R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-27-2005, 07:57 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Actually I was asked to go when it was decided you weren't. I am taking your place as the team driver going. Not taking your place in the race. As far as I can tell, you are still on the entry list.

I ran into you accidentally. The second after it occurred you stormed off the driver stand. You left no time to say anything much less let you back by on track. With triple A-mains, one incident does not usually reflect in the overall standings. That's why there are three A mains, with one throwout.

FYI.......I did not storm off the driver stand in the 3rd main...........I stood right where I was standing when I was driving.......right next to you for the reamainder of the race...............and you said nothing.........you are the one who stormed off the stand and basically punched Barry Baker in the chest during the first main.........come on dude.........state the facts................

I did not decide not to go to the GP race......I told you I was going.....whether I had to pay for my ticket and lose my pay for the week I was there......and then you fired me...............come on Rick..........for once in your life........Be a MAN!!!!!!!

I have no respect for people who are too chicken s#*t to state the truth...........

You were once a hero of mine............but after the this whole deal.......you have went from a Hero to ZERO!!!!
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:03 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Here ya go Rick......dont say I never did anything for ya.........this link should help you with what you have never been good at........

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...764554816.html
Old 11-27-2005, 08:50 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp
FYI.......I did not storm off the driver stand in the 3rd main...........I stood right where I was standing when I was driving.......right next to you for the reamainder of the race...............and you said nothing.........you are the one who stormed off the stand and basically punched Barry Baker in the chest during the first main.........come on dude.........state the facts................
My mistake. I guess the fact you decided to stop driving, even though your car was still working fine, made me think you were no longer on the stand. You still made it impossible to let you back by. And your attitude after the race was not exactly inviting.

I did not storm off the stand. I left the stand after breaking my car (which I should not have done because you are supposed to stay on the stand until after the race). At that time I was confronted by Barry Baker who called me a prick for not moving my position on the driver stand because Matt Francis wanted to stand in the spot of his choice and expected everyone else to cater to his wishes.

I pushed Barry away when I told him to get the F out of my face. Should I have pushed him? No. And I would have accepted a DQ for the event if the race director had deemed it necessary. Of course he saw the whole thing so I doubt it was a bad as you make it out to be. I don't think it was.

This was during the third round of qualifying, not the mains. My first A main ended early when I was taken out and broken. Incidentally, the driver did not apologize to me nor did I expect one. He did not do it purposely.

I am not sure what you mean about stating the facts. What does the Barry incident have to do with me taking you out, which I fully admit I did?

Quote:
I did not decide not to go to the GP race......I told you I was going.....whether I had to pay for my ticket and lose my pay for the week I was there......and then you fired me...............come on Rick..........for once in your life........Be a MAN!!!!!!!

I have no respect for people who are too chicken s#*t to state the
truth...........
I agreee with your statement and in it is the reason you were let go. See the statment, "I did not decide not to go to the GP race......I told you I was going". You were told, by your employer and sponsor, to do one thing and you said no, I am going to do something else. I don't accept an employee refusing to do what he is told.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:54 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Quote:
Here ya go Rick......dont say I never did anything for ya.........this link should help you with what you have never been good at........

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...764554816.html
That is actually pretty good. But probably not applicable for someone who created a business at 17 and turned it into a globally recognized brand name. I take that back, everyone can learn something new so I may order it. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2005, 08:56 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby J
Hey Rick! Is it true that you fired Hodapp just so he wouldnt be able to make you look stupid at the GP World Cup?
I also want to applogize to everyone reading this thread including Greg. I overreacted to this statement. The reality is that no driver's ability or performance can make another's look stupid.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:05 PM   #36
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I also want to applogize to everyone reading this thread including Greg. I overreacted to this statement. The reality is that no driver's ability or performance can make another's look stupid.
True, but posting on RC tech and getting involved in drama does seem to make some people look stupid
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 09:44 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I dont think they look stupid at all...but its a shame that two people that have been friends for so long and are so influential in our sport, cant find away to patch things up, maybe with some time things will smooth over a bit
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:41 AM   #38
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis
Really?
Where?
Not of the track, organizers and Mr. Reinhard
I am talking about pics of the cars.. without the bodies.
Pics of the pit talbes to see all the new equipment.
Is there a link with these pics...?

Ok, I was wrong about the location...

BTW,
1st A-Final results:

1 Hara, Atsushi Team Hot Bodies 24 5.06,44
2 Rheinard, Marc MAC Andernach 24 5.06,83 0,39 0,39
3 Spashett, David Team Peak England 23 5.02,55 1 R 1 R
4 Wilck, Victor Team Xray schweden 23 5.03,33 1 R 0,78
5 Groskamp, Jilles Team Xray Niederlande 23 5.05,63 1 R 2,30
6 Kaerup, Jonas Team Asso Dδnemark 23 5.08,23 1 R 2,60
7 Moore, Andy Team HPI Europe 23 5.08,47 1 R 0,24
8 Ahoniemi, Simo Team Corally finnland 23 5.09,74 1 R 1,27
9 Fischer, Marc Racers Paradise 23 5.12,78 1 R 3,04
10 Myrberg, Joel Team Xray Schweden 22 5.01,39 2 R 1 R
I think you can´t await coverage in Team Orion style each race even as this was a big race and from what I know Orion always had their own webmaster at these coverages. But at least at the Rheinberg race they were very fast providing the results and this was done additional to other work they had to do. Also the website always worked unlike some other big races.
Regarding pictures and reports I think a Swiss club website will do some afterrace coverage when they are back, at least you could read that at their site. I will post this when it´s time for.
I just have found some additional video from the 1. A-Main Modified here.
http://www.racerc.dk/files/zip/orion...%20finale1.wmv

Just some information for those who are interested in the 19T stockclass. Motors were handout Orion V2 motors. Before the race all armatures were trued to same diameter and the drivers didn´t were allowed opening the motors for any reason so all had the same chances. Overall gearratio also was fixed to 6.6 for every one.
The 19T class was won by Dennis Hassing from Denmark driving a TRF415 and Surge batteries. Body was a PF Mazda6. Second place went to current German stock Champion Thomas Günsel driving a Xray FK05 and Hopf batteries.
TQ was Oliver Näthe from Germany also driving a TRF415.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:25 AM   #39
Tech Master

Thanks V12 for the info.

Did not mean to critisize anyone. I am sure the organizers and Marc's father had a lot of work to do.

Like I said, ORION have spoiled us in the past with very good coverage and as always pictures speak 1000 words, so I was just wondering if there are any closeups from the cars of the top racers.

Do you have any??
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:13 AM   #40
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Is something wrong with the official site? I'm trying to check if there are any new photos and/or videos but I get an error!

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:45 AM   #41
V12
Tech Elite

John
I also would like seeing some more pictures. Maybe there are some in the next days. PS93 want post something.

Yes really I also can´t access that site. 2 hours ago there was no problems. Don´t know what happened.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:52 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Just want to apologize for polluting this thread with completely off topic subject matter.......

Anyway.......before I leave this thread once and for all........one last question Rick.........would I have been fired for taking time to do some freelance computer networking................you suggested that I look into that...........and I said what about the time I would miss from Peak...........you said...........thats cool dude............we can work around it.................that is what is in my head and has me confused..............I could miss work for that.........but not to race for Peak..........really strange...........

Over and out!
Old 11-28-2005, 02:23 PM   #43
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

FIRST ERNIE NOW RICK......WILL MIKE REEDY GET INTO A HEATED INTERNET ARGUMENT NEXT???? I TALK ALOT OF SMACK ON THE NET FROM TIME TO TIME BUT IT'S ALWAYS IN TASTEFUL FUN. WHAT I HAVE SEEN LATELY HAS BEEN VERY DISAPPOINTING. I HOPE THAT THE NEXT BLOW UP IS DONE BY EMAIL OF PHONE BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT AS BAD AS A HUSBAND AND WIFE KISSING AND TELLING. MY QUESTION IS THAT ARE WE TOO COMPETITIVE AT TIMES EVEN THOUGH THAT MAY BE SOMEONE'S JOB??? THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES THAT WE ALL HAVE ALMOST COME TO BLOWS AT A RACE BUT AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE THESE ARE TOY CARS. WHAT'S NEXT???? SOMEONE PULLING OUT THEIR 9MM AT THE NATIONALS? LET'S GO HAVE SOME FUN AND WALK TO THE TRACK AS FRIENDS AND LEAVE AS FRIENDS.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:45 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
FIRST ERNIE NOW RICK......WILL MIKE REEDY GET INTO A HEATED INTERNET ARGUMENT NEXT???? I TALK ALOT OF SMACK ON THE NET FROM TIME TO TIME BUT IT'S ALWAYS IN TASTEFUL FUN. WHAT I HAVE SEEN LATELY HAS BEEN VERY DISAPPOINTING. I HOPE THAT THE NEXT BLOW UP IS DONE BY EMAIL OF PHONE BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT AS BAD AS A HUSBAND AND WIFE KISSING AND TELLING. MY QUESTION IS THAT ARE WE TOO COMPETITIVE AT TIMES EVEN THOUGH THAT MAY BE SOMEONE'S JOB??? THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES THAT WE ALL HAVE ALMOST COME TO BLOWS AT A RACE BUT AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE THESE ARE TOY CARS. WHAT'S NEXT???? SOMEONE PULLING OUT THEIR 9MM AT THE NATIONALS? LET'S GO HAVE SOME FUN AND WALK TO THE TRACK AS FRIENDS AND LEAVE AS FRIENDS.

Antonio Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:42 AM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Sabato

when I'm at work the caps lock never comes off. I wasn't yelling so hopefully you didn't take it that way.