R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2006, 08:09 AM   #1726
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis641
I got mine built up yesterday and had a couple question areas. I have places where the tires rub on the suspension, both front wheels rub on the steering blocks in the back where the tie rods hook to them. and the left rear hits on the bottom of the shock eyelet (with shock in outer mounting hole).

I also noticed that on the right rear bulkhead, that one of the top deck screws sticks down about 1mm through the top into the area that the battery is supposed to sit and it makes it very hard to get the battery in and out of the slot with that screw sticking down.
kjuliussen's answer is spot on for the bulkhead screw.

If you go up a couple of pages, you'll find that Korgae provided a part # for shims to be used in order to space out the wheels. The other two options are to either use one flanged wheel screw washer inside the wheel hexes to space them out, or lightly shave off .5mm of material from the inside of your front rims (you'll have to remember to do it everytime you put on a new set though).
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:21 AM   #1727
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnelhead
Someone told me that RC America bought out Jaco. Is that true. Also lets not crash our new T2's since spare parts wont be ready for another couple weeks. Unless you were smart enought to buy two of them for $369 each.
RC America did not buy out Jaco, they will just be distributing the tires, 1/8 & 1/10 gas and 1/10 & 1/12 electric foams...

If your rear wheel is rubbing just take the inside edge of the rim down a little with your Xacto.

teamgp's answer is spot on with narrowing the front tires with your rounding file when you true them so they don't rub the steering blocks.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:37 AM   #1728
Tech Elite

This what he is talking about. From Korgae.

For anyone looking to play with the width of the T2 ( or have a issue with the how foams fit the front of the car) I came across this XRAY shim set that works better then planned.

Part # is 96 4030 (Washer S 3.5x12x0.2) the inside diameter perfectly matches the threads on the axles with no slop the outside perfectly matches the hex. Each shim is .2mm thick so it allows you very fine adjustment with width putting one on each side increases the width by 1/2 a mm. 10 shims come to a pack.

Take care

Korgae
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #1729
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default cvd binding

Hey Guys, Just got my T2 built but was wondering if anyone has had any issues with their CVD's? one of mine binds up when the set-screw is tightened? If there are any Xray/Rc America Reps. on this forum any info would be great.
I've checked the coupling that the set-screw threads into, it has no burrs nor does the cvd itself. when the coupling is inserted into the cvd without the set-crew tightened down it rotates smoothly. The binding happens when the whole thing is put together and the set screw tightened? Thanks in advance-Alvin
arn671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:42 AM   #1730
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn671
Hey Guys, Just got my T2 built but was wondering if anyone has had any issues with their CVD's? one of mine binds up when the set-screw is tightened?
I had the same problem. But only with one of them. The other 3 were fine. I was gonna take a closer look at it tonight. Anybody else have this problem?
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #1731
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnelhead
Someone told me that RC America bought out Jaco.
As Rocco has pointed out, RCA is JACO's newest US Dist. JACO is very pleased to be working with RCA in distribution of our tires and joint marketing projects.

RCA approached us to include the tires in the T2 box as a gift to RCA's valued customers. RCA & JACO chose to include our most popular compound ( JAC2160 and JAC2156 Double Pink/Orange and Double Pink) the same tire the complete XRAY team used to dominate the Novak race last weekend.

Enjoy the tires, enjoy the car

To the racers in California maybe a good incentive to attend the 2006 ROAR Carpet Nats

Korgae

JACO/SMC
Old 01-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #1732
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to ALBERTO Send a message via Yahoo to ALBERTO
Talking

does anyone else feel getting the batteries in and out of the car a bit troublesome??????. And yes i am using the right screws in the bulk heads... It's like i need to pull them out from the right side only before they come out.... Guess that's better for some people that's pack like to mysteriously fly out of cars
Old 01-13-2006, 11:03 AM   #1733
Tech Adept

Default CVD Problem

I've had the same issue with mine. The problem is part number 305231. I called RCA to get a replacement. I also have a problem with the rear bulkhead on mine though. It appears that a drill bit snapped off in mine where the sway bar is supposed to bolt on. I'm sure they'll take care of it though.
tcdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #1734
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I built my's today it only took 3 1/2 hour it looks good I will race in gilroy tonight.
ptjonesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:25 PM   #1735
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn671
Hey Guys, Just got my T2 built but was wondering if anyone has had any issues with their CVD's? one of mine binds up when the set-screw is tightened? If there are any Xray/Rc America Reps. on this forum any info would be great.
I've checked the coupling that the set-screw threads into, it has no burrs nor does the cvd itself. when the coupling is inserted into the cvd without the set-crew tightened down it rotates smoothly. The binding happens when the whole thing is put together and the set screw tightened? Thanks in advance-Alvin
hi alvin, long time no talk. i will be at rain city tomorrow (is that still the race day?) to either race or practice and i can take a look at it for you.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:40 PM   #1736
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
I had the same problem. But only with one of them. The other 3 were fine. I was gonna take a closer look at it tonight. Anybody else have this problem?

I had the same problem as well and just move the binding cvd to the rear where movement isnt as important. Seems to be fine as there is no binding to the rear suspension at all. I will call RCA for a replacement as well.

I have a question regarding the XRay shocks. Is it common for them to sit right up against the shock tower? I am just used to them having a spacer in between. Any help is appreciated.
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:55 PM   #1737
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBERTO
does anyone else feel getting the batteries in and out of the car a bit troublesome??????. And yes i am using the right screws in the bulk heads... It's like i need to pull them out from the right side only before they come out.... Guess that's better for some people that's pack like to mysteriously fly out of cars
My IB3800's were a very tight fit. What I did was sand a little of the rear outer corner battery holder. Then the batteries slid right in and out with no problems.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #1738
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was

JohnMatrix Dr.Fate?
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #1739
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBERTO
Hahaha, I ran my car without battery tape, or anything to hold it in but the little braces, and the bulkhead, and it didnt come out while I was runnin. Of course, i didnt really hit anything either. but I did run it on some tile floor and drift with it, that was fun
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #1740
Tech Addict

Default CVD

Hey Peter, Thanks! I'll try to drop by tomorrow. What time are you planning on being there? I'm going through another phase of trying different cars. The T2 looks awesome aside from the little cvd issue-Alvin
arn671 is offline   Reply With Quote