Team Wave - Lightning Discharge / equalizing system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Wave - Lightning Discharge / equalizing system

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Where can I download the manual of this discharger?
I want to know more about it ~
Thanks !
Old 10-02-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

sorry duplicate...

Last edited by edwintklee; 10-02-2006 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
For people who particularly need the voltmeter function, please wait for the second batch since we have done some modification such that it will give more accurate reading in voltmeter mode.

hi all, Mr team wave..

i have a question, when we set the cut off voltage at 0.9v per cell, after discharging on this discharger,

so i try to discharge with spintec, my spintec still show about 7.++v or sometimes 6.++v,

does this means that team wave discharger is not discharging properly???

this same battery if i do not discharge again with spintec, the total charging amp reading will be lower that the cell capacity....example if 3800 will only charge 3300 or so...or lower..

maybe i should set the cut off voltage lower than 0.9v per cell? please advise..

hope u guys understanding what i am saying....
Old 10-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

What XDL level are u using? If you use XDL=1, it will cut off at a higher current resulting more juice left in the battery. Try XDL=9, it will discharge the battery much deeper. Once the battery is disconnected, it will gradually return to its open voltage (no load to the battery), say 1.xxV...BUT, it doesn't mean that it is not discharged, as I always tell people Voltage is not equal to Energy stored in the battery!!
Old 10-03-2006, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi teamwave you have PM
Old 10-03-2006, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

What XDL level are u using? If you use XDL=1, it will cut off at a higher current resulting more juice left in the battery. Try XDL=9, it will discharge the battery much deeper. Once the battery is disconnected, it will gradually return to its open voltage (no load to the battery), say 1.xxV...BUT, it doesn't mean that it is not discharged, as I always tell people Voltage is not equal to Energy stored in the battery!!

yep the XDL = 1, for more punch, let me try this out..

also, when we are in the discharging process, the display will show the discharging voltage, than change to battery sign, my battery bar sign will always stay full, and not like your web page photo where 3 bar will go missing, does this means is not discharging properly??

any idea?..

Last edited by edwintklee; 10-03-2006 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

got a similar problem like edwintklee (and i think someone mentioned it early in this thread too), the bar of cell 6 is always full, even minutes after all other cells are done. If i then stop discharging and start again, cell 6 is immediately done while the others continue to discharge... tried several packs, all the same. I think somebody suggested that it's a contact problem, but i tried everything fron tightening the screws that hold the clips to cleaning the connectors (corally style) on the battery.

Maybe you have an idea!
Old 10-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

hey omoser,

for the battery meter problem, try to set the XDL=9, than you will see the different....

Mr team wave, i am trying the battery pack discharging with XDL=9 , will post result later,

my theory is this,

if we discharging with XDL=1, where the battery still got lots of juice in team, our charger will have a lower peak value, but if XDL=9, meaning the battery is discharging to the minimum juice, than our charger will have a higher peak...

let me try is out...thanks for the tips..
Old 10-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

hmmm, my problem is not that discharge of all cells stops immediately but only cell 6. It's like this: I put on the pack, start discharging, can watch cell 1,2,3,4,5 bars disappearing until DONE is displayed for all cells except cell 6. If i cancel discharge process after some minutes (all cells are in state DONE now, one cell 6's bar is full) and start again, cell 6 displays DONE immediately and the other cells (1..5) continue discharging since their discharge process was done long before (and therefore the voltage is again at 1.2 which is ok)

maybe some TeamWave representative can say something about that problem since i'm not the only one having it.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

omoser,

i too notice the same problem...

is it maybe that our cell are not equalise? so this would happen?? i also dunno, maybe some1 would like to help us out??

Mr Team Wave,

i solve the discharging problem, infact i now find the team wave dischager more accurate discharger as compare to the spintec V1. thanks for the info,
Old 10-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a litle problem, discharging packs with 4 cells. The cell number 4, not discharge properly, the cells 1,2,3, go down the volts, finds Done, but the cell 4 not discharge, i think is a problem with batteries, but i probe 12 packs and the same problem in all the packs.
I work in electronic industry, and i have a desing and make some discharges trays, only for my personal use.

For me, is a litle problem, because the solution is simple, i put a bridge into de contacts of cell 4 and 5, only the single inferior ones, to simulate that there is another element, and to discharge the 4 cells, perfectly.

Have anyone the same problem, or is a defect in my tray?.

For now is work very good, with 6 cells, and 4 cells with the tip.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When's the V2 coming out?
Old 10-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

xluis: You have do the right thing. Connect a bar is needed for 4 cells. May be you will ask why we don't make this connection on the PCB. The answer is simple, the PCB will burn out if you reverse the battery direction!

But for the V2, no modification is needed for 4 cells

We have small amount of V2 in stock, please contact [email protected] for orders!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

xluis: You have do the right thing. Connect a bar is needed for 4 cells. May be you will ask why we don't make this connection on the PCB. The answer is simple, the PCB will burn out if you reverse the battery direction!

But for the V2, no modification is needed for 4 cells

We have small amount of V2 in stock, please contact [email protected] for orders!

what the advantage of the V2? more function?
Old 10-05-2006, 05:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok, thank you. Now i talk with my distributor for a V2 tray, but the V1, work very fine, for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.