R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2006, 09:31 PM   #2026
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Sat. 2/4 is the next race at SSH, show us what you got Scott
I think I might be workin, but hopefully I won't be! I'm loving this belt drive thing! The car just moves!! Now I see why nobody runs associated anymore... Anyone want to buy a FT TC4? j/k
Old 01-20-2006, 10:33 PM   #2027
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for a touring car and have pretty much decided on a T2. I've never run onroad only 1/10 and 1/8 scale offroad. I'll be running on an asphalt track. Does the T2 perform well on asphalt out of the box? Also I have a GTB 5.5 I would like to run in the car. The chassis space looks pretty tight, what is the chance the GTB will fit? If any one is running a GTB setup and has pictures I would appreciate a sneak peek.

Thanks
sdmlsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:49 PM   #2028
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C
Hi all,
Just started putting my t2 together. Is anyone reaming the arm hinge pin holes with anything. And what size?
when I first built mine, the arm did not fall freely. But after a day at the track, it's smooth like silk now =)
nah604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:23 AM   #2029
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
i thought my rear toe was fine, i just double checked it on my integy station.

rear left (motor side) is 3deg
rear right is 2deg.

running standard kit 3deg toe in. have also tripple checked the shims

bogus.
I don't have a set up station, so I don't know for sure if I have the same toe problem that is being reported.

However, I set a new fast lap record tonight with my T2, beating the previous record set by a full factory XRay driver with his 05. I know my t2 is allready pretty close to being DIALED, and is much quicker than my nicely equiped 04 I had been running.

It is entirely possible that a small ammount of tolerance in the drilling of the rear A-arms or uprights are responsible for the small difference in rear toe. Consider if the arms were drilled only .5 degrees off, it would ammount to the 1 degree difference. .5 degrees across over an inch is pretty close, like a few thousandths of an inch. The difference could also come from the hinge pin holders that attach to the bulkheads.

All I know is my T2 is super fast, and I have no complaints.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:50 AM   #2030
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to CoryCraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmlsu1
Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for a touring car and have pretty much decided on a T2. I've never run onroad only 1/10 and 1/8 scale offroad. I'll be running on an asphalt track. Does the T2 perform well on asphalt out of the box? Also I have a GTB 5.5 I would like to run in the car. The chassis space looks pretty tight, what is the chance the GTB will fit? If any one is running a GTB setup and has pictures I would appreciate a sneak peek.

Thanks
I ran mine on asphault, with the chassis setup in the softest position, white springs up front, yellow in the back, and a muti diff. its as good or better than anything i have driven . out of the box setup i dunno how it would be on asphault, as i changed the front diff, and al 4 springs before i even hit the track.
CoryCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:24 AM   #2031
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ran my T2 with the stock set up rubber tires all I changed was the springs to 17lbs rear and 19lbs fronts . this was my first time out amd I took second in the A main . this is the first time I maked it to the a main in a long time. the car really works . This weekend I am trying the stock set up with foams on carpet I hope this will do as good as the rubber ser up.
ptjonesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:48 AM   #2032
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCrew
I don't have a set up station, so I don't know for sure if I have the same toe problem that is being reported.
Dude.. you dont need a set-up station to check the rear toe-in on your car. You just need a camber gauge. I use the RPM plastic one. It works fine.

Take your car and stand it up on a flat surface. Mine pretty much stays standing up because it rests on the rear body posts and then check it with a camber gauge.

Not to give a lesson here but rear toe-in is one of the most sensative adjustments. If you go from say 2 degree rear toe-in to 1 degree toe-in you will feel a major diffrence. The rear of the car would be alot looser.
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:27 AM   #2033
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Dude.. you dont need a set-up station to check the rear toe-in on your car. You just need a camber gauge. I use the RPM plastic one. It works fine.

Take your car and stand it up on a flat surface. Mine pretty much stays standing up because it rests on the rear body posts and then check it with a camber gauge.

Not to give a lesson here but rear toe-in is one of the most sensative adjustments. If you go from say 2 degree rear toe-in to 1 degree toe-in you will feel a major diffrence. The rear of the car would be alot looser.
Just checked mine on a hudy setup and I got 2 left and 3 right.
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:44 AM   #2034
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa G
Just checked mine on a hudy setup and I got 2 left and 3 right.
Same as me 2 degree left and 3 degree right but I checked mine with a camber gauge. A full degree off would make the car handle really weird.

I dont know but I hope X-Ray will address this issue soon..
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:52 AM   #2035
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmlsu1
Hey Guys,

Thanks
The GTB 5.5 will fit in the car, but you might have to put your reciever in top of the servo.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:55 AM   #2036
Tech Master

Quote:
Same as me 2 degree left and 3 degree right but I checked mine with a camber gauge. A full degree off would make the car handle really weird.

I dont know but I hope X-Ray will address this issue soon..
I got an idea to fix the problem ourselves. We all can become pen-pals and swap one rear hub. We just need to send each other the correct hub.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:51 AM   #2037
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:

I can't see how this form of measurement can be that accurate. If your car is leaning one way or the other in the slightest amount that would change your measurement.

Now I see that someone measured on a Hudy board that would be a lot more accurate.
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:54 AM   #2038
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

did you think of that all by yourself juan..
Old 01-21-2006, 12:09 PM   #2039
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak
I can't see how this form of measurement can be that accurate. If your car is leaning one way or the other in the slightest amount that would change your measurement.

Now I see that someone measured on a Hudy board that would be a lot more accurate.

I agree. It is probably not as bad as he thinks.
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:22 PM   #2040
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal bains
did you think of that all by yourself juan..
This is the most active i've seen Juan post in this messege board in a long time. Thats good Juan. Gotta support your sponsors !!

Dal: Where's your A&W Roodtbeer sponsor on sig ???? hahaha