Initiate
 
Brad Bessett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
It's lame for them to be upfront about their parts situation before selling you a car? Hold on, let me make sure I've got this right:

XRay: Here's our fancy new car. We're going to sell the kits, so you can buy one if you'd like, but please be aware that we're not going to have spare parts available immediately. We'll get parts into the distribution chain as quickly as we're capable of doing so.

Drivers: Horray, a new car from our Overlord!
Drivers: I ordered mine. Me too! OMG me too! WTFROFLOMGBBQ I ordered mine!!!1shiftone!
...
Drivers: My kit is here. It's so beautiful, I can't wait to drive it.
Drivers: It drove great, right into the wall. Now it's broken and there are no parts.
Drivers: You suck XRay, how dare you sell me this car before spares were available.
Drivers: You're the great Overlord, you must protect us from ourselves.

XRay: STFU


Okay, I see your point. You guys are right, XRay is just terrible for this parts situation. Clearly they deserve your ire.
Brad Bessett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:25 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net