R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
 
Revs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 36
Default Yokomo LCG problem

Evening every one,

Im posting this for a freind who is currently building his new yokomo lcg touring car, the problem is one of holes for a counter sunk screw to hold the servo post in place has not been counter sunk, so as you can imagine hes goping to have a problem with the screw sticking out. Now i havent seen the car in person yet we have only spoken over the phone, is this an error on Yokomo's behalf? and does any one have a solution to the problem as he doesnt want to send the chassis back after he took the time to file the chassis and seal the edges, i supose he will have to countersink but hes not keen on that, any other ideas?

Cheers

Tom
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 02:29 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hinckley, England
Posts: 448
Default

hi,

there all like that, you can just file the sides of the hole at and angle to make it a countersunk shape, the only other way is to countersink it properly, or just leave it,

but there is no need to send it back to yokomo, as they are all made like this and there is no fault with his,
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 02:59 PM   #3
Tech Initiate
 
Revs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 36
Default

Thanks a lot i will pass that on
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:29 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs
Evening every one,

Im posting this for a freind who is currently building his new yokomo lcg touring car, the problem is one of holes for a counter sunk screw to hold the servo post in place has not been counter sunk, so as you can imagine hes goping to have a problem with the screw sticking out. Now i havent seen the car in person yet we have only spoken over the phone, is this an error on Yokomo's behalf? and does any one have a solution to the problem as he doesnt want to send the chassis back after he took the time to file the chassis and seal the edges, i supose he will have to countersink but hes not keen on that, any other ideas?

Cheers

Tom
You can pick up a countersink bit at some hardware stores, it's a good tool to own.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:42 AM   #5
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
You can pick up a countersink bit at some hardware stores, it's a good tool to own.
I second the motion and give it an AMEN....LOL
Glad I got my COuntersink bits handy...Needed them more than once or twice..
-Shookie <><
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:53 AM   #6
Tech Master
 
pheyhoe's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: England!
Posts: 1,332
Default

Do you reckon it was time/money saving not countersinking that hole??? i cant find any reason why it isnt countersunk, its like it on the SD, BD, LCG.
__________________
[SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Paul Heyhoe[/COLOR][/SIZE]
pheyhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:41 PM   #7
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hinckley, England
Posts: 448
Default

the reason i THINK it isnt countersunk is because if you look at all the pictures of the team drivers lcg's then you will notice that they mount the servo further fowards and towards the middle more and use the fixed steering arm (not servo saver). they dont use the mount on the servo to mount it, you can see they have been cutoff, i dont know how they mount the servo like this without it moving, it seems quite risky to me. so if there not using the servo mounts then they wont mind about that piece not being countersunk as there is no screw to go through it.

gower
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:45 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agower
the reason i THINK it isnt countersunk is because if you look at all the pictures of the team drivers lcg's then you will notice that they mount the servo further fowards and towards the middle more and use the fixed steering arm (not servo saver). they dont use the mount on the servo to mount it, you can see they have been cutoff, i dont know how they mount the servo like this without it moving, it seems quite risky to me. so if there not using the servo mounts then they wont mind about that piece not being countersunk as there is no screw to go through it.

gower
Shoe-goo works great.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yokomo Aluminum Steering Bellcrank Posts and other yokomo spares hurley081182 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 02-27-2006 06:07 PM
Lots FS: CRC 3.2 & Yokomo YRX-12, Yokomo TC Tires, JR Receivers, New Motors, more TurboFC3S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 09-22-2005 09:38 PM
Yokomo worlds servo problem. Help edseb Electric On-Road 0 01-10-2004 10:27 PM
Yokomo gt4 problem. please help!! stupid newbie Nitro On-Road 23 01-11-2003 02:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:44 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net