R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-22-2006, 10:35 AM   #226
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

TEAMWAVE- please check yours YGPM
Old 10-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #227
Tech Adept

Can I use just the lightning to discharge my packs before I charge them up?

or will I need something like a smart tray also?
mcgmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:05 PM   #228
Tech Regular

Lightning does basically the same job as the Smart Tray, so you should be fine with just the lightning
Old 10-22-2006, 07:50 PM   #229
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

hey buddy,

i only stick to my lighting since i got it, its so long since i use my other discharger.......
Old 10-22-2006, 10:01 PM   #230
Tech Adept

mcgmark - You only need one Lightning to do all the job. High current, mid current to low current discharge in one unit.

Ali Graham - You are wrong, Lightning is not another smary tray or smart tray SE. Lightning V2 is more advanced, it can pulse discharge at 20Amp and automatically adjust discharge current. Up to this moment, we are the ONLY discharger be able to keep the cells at the cutoff voltage. We use six independent PWM control circuit to control the discharge current to keep it stay at the cutoff voltage.
TEAMWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:12 PM   #231
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

We need to see a pictures of the new discharger before we buy one.
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:56 AM   #232
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18
We need to see a pictures of the new discharger before we buy one.

picture here, www.teamwaveonline.com and first page of this thread...................go to page 1 thanks....read all about it..
Old 10-23-2006, 01:25 AM   #233
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just tried the V2 one @ the weekend and found it not user friendly for 4 cell packs. (haven't tried 6 cell as it's now back in the LHS)

Bought it as I found the price more pocket friendly than the similar CTX unit. Also does 4 & 6 cell packs. 20 amps is enough for any 1

I run tubes on the cells + & - and the cells don't stay located on the tray. The clips that contact the tubes/cells have a little shoulder that allows the tube to slide either side of the clip causing the cells to move and loose contact. Novak has flat faced contact clips and small mouldings in it's tray which help keep the cells in place.

Novak's back out now. It may be slower but the calls stay in place
radio_car_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:44 AM   #234
Tech Adept

radio_car_racer - Try to remove the top plate and turn the screw a bit to make the clip aligned to your required angle such that it won't squeeze your battery.

Jochim_18 - Picture is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Wave - Lightning Discharge / equalizing system-lightningv2_01.jpg   Team Wave - Lightning Discharge / equalizing system-lightningv2_02.jpg  
Old 10-23-2006, 01:51 AM   #235
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
radio_car_racer - Try to remove the top plate and turn the screw a bit to make the clip aligned to your required angle such that it won't squeeze your battery.

Jochim_18 - Picture is attached.
Bit late as it back in the LHS

My 4 cell packs had a link wire between cells 2 & 3 for 12th scale as I run a BMI 12th. A battery bar that would have helped them stayed lined up in tray though but that would mean buying a CRC car etc
Old 10-23-2006, 02:06 AM   #236
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Graham
That's becasue its Team Scream UK distributing this discharger
UK importer is now AMC i believe. New site not running yet but contact details are correct
Old 10-23-2006, 03:09 AM   #237
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
mcgmark - You only need one Lightning to do all the job. High current, mid current to low current discharge in one unit.

Ali Graham - You are wrong, Lightning is not another smary tray or smart tray SE. Lightning V2 is more advanced, it can pulse discharge at 20Amp and automatically adjust discharge current. Up to this moment, we are the ONLY discharger be able to keep the cells at the cutoff voltage. We use six independent PWM control circuit to control the discharge current to keep it stay at the cutoff voltage.
I am sorry, I was thinking of my Team Wave Lightning, which is the V1. Yes the V2 is very different, my apoligies
Old 10-23-2006, 12:10 PM   #238
Tech Adept

So I can use a Lightning V2 to do everything I need to do to the battery before charging?

TeamWave, What version are u selling from your website for around $115.00??

Your equipment is considerably cheaper than the Trinity DPD and MM Ctx-D2
mcgmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:10 PM   #239
Tech Apprentice

@ teamwave.

I have called to the shop and they replaced the unit.
The new replaced unit i have now has exactly the same problem.
The settings are 0,90V XDL1.

I am testing now with GP packs because i dont want to kill my IB cells with the teamwave discharger.

I have equalized the GP pack with my robotronic tray. I have put 500mah into them.
Then i have put my pack again on the robitronic tray and measured al the cells. All the cells had the same voltage.
The i put my packs on the teamwave (0,90V XDL1).
I measured al the cells while discharging and the reading on the teamwave display where the same as on my voltmeter.The i kept measuring cell number 6 al the time.At one point cell 1 till 5 where al done at about the same time. The reading of the voltage of cell number 6 on the teamwave display went from 0,92 to 0,99 while the reading on my voltmeter went below 0,80 and lower cell number 6 just keeps discharging. Then i stopped the discharging proces and restated it again ,and cell 6 was done in a fraction of a second,the other cells took a few seconds and where done also.

Then i put the pack back on my robitronic tray,cells number 1-5 where 1,12V and cell number 6 was 0,99V.

The shop owner has called me to ask if the new unit worked fine because he has also the same problem with his own unit.

Grtzz
sitting duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:41 PM   #240
Tech Adept

sitting duck - One batch of the V1 has this problem. V2 don't have this problem any more because the circuit/PCB/components are all new design, even the software is newly written from the ground up. We are planning to have a software upgrade on the V1 to solve the problem. We will let you know once it is ready.