R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2006, 10:44 PM   #1861
Tech Champion
 
lbckevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,528
Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)
Default

I am running a PRS from EA in a 112 spur....Running EA monster stock as well.


Slight touch of the dremel to countersink the spur and presto.....Great gear on a great car.
__________________
Kevin Smith
Hobbywing * Pro-Line * MIP * Paint Monster
lbckevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:53 PM   #1862
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
What seize are you looking for. I run for xray and I like using a 112 spur gear.
Ideally I'm looking for a 116...we run a tight carpet track here...and the taller spur helps get the rollout we're looking for with a decent size tire instead of cutting them down to the wheels...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #1863
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15
Default

Hi Everyone,

I've been informed that our spur gear is being discussed here. I'm glad that our product is getting good responses. We are new to the 10th scale market, and our dealer chain is a bit small at the moment for the spur gears. We will try our hardest to obtain more dealers. If you would like your local hobby shop to carry our products, please have them contact us directly. In the meantime, you can buy them here

EA: I have great respect for PRS as they have a great product line, and I'm sure they'll have a new spur to fit the T2 out soon. We have no intention to start a product war with them. It just happens that our gears fit the T2 and most other touring cars right now. It really dosen't matter where the product is made, just as long as it's quality is high, just like the Xray cars.
JWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:07 AM   #1864
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
It looks like X-RAY copied some of the drive train design from tamiya. If you guys hate using spacers, TAMIYA makes wider wheel hexes that will mount perfictly on the T2. Eliminating the need for using spacers, when using foam tires. Both companies use the same axes. I'll try and post the part number later.
Just in case if anyone is interested in the tamiya 6mm wheel hexes, that will eliminate the need for spacers on your T2 with foam tires. The part # is tam53569. Comes in a pack of four. Same finish as the T2. Speedtech sales it four $16.50, but I think their out of stock right now.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:10 AM   #1865
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Just in case if anyone is interested in the tamiya 6mm wheel hexes, that will eliminate the need for spacers on your T2 with foam tires. The part # is tam53569. Comes in a pack of four. Same finish as the T2. Speedtech sales it four $16.50, but I think their out of stock right now.
hey juan..so are you telling me my Tamiya Ti axles will work on the T2?
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:34 AM   #1866
Tech Adept
 
kp-61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 211
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys,

Just finished building my first X-ray luckily it was a T2 ... im currently in a situation where i didnt get a front bumper on the kit. I have a race on the weekend and need to do some modification to make some other cars bumper work for the T2. Any suggestions? i looking for a foam that would fit the car, i dont mind cutting to make it fit for now.. Id rather run the car with a bumper rather than breaking parts

I really liked the car and am happy with the quality. Cant wait to see my time improvements over my old car :

I fount a 112 on my tool box and was wondering what pinion should i start with. I have from 30 to 40 but i think i need to get some for this car for it might need the 20 - 29 range... the track is 92 x 48 to be exact. Im running a stock 19t (nothing special just regular motor) if i get a 116 or 118 spur what gear do u recommend to start with?

thanks in advance,
Ryan
kp-61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:37 AM   #1867
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

has anyone tried to see if the tamiya lightweight suspention hubs/knuckles will fit?
The hubs mentioned, come in 4,5,6mm thicknesses.

They are always on ebay, Jasons Store is a good place to look.

Another thiing would be the tamiya low profile hard wheel nut/spacer. This is a wheel nue half the height of the stock one, also comes with a 0.25 and 0.5mm wheel shim set. Ideal for those thinking of adding width, but done want the permanant nature of wider blocks
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:44 AM   #1868
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
hey juan..so are you telling me my Tamiya Ti axles will work on the T2?
I should have worded it better. Tamiya axles are slightly longer. But, all the demensions of the parts are the same. So , the tamiya hexes will fit with no issues.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:47 AM   #1869
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

tamiya axles come in several different lengths, evo 3, evo 4, 415, 415 LW suspension......
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:49 AM   #1870
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
has anyone tried to see if the tamiya lightweight suspention hubs/knuckles will fit?
The hubs mentioned, come in 4,5,6mm thicknesses.

They are always on ebay, Jasons Store is a good place to look.

Another thiing would be the tamiya low profile hard wheel nut/spacer. This is a wheel nue half the height of the stock one, also comes with a 0.25 and 0.5mm wheel shim set. Ideal for those thinking of adding width, but done want the permanant nature of wider blocks
The c-hubs will fit inside the arm. But they're to tall. If your running foams thats the problem tamiya drivers have with foam tires. Tamiya drivers switch to hpi c-hubs and knuckles. Because, XRAY knucles are short like hpi, they might be a direct fit.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:58 AM   #1871
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
tamiya axles come in several different lengths, evo 3, evo 4, 415, 415 LW suspension......
Tamiya's old axles are the same demensions, just longer than xrays. On the new suspension for tamiya, they had to make part of the axle slightly beveled on the outside to fit in smaller diamiter hubs. All I was trying to tell people, was that tamiya wheel hexes will fit great. The inner dimensions of XRAY and TAMIYA bearings are the same.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:01 AM   #1872
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

I see that, but if the bearing inner diameter is the same???????
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:14 AM   #1873
Tech Elite
 
teamgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hampton/VA Beach USA
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
anyone have a one-way/carpet/rubber setup?

For asphalt with one-way/rubbers I'm running medium flex chassis, 5mm rh, -2deg all round, 30wt, 3holes all round, kit springs.

For carpet I'm thinking stiff chassis, and the rest the same as my asphalt setup, to start with.

we have to run rubbers on the carpet. Most folk are using CS-22's, tamiya type-A's or Carpet Dragon's..

only had my T2 for a week, and haven't done a lot of tuning as yet.. obviously haha

Also wonder what peoples preferred body shell's are for carpet/asphalt with this car?

I'm loving the caddy so far for asphalt, havent tried it on carpet yet (trying it tonight). have had previous luck with Alfa shell on carpet with a losi..

taa
You might want to post the question on the XRAY T1|T2 forum. Tonyv and a lot of the team drivers have tested the car with rubbers on carpet.
__________________
Guy Hood
Sponsored by: Team XRAY / Team RC America / RB Products USA
/ Twister Tires USA / Maxy's Mods & Fuel / Parma PSE / Zubaks
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:16 AM   #1874
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
I see that, but if the bearing inner diameter is the same???????
Point being, If you race with foam tires, you can use the wider tamiya wheel hexes instead of using annoying spacers so the front wheels don't rub on the steering knuckles.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:24 AM   #1875
Tech Elite
 
teamgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hampton/VA Beach USA
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp-61
Hi guys,

Just finished building my first X-ray luckily it was a T2 ... im currently in a situation where i didnt get a front bumper on the kit. I have a race on the weekend and need to do some modification to make some other cars bumper work for the T2. Any suggestions? i looking for a foam that would fit the car, i dont mind cutting to make it fit for now.. Id rather run the car with a bumper rather than breaking parts

I really liked the car and am happy with the quality. Cant wait to see my time improvements over my old car :

I fount a 112 on my tool box and was wondering what pinion should i start with. I have from 30 to 40 but i think i need to get some for this car for it might need the 20 - 29 range... the track is 92 x 48 to be exact. Im running a stock 19t (nothing special just regular motor) if i get a 116 or 118 spur what gear do u recommend to start with?

thanks in advance,
Ryan
I assume your running foams. If so, anywhere from a 28 to a 32 should be good. I'd start with a 29t or 30t pinion on the 112t spur and a 30t or 31t for the 116/118t spur.
__________________
Guy Hood
Sponsored by: Team XRAY / Team RC America / RB Products USA
/ Twister Tires USA / Maxy's Mods & Fuel / Parma PSE / Zubaks
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:07 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net