R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 1,001
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default If you have a dry sense of humor read this thread

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...6&page=1&pp=30

I was not intending to be mean in any way, I just have never seen someone attempting to sell an item in this manner before............
Ginsu is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 10:36 AM   #2
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Greece
Posts: 224
Angry

He is right people, anyone who has a dry sense of humor can read THIS thread.

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91830

That's right, it is the one you are viewing right now.


Jeff, I dont see the reason why you must $hit on somebody's selling thread.


BTW, Congrats on your FOCARS title. But man, you just have to support this title by acting like a pro. Have you ever seen anything like this $hit you put on my friend's thread being written from say, Matt Francis or Todd Hodge????

Get serious man and apologise.
__________________
Kyosho Evolva M3 / Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 SP / Xray T3
aantonis is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 1,001
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Hey Relax,

If anything it may actually draw some attention to it and sell the car. After all that is his goal, furthermore there was no malice so no apology needed. Unfortunately, I am not the only one that was able to see the humor it it. It was not a personal attack against him, just something thought to be humorous.......and yes, I even laugh at myself often, just look at the bottom of my signature.......come on this is for fun and not at his expense...

By the way he is lucky to have a friend like you. But know I was not picking on him. Just thought it was odd that a guy trying to sell a car has a 3 page thread going........

Cheers,
Ginsu is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 01:07 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

so how much is it ??
will he PM me
or shall i PM him

or just keep reading
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 01:58 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
scoobydo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bay Area San Jose
Posts: 1,501
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aantonis
He is right people, anyone who has a dry sense of humor can read THIS thread.

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91830

That's right, it is the one you are viewing right now.


Jeff, I dont see the reason why you must $hit on somebody's selling thread.


BTW, Congrats on your FOCARS title. But man, you just have to support this title by acting like a pro. Have you ever seen anything like this $hit you put on my friend's thread being written from say, Matt Francis or Todd Hodge????

Get serious man and apologise.
I wouldnt get mad aantonis:
I don't think he is $h--ing on anybody.
I read the thread way before Ginsu made a comment about it and thought the same thing.
It was funny how the thread just kept going and going and going.
It was like a Seinfeld episode.
No disrespect to anybody, we just found it humorous.
I hope he sells it for what he asked for and I hope all goes well with him. It was simply humorous to some of us who thought three pages of posts would have been avoided by putting the price initially.
However, that is non of our business and he can use whatever selling method he wishes.
Again, all the best to your friend.
Happy Holidays to everybody in Greece!
scoobydo is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 03:09 PM   #6
Ike
Tech Master
 
Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,131
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I want my 5 minutes back...
Ike is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 03:47 PM   #7
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,108
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginsu
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...6&page=1&pp=30

I was not intending to be mean in any way, I just have never seen someone attempting to sell an item in this manner before............


That's a guy from Greece who knows "just enough English". You are a scumbag who preys on cultural differences. I think Hitler did the same thing..........
Phatkat is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 03:56 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
scoobydo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bay Area San Jose
Posts: 1,501
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatkat
That's a guy from Greece who knows "just enough English". You are a scumbag who preys on cultural differences. I think Hitler did the same thing..........
OMG
You just equated Ginsu to a man who murdered Millions of Jews!
Man your harsh!
Re-read those posts. Perfectly written, well understood, Probably better than most of the americans posting here.
If that is "Just Enough" then I'm the Soup Nazi!
Lay off Ginsu. It was just a joke, and not even an offensive one. Mainly just an observation.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
scoobydo is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 04:08 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
PaintingRoly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I got your force right here
Posts: 2,822
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Ginsu- I get the joke and just like the "Saturday Night Live" skit it's just not that funny. The guy is from Greece so his english isn't that good, and thats what you laugh at??? Thanks for your fantastic representation of Floridians By the way that is one sweet PRO4

Roly
__________________
follow me @RC3grafix on Instagram for pictures of my paint work.
PaintingRoly is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 04:15 PM   #10
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 1,001
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
Ginsu- I get the joke and just like the "Saturday Night Live" skit it's just not that funny. The guy is from Greece so his english isn't that good, and thats what you laugh at??? Thanks for your fantastic representation of Floridians By the way that is one sweet PRO4

Roly
Your right, the star wars avitar is a much better representation of Florida...............Being able to read and write English I understand he is from Greece and in no way was making fun of his ability to read and write English..........and yes that is what I laugh at, are you now in charge of what I see as humorous? I didn't think so.
Ginsu is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 04:16 PM   #11
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,108
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydo
OMG
You just equated Ginsu to a man who murdered Millions of Jews!
Man your harsh!
Re-read those posts. Perfectly written, well understood, Probably better than most of the americans posting here.
If that is "Just Enough" then I'm the Soup Nazi!
Lay off Ginsu. It was just a joke, and not even an offensive one. Mainly just an observation.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Yeah, I really don't pussyfoot around. He may have found it funny-I didn't see it- but the guy from Greece is doing his best. He may be able to make many sentences, but it takes years to grasp our grammar and slang. Why else do we learn about our language every year from K-12?

Thankfully, the guy isn't ripping off anyone, and gives fast and numerous answers. Many people could take a lesson from him.
Phatkat is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 04:16 PM   #12
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 212
Default

Why is this even in on-road?

That is a sweet car
MikeWO is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 04:17 PM   #13
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,108
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginsu
Your right, the star wars avitar is a much better representation of Florida...............Being able to read and write English I understand he is from Greece and in no way was making fun of his ability to read and write English..........and yes that is what I laugh at, are you now in charge of what I see as humorous? I didn't think so.

Think it's funny all you want, that's fine. But don't be a dick and call him out publicly. That's just a crappy thing to do.
Phatkat is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 04:18 PM   #14
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,108
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWO
Why is this even in on-road?

That is a sweet car

Exactly. Why call him out here and not where he posted? Are you a coward?
Phatkat is offline  
Old 11-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #15
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 1,001
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatkat
That's a guy from Greece who knows "just enough English". You are a scumbag who preys on cultural differences. I think Hitler did the same thing..........
I like the picture of your girlfriend, looks like she had a little to much to drink.
P.S. your a psycho, please dont take offense to that as I am sure I am not the first to diagnos you. Take care.
Ginsu is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EVERYONE MUST READ THIS THREAD -- SCAMMER reenmachine Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum 204 03-05-2013 11:33 PM
Great on road thread....must read genesisG4 Georgia Racing 0 12-25-2007 09:02 AM
RC Humor 403forbidden Northwest Racers 2 09-29-2006 11:44 AM
If you have a dry sense of humor read this thread Mitropoulos Jim Electric On-Road 0 11-29-2005 03:38 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:23 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net