R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-23-2006, 11:28 PM   #241
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile lightning v2

hey

when you use the v2 to discharge a pack. After discharging does the lightning v2 tell you the amount of average volts or run time that was left in each cell.

What I am realy trying to get at is, is there a function on the Lightning v2 that will help weed out bad cells.

Cheers

Ryan
raedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:47 AM   #242
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default quick question

4200 and 4300 cells.
is version friendly to those type cells and can i use to match packs as people do with the CTX?
Trying to decide which to go with, your does seem to be a nice alternative.

is there a download for the manual, would like to take a peak at the details.

thanks
OL
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:46 AM   #243
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

TEAMWAVE, please could you give me a bit more info regarding the bad batch of V1s, I have a feeling mine could be one of the troubled ones, as it seems to follow the sypmtoms sitting-duck describes. Any other way to tell if the my unit is one of the dodgy ones? (i.e any serial number I can tell by?)
Thanks
Old 10-24-2006, 09:54 AM   #244
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

it seems like the online support for team Wave is much better than MuchMore. I do like my CTX-D. But if I were to get another discharger it would be the wave for the cost and the support.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:56 AM   #245
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy
it seems like the online support for team Wave is much better than XxxxXxxx. I do like my XXX-X. But if I were to get another discharger it would be the wave for the cost and the support.
hey buddy, agree with you 100% , i would recomend a team wave discharger to any of my friend any time.... in term of cost & support. Cheers
Old 10-26-2006, 06:03 AM   #246
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1
4200 and 4300 cells.
is version friendly to those type cells and can i use to match packs as people do with the CTX?
Trying to decide which to go with, your does seem to be a nice alternative.

is there a download for the manual, would like to take a peak at the details.

thanks
OL
This is form much more web tech tips,

Here's a tip of monitoring cells voltages with the CTX-D during charging.

1.Connect your charger to a Power supply.
2.Connect your CTX-D to another power supply(if you have)
3.Tray your battery on the CTX-D
4.Enter into Linear DCH mode. you will see 6 cells voltage.
5.Connect charger to battery then start charge.

You can check each cell's status with this way. The tray will show you the volts.
Weak cell or damaged cell will show you higher voltage during charge.

You should connect CTX-D to different power supply. otherwise they will make short circuit.

The CTX-D does not require a high-amp power supply to run on its own. It consumes about 350mA, so a low amp power supply/AC Adaptor (wired correctly) will work fine.

http://www.much-more.co.kr/testbbs/b...=0&menu_index=

we also can perform the same process with a team wave discharger, just go into voltage reading mode.

CAUTION:
You should connect Team wave to different power supply. otherwise they will make short circuit.

The Team Wave Lighting discharger does not require a high-amp power supply to run on its own. so a low amp power supply/AC Adaptor (wired correctly) or power with a 7.2v battery will work fine

Mr Team Wave, please correct me if i was wrong....thanks

Last edited by edwintklee; 10-26-2006 at 06:19 AM.
edwintklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:29 AM   #247
Tech Master

Err Mr Team Wave,

Also another thing i miss this

Old 10-26-2006, 05:27 PM   #248
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

does the v2 display capacity discharged as well as iR for individual cells?
Old 10-27-2006, 10:24 PM   #249
Tech Adept

edwintklee - The battery indicator is for Version 1 only, please refer to the user menu.

edwintklee - You can charge battery on top of the Lightning using a seperate power supply (or powered by a battery pack). Actually this function is invented by TEAMWAVE and other company follows.

wyl03 - Lightning V2 is a pure discharge/equalizer, it will not show discharge capacity and IR. For accurate & useful data (AVG, IR, Cap), please use Turbo Matcher 4 / 35.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:30 PM   #250
Tech Adept

Mr TeamWave,

Can we discharge the battaries when it is still HOT after play? Or wait for it to cool down first? I ve got the V2 ed.

Is it true that we can use a 7.2V batteries as it power supply as someone here mentioned here earlier?
MARKANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #251
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
edwintklee - You can charge battery on top of the Lightning using a seperate power supply (or powered by a battery pack). Actually this function is invented by TEAMWAVE and other company follows.

wyl03 - Lightning V2 is a pure discharge/equalizer, it will not show discharge capacity and IR. For accurate & useful data (AVG, IR, Cap), please use Turbo Matcher 4 / 35.

About voltage display during charge
I Totally agree , becos i saw this function on a team wave 1ST

About discharge capacity and IR,
Many available not very accurate, just compare the $$$$$ of a turbo matcher and other that give the same infomation........
Old 10-29-2006, 08:29 AM   #252
Tech Apprentice

@ Team Wave

Why should i wait for the updated software. I have payed 124 for your discharger at a shop,and it does not work,it is useless for me now.The shop only has units from the faulty batch so i cant get it changed because i will get another bad one.

Do you think its normal that i buy a new piece of equipment that does not work,and that the manufacturer says,oh yea we have some bad ones,please wait and i will let you know when we have better software. And what if the good software is ready? Do you expect that i ame going to send my unit to you to update it and pay the shipping costs,and wait another couple weeks?

Do you think this is good custumer service?
What are you gone do to solve my problem?
How is it possible that you send a bad batch to my local hobby shop?
sitting duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #253
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to clint

Holy fast shipping batman... I ordered my lightning v2 on sunday and it was here today in Canada by noon... needless to say I am very happy.
have not played with it much yet but cant wait to compare it to my smart tray.
Thank you for the great service TeamWave...
http://www.maclan-racing.com
http://www.pr-rc.com/
clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #254
Tech Adept

hi, mr team wave,

i bought a Lightning2 discharger today at my local race meeting instead of the Novak smart tray SE, when i got home i plugged it in and put a set of 4 cells on it to start discharging, but i got a very high pitch squeal as soon as all 4 cells where in place, please advise what the problem is, when i disconnect one of the cells it stops!!!

cheers
steve
Old 11-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #255
Tech Adept

I too hv the same high pitch buzzler non-stop noise coming out when place onto the V2 unit. Not sure was it a bad batteries pack? some packs are ok but may sound a short buzzler here & there.

Noted also sometimes 1 or 2 of the cells have voltage as high as 2.47V in a pack?? However, when switching the +ve & -ve terminals by flipping the pack over, the voltage read out is back to normal again, ie., 1.2X!!??

I dont think I hv mistaken & never connect the batteries to the wrong terminal. So everytime I have to discharge, first thing is I have to flip the batteries around just to eliminate the buzzle noise & to make sure any single cell does not come out with funny voltage (2.47V) before I start the discharge process... Is this right????

I hv also noted the voltage reading always fluctuating at cell position no 2 and have tested with different packs with same problem. Not sure will it affect the discharge process??

Last edited by MARKANO; 11-12-2006 at 10:36 PM.
MARKANO is offline   Reply With Quote