R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-01-2006, 03:07 AM   #181
Tech Initiate

You can monitor cells while charging, but you have to use two powersupplies. One for your charger and one for the lightning. I thought this was clearly stated in the manual.
Stevenkoiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:03 AM   #182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

why have to use two power supply? use battery to power team wave discharger ok??
Old 09-01-2006, 07:22 AM   #183
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

has team wave fixed the faulty button issues with the lightning? my mates unit has a button that does not work at first press. (the middle button)

this is the best discharger on the market in my opinion at the moment but the button not working on first press is annoying.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:32 AM   #184
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

It says in the instruction book that the central button has to be pressed twice, I presume this is to stop any accidental fiddling as the buttons are very sensitive.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:32 AM   #185
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Graham
It says in the instruction book that the central button has to be pressed twice, I presume this is to stop any accidental fiddling as the buttons are very sensitive.

??it soemtimes takes 3 or 4 presses, it definately feels like a faulty type connection as oposed to a "safety feature"
Old 09-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #186
Tech Regular

Hmmm, doesn't sound good. You could try loostening the main cover/lid, just wiggling it about a bit in case the button isn't seated square but that could void your warranty.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:17 AM   #187
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Graham
Hmmm, doesn't sound good. You could try loostening the main cover/lid, just wiggling it about a bit in case the button isn't seated square but that could void your warranty.
it seems like alot of the units in australia (well syndey from what i know anyway ) have this problem.

it's disapointing because it is a very good discharger, and my favourite, but this is a nagging issue with them it seems.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:51 AM   #188
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

yep, Button troubles here too Its Frustrating when trying to get in the menu and the button dont work so you press again, Then it says complete or whatever before you change anything
[[john]] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:43 AM   #189
Tech Rookie

Just had mine today from Team Scream UK via Ebay and I dont think it works.
I have a dismantled 6 cell pack (charged) which I put on the tray, position 1 shows the voltage and battery graph all the other positions show done, if I move a cell from another position to position one the same thing happens?
I have tried contacting the UK and just get an answering machine, hopefully they are still is business, I noticed that there is no mention of the tray on their website, yet there are pictures? Possibly 89 down the drain - hope not!
Can anyone recommend a charger, good enough for racing, hopefully mains and DC in?
HixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:20 AM   #190
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

I thought the advantage of this discharger was that u didn't have to disassemble ur batteries to discharge?
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:27 AM   #191
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HixX
Team Scream UK via Ebay
hope this helps

UK home page Team Scream UK There's a forum on there to
radio_car_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:45 AM   #192
Tech Rookie

No, you dont have to dismantle, I just had one dismantled already so I used it for test. I'm sure it doesnt work.

Cheers for the link, thats the website I had found, tried joining the forum which an administrator has to OK before you can log on, still waiting for that after 4 days. Seems a bit suspect to me that you cannot even view posts without getting Okayed first.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #193
Tech Rookie

mmm.....Teamscream's site in the US doesnt mention the tray either !!?
Old 09-06-2006, 04:14 AM   #194
Tech Regular

That's becasue its Team Scream UK distributing this discharger

HiXX, mine does that too, but on different cell locations. However on mine it often shows my cutoff voltage (for example 0.90) whilst the other cells display done. I also presumed a problem but then I noticed the figure flickering on the 3rd digit, and this means that the cell voltage is just above 0.90, i.e. the display is not large enough to display the exact voltage. After a few seconds though the cells reaches its cutoff voltage, and is ready for charge.

HTH and gives you some insight, if you still can't get in touch, try the Team Scream forum, many of us use that on a daily basis
Old 09-06-2006, 07:16 AM   #195
Tech Rookie

Cheers for that Ali. Though both Team Scream UK and US are distributing the tray .
I found the problem in the end...stupid really...didnt read the manual properly. Trouble was I was using single cells to test it. You cant. You can charge A single cell or 2-6 SERIALLY connected cells. DUH! I am embarrassed that sometimes I can be so thick.
It seems to work fine, thought the voltmeter is out when compared to a calibrated DVM measuring across the cells.