R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-29-2005, 12:39 PM   #61
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

All we need now are photos, price and release date.
DougC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:40 PM   #62
Tech Regular

10,000,000 pesos.....10 months before the fk07
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:58 PM   #63
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsorguy99
What appears to be lost on people is the fact that you don't need to run the latest and greatest kit...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PW
Amen! No one is making or forcing anyone to buy the newest vehicle.
100% true and 98% irrelevant. last i checked no one 'needed' or was being 'forced' to race toy cars in the first place (though i tend to wonder about some of the norcal guys and their dependancies).

simple economics, unlimited wants, limited resources. the shorter the product cycle, the higher the cost. the higher the cost, the smaller the prospective market. the smaller the prospective market, the less racers. so why an individual companies may prosper by this business model, i think a strong arguement could be made that the hobby as a whole shrinks.
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:01 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccars4scott
The problem is that this is killing our hobby. I can't remember the last time that a new person came out to our track.
Id like to see the argument relating new people not coming out to a track and the price of luxury touring cars. This hobby is stagnent and has been so for the 19 years i've been involved in it for one reason, LACK of ADVERTISING.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:07 PM   #65
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Id like to see the argument relating new people not coming out to a track and the price of luxury touring cars. This hobby is stagnent and has been so for the 19 years i've been involved in it for one reason, LACK of ADVERTISING.
So true. I bet if just one RC company would create a commercial and put it on espn or speed channel, we'd have more racers. My lhs advertised on tv in the past (I was in the latest one, autograph anyone?? ) and it seemed to bring in a ton of business, however they aren't advertising this season. I'm guessing due to obscene costs for tv spots.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:22 PM   #66
Tech Regular

Hi Lynn,
I guess you will be buying a t2, 2!
porsche928gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:53 PM   #67
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Well said gee-dub. There will always be a market for the latest and greatest, however limited that market becomes.

To get this back on subject, I have no doubt that the new car will be great. What concerns me is XRAY's commitment to previous platforms as another person noted. The "you don't have to run the latest and greatest" arguement is valid only if XRAY continues to support the 04's,05's, etc. If parts remain as difficult to come by as they are right now, or worse, get harder to come by then you DO have to run the latest and greatest. And as is the case with XRAY and most other touring car companies, that cycle seems to be 12 months or less. And in reference to another post, that says essentially that if you have to ask how much the cost then the hobby has lost it's appeal to you and that you should find a different hobby, i disagree. It comes down to fixed resources versus unlimited wants. In short, XRAY/Hudy, please work on your supply chain and manufacturing processes so that you can still support the older platforms all the while supporting the latest and greatest.
rccars4scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:03 PM   #68
JCB
Tech Addict

thanks,
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:13 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

With the staggering number of FK and FK05 kits sold in the last 2 years, I can't see Xray discontinuing their parts support.... it would simply be bad business
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:25 PM   #70
Tech Elite

I'd suggest that everyone use the NEW Team XRAY T2 thread and have this one locked.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:49 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Or maybe everyone should use this NEW XRAY T2 thread which was the original!

Although maybe we shouldn't KEEP going on about how much we hate NEW cars being released.

Then again, everyone complains if a car DOESN'T get team-tested updates so I suppose the mfrs are damned if they do, damned if they don't! (aren't we all?)
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote